Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the bible/Christianity

Thanks

I thought he meant chain that guy who said the 'truth' thing down.
    Ah well... I did start it.

Thanks

WARNING: i suck at explaining things.

Ok. i havnt read any other posts after page one so sorry if this isnt even a topic of discussion anymore, but i must reply to lagwagons view on god. you say that when people refer to bad things happening as gods plan it makes you angry, let me ask you this, whose plan is it if not gods? people use the phrase because they prefer to be happy instead of sad. they want to believe that god did it for a purpose. which he did. this is just my opinion so please dont take it personally, but to me it just makes sense. i think god, whoever he may be, has a perfect plan. his system is perfect in everyway. and if you dispute it, look at the world. for every bad their is a greater good. this sounds cliche because it is, but its also true. think of it this way. when you have cold, and your nose is all stuffy. you always think of how great it feels to breathe through it. and you wish you that the cold would go away just so you could breathe. then when you wake up that one morning after and your nose is cleared, its like the best breath youve ever taken. same thing with the world. you have to go through horrible experiances to make the good ones that much better. if all we lived in was a world where there was no hunger, pain, desease, we would not care about eachother. we would have no need because nothing could go wrong with anyone else.
    we would not know love, nor hate, nor any other emotion that i am aware of. because everything in the world has an oppisate, an opposing force, a counteraction. so yeah, i feel like i completely blew this whole explanation so....ill stop after i say one more thing. about christians.

i despise organized religion, but i know alot about christianity growing up in a christian home. let me say, thier are thousands of people who claim to be christian, who arnt. thier are so many liars and hypocrites its disgusting. here is the view that christians have on god, or at least the christian church i grew up in, and like i said, it makes alot of sense. but my belief is all that matters is your relationship with god. ok. so here we go, christians believe that god created humans to be loved, and to love him. he created a perfect world that humans messed up blah blah blah. i dont much care. if you want to know more, then ill answer, but for now im tired.

MY OPINION:

god created the world because he wanted to be loved, he wanted to be praised, egotistical yes, but hes god what the hell can ya do. but, he wanted his creation to love him by choice, not by force. god wanted to be loved the way we do, unconditionaly, faithfully, full of self-sacrifice. his plan is perfect in my opinion. heres why. when babies are born doctors have to suck out all of the stuff in your throat or whatever because it can cause massive complications, well when i was born the nurse didnt. i was sick from my birth all the way till i was 8. i could barely digest food and i had constent surgeries( not all because of the whole birth thing, but it was a factor, all in all i just had a fucked up immune system) but anyways, my point being. i cherish everyday im not sick. i love being able to eat something and four hours later still have my body digesting it. you may not notice anything good in your life because it sounds like your focused on all the bad things.

MY QUESTION TO YOU:
    even if all the shit i said was wrong. even if everything i believe is crap and when we die nothing happens. dont you think it seems more rational to enjoy life, take it for what it is, and find the good in the bad? if it doesnt, im sorry. but im just the kind of person who thinks its better to be safe then sorry, i would rather live my life believing in god and praising him, and dieing and going to heaven. then living my life negatively and worthless and dieing and going to hell.....

Graham

ps. like i said, i suck at explaining, and my writing skills are lacking greatly. forgive me, i was just trying to help.

p.s.s in regards to your question about going to church, in the bible, which is what 99 percent of christians use, it states that you should fellowship with others to grow in christ. ( which means to know more of his love and experiance it) just to let you know thats why some people keep on going.
    its all in that little black book, or red, or white, or blue, or any other color.
    Last edited by feradais; 10th-September-2005 at 05:54.

