Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: What's the price of gas in your region?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaru
    All of you rely on gas too much. You should give it a break. If you keep using it too much, there won't be any for mankind when it'll be really needed. Try more efficient means of transport or don't complain...
    look man, go suck a nut...and afterwards....KILL YO SELF!
    ...enough said...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lync9763
    look man, go suck a nut...and afterwards....KILL YO SELF!
    Why did I expected this kind of an answer. I really look forward to a time when almost all gas will be depleted and people like you will have to suck someone's cock to get even small amount of it.
    If there is something smarter or faster than me in the world, I'll dispose of it.

Thanks

3.15 at the lowest
    ONE VISION ONE PURPOSE!!!

Thanks

Why did I expected this kind of an answer. I really look forward to a time when almost all gas will be depleted and people like you will have to suck someone's cock to get even small amount of it.
    ok, look...you went too far with that one...if anyone's gonna be sucking anything, it would be yo lame ass in between MY legs...
    ...enough said...

Thanks

our gas prices are going up 20 cents a day, today it's 3.19...tomorrow it's gonna be even more...this sucks....
    ...enough said...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lync9763
    ok, look...you went too far with that one...if anyone's gonna be sucking anything, it would be yo lame ass in between MY legs...
    No thanks. Ask someone else if you are into this thing...
    If there is something smarter or faster than me in the world, I'll dispose of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Listen supposedly we are approximately ( hope I spelled it right) at half of the earth's amount of oil. I read that somewhere but the fact is that by the time all the oil is gone we might have a different way to fuel cars

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BiggySmall
    Listen supposedly we are approximately ( hope I spelled it right) at half of the earth's amount of oil. I read that somewhere but the fact is that by the time all the oil is gone we might have a different way to fuel cars
    exactly...the government is trying to design a car that runs on Hydrogen...some other place are trying to design a car that is nuclear powered, but on the other hand, terrorists could use these cars for bad instead of good...
    ...enough said...

Thanks

Yes. But gas usage grows exponentialy and we might not be able to apply alternative resources fast enough. And gas isnt just for cars too, you know. And its low quantity might trigger some political destabilizations. I think it triggered already

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well if you read it "somewhere," than it must be true.
    I don't believe things until it's backed by a credible source. Sorry.

My parents and I have a belief that if you make gas so expensive that only like... a quarter of the population can afford it, but keep crude oil at the same price for the government to run public transits, it might work out a little better. Of course, there are a lot of problems with that -- I already know this, there is no need to point it out -- it would be a start.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He's talking about the oil peak (sources also cited on that page). Yes, some countries have already passed their oil peak and are beginning a production decline, but others have not yet, most notably those in the Middle East. For that matter, countries like America haven't even tapped all available oil fields yet, due to environmental concerns (The Alaskan preserves). Besides which, passing the oil peak doesn't mean an instant crash. It's a gradual process which, as it continues, will help stimulate research into alternative methods of energy production due to the rising cost of fossil-fuel-based power respective to said alternative methods.

The biggest problem with American gas consumption is the size of the nation. In any European country, population density is such that mass transit is a viable nation-wide solution. In America, however, suburban sprawl and massive rural areas means that mass transit can't support itself nearly as well outside of the cities and inner suburbs. Furthermore, a disproportionate amount of people live in these suburbs, in a growing wave of suburbification (a process since the 1950's, leading to the degrading of the central city's residential tax base, which decreases the quality of services provided, which further accelerates the process...given the choice, families want to live where their children can get the absolute best education, rather than merely 'average' or, in some cases, subpar). Simply, mass transit isn't nearly as well-regarded or viable in the American suburbs. It still exists, certainly, but the infrastructure is far less than you'd find in a European setting. It's true that an end to gasoline subsidization would help, but perhaps not quite as much as would be expected, and would certainly require the infrastructure to be built up beforehand to prevent overloads.

Thanks

I thought gas was bad in my area because it just got to $3.05.
    and sure America is spread out with rural and suburban areas but some steps could still easily be taken. But I find a lot of my friends are scared of the bus system, because of the homeless people that ride them. :/ then I get mad at them.

Thanks

gas right now is at 2.91 i'm guessing it'll go to 3 dollars by the end of the day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow, they're really afraid of poor people? I've never had problems with the bus system or