Thanks

i would rather live my life believing in god and praising him, and dieing and going to heaven. then living my life negatively and worthless and dieing and going to hell.....
    Humans do not go to heaven, we are pysical beings. When we die, we go to She'ohl or Hades or hell (all meaning the grave)

The Hebrew word she�ohl� occurs 65 times in the Masoretic text. In the King James Version, it is translated 31 times as �hell,� 31 times as �grave,� and 3 times as �pit.� The Catholic Douay Version rendered the word 63 times as �hell,� once as �pit,� and once as �death.� In addition, at Isaiah 7:11 the Hebrew text originally read she�ohl�, and it was rendered as �Hades� in the ancient Greek versions of Aquila, Symmachus, and Theodotion, and as �hell� in the Douay Version.

we die becuase we sin, right? "For the wages sin pays is death" ~ Romans 6:23

and we we die, we have paid the price "For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin" ~ Romans 6:7
    So we would not go on to further punishment, (i.e. Hell)

As for heaven, this is the condition of the dead : "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten" ~ Ecclesiastes 9:5

Faithful True Christains will inherit the earth
    "And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
    And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
    But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace" ~ Psalms 37:10

And those that have already gone to She'ohl, will gain a resurrection here on the earth: "But when you spread a feast, invite poor people, crippled, lame, blind; and you will be happy, because they have nothing with which to repay you. For you will be repaid in the resurrection of the righteous ones" ~ Luke 14:13-14.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feradais
    WARNING: i suck at explaining things.

Ok. i havnt read any other posts after page one so sorry if this isnt even a topic of discussion anymore, but i must reply to lagwagons view on god. you say that when people refer to bad things happening as gods plan it makes you angry, let me ask you this, whose plan is it if not gods? people use the phrase because they prefer to be happy instead of sad. they want to believe that god did it for a purpose. which he did. this is just my opinion so please dont take it personally, but to me it just makes sense. i think god, whoever he may be, has a perfect plan. his system is perfect in everyway. and if you dispute it, look at the world. for every bad their is a greater good. this sounds cliche because it is, but its also true. think of it this way. when you have cold, and your nose is all stuffy. you always think of how great it feels to breathe through it. and you wish you that the cold would go away just so you could breathe. then when you wake up that one morning after and your nose is cleared, its like the best breath youve ever taken. same thing with the world. you have to go through horrible experiances to make the good ones that much better. if all we lived in was a world where there was no hunger, pain, desease, we would not care about eachother. we would have no need because nothing could go wrong with anyone else.
    we would not know love, nor hate, nor any other emotion that i am aware of. because everything in the world has an oppisate, an opposing force, a counteraction. so yeah, i feel like i completely blew this whole explanation so....ill stop after i say one more thing. about christians.

i despise organized religion, but i know alot about christianity growing up in a christian home. let me say, thier are thousands of people who claim to be christian, who arnt. thier are so many liars and hypocrites its disgusting. here is the view that christians have on god, or at least the christian church i grew up in, and like i said, it makes alot of sense. but my belief is all that matters is your relationship with god. ok. so here we go, christians believe that god created humans to be loved, and to love him. he created a perfect world that humans messed up blah blah blah. i dont much care. if you want to know more, then ill answer, but for now im tired.

MY OPINION:

god created the world because he wanted to be loved, he wanted to be praised, egotistical yes, but hes god what the hell can ya do. but, he wanted his creation to love him by choice, not by force. god wanted to be loved the way we do, unconditionaly, faithfully, full of self-sacrifice. his plan is perfect in my opinion. heres why. when babies are born doctors have to suck out all of the stuff in your throat or whatever because it can cause massive complications, well when i was born the nurse didnt. i was sick from my birth all the way till i was 8. i could barely digest food and i had constent surgeries( not all because of the whole birth thing, but it was a factor, all in all i just had a fucked up immune system) but anyways, my point being. i cherish everyday im not sick. i love being able to eat something and four hours later still have my body digesting it. you may not notice anything good in your life because it sounds like your focused on all the bad things.

MY QUESTION TO YOU:
    even if all the shit i said was wrong. even if everything i believe is crap and when we die nothing happens. dont you think it seems more rational to enjoy life, take it for what it is, and find the good in the bad? if it doesnt, im sorry. but im just the kind of person who thinks its better to be safe then sorry, i would rather live my life believing in god and praising him, and dieing and going to heaven. then living my life negatively and worthless and dieing and going to hell.....

Graham

ps. like i said, i suck at explaining, and my writing skills are lacking greatly. forgive me, i was just trying to help.

p.s.s in regards to your question about going to church, in the bible, which is what 99 percent of christians use, it states that you should fellowship with others to grow in christ. ( which means to know more of his love and experiance it) just to let you know thats why some people keep on going.
    its all in that little black book, or red, or white, or blue, or any other color.
    I like your optimism Graham.
    This whole thread is full of things that people said that make me think (ie Xena, pkt-zero, and you).
    And the point where you said I don't value life and don't enjoy anything, based on my thoughts of religion, is kind of stupid, but then again it isn't, I guess. I'm very happy, with alot of things. And yeah, I hate alot too.
    About your sickness, I am sorry that you had to (maybe still have to?) go through all that. It takes soemthing like that to get a person to value life alot more, I think.
    And about that 'god's perfect plan' thing, about everything always evening out, I think you're right actually. And I do hate alot, like, almost everything (I'm a Jhonen Vasquez follower ). So I hate most people.
    Most Chritians are 'posers' too, I think. And I despise them all. I know a whole bunch of fucking idiots like that.
    Well, that wasn't really a response to your whole post either. Maybe I'll do more later.

Haha, none of that made sense.
    Last edited by Lag; 10th-September-2005 at 09:46.

Thanks

@lagwagon 87

I haven't read much on the previous pages but I believe if you're really unsure of something in your faith, just think about it. It may take a long time, but you'll do as you believe. I believe in God, I believe in Heaven. And Hell. I also believe that no matter how good I act I'll still go to hell. Why? Because christian religions are shades of there former selves and most if not all Christian denominations have lost countless rituals and rules. Do I care about going to hell? No. Do I fear death? Also no. I think that as long as good people are around, even in hell there will be some measure of justice and goodness. The only things i'm scared of in real life are God, losing my freedom, and to a lesser extent politicians and lawyers. Some politicians and lawyers that is, some are alright.

Hope this has helped in some way. Do what your inner voice says and unless you're psychopathic or have one of many... problems..... you'll do OK

@Xena

You really really scare me...... make that fear 05: Xena......
    I'll find it....... eventually.........

Thanks

I think Hell and Heaven were made up by some person way back to scare people etc etc. And why scared of politicians and lawyers? I hate them also, and I want to kill them. Murder is the only way of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geohound

@Xena

You really really scare me...... make that fear 05: Xena......
    And why is that?

Thanks

Did you read your last post? In this thread that is...

Thanks

Did you read your last post? In this thread that is...
    Tell me what scared you about it, then mabye I can explain a bit better.

Thanks

The whole She'ohl or Hades or hell thing and the creepy number quoting thing. Oh and the biblical quoting was disturbing. Have you memorised that stuff? Seriously though I meant no offense by what I said and if I have offended you I am sorry.

Thanks

Xena, have you read the entire bible? If so, how many times?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Xena, have you read the entire bible? If so, how many times?
    I've read the entire bible on a couple of occasions, I just haven't memorised the massive thing. I've got a copy with the removed books in it. It's very old and a lucky find. I found it whilst hounding a great pen and paper rpg

Thanks

The whole She'ohl or Hades or hell thing and the creepy number quoting thing. Oh and the biblical quoting was disturbing. Have you memorised that stuff? Seriously though I meant no offense by what I said and if I have offended you I am sorry.
    No, I was just explaining what the words mean, ie. She'ohl,hades and hell all mean the same thing, Grave, as in the ground.

I dont know why bible quoting is disturbing, But I am learing all the time about the bible, one can never know everything. I memorized that yes, but I still had to look up what the scripures said exactly in the bible, I just know what they mean and were they are in the bible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    No, I was just explaining what the words mean, ie. She'ohl,hades and hell all mean the same thing, Grave, as in the ground.

I dont know why bible quoting is disturbing, But I am learing all the time about the bible, one can never know everything. I memorized that yes, but I still had to look up what the scripures said exactly in the bible, I just know what they mean and were they are in the bible.
    Disturbing as in my gothic cousin kept doing it
    Seriously though she really scared me about a decade ago. All that black....
    I prefer grey myself!

Thanks

Disturbing as in my gothic cousin kept doing it
    Seriously though she really scared me about a decade ago. All that black....
    I prefer grey myself!
    Oh I see Lol, No im not that type of person.

I want to bring good news and hope to people.

I just know the scriptures becasue I study them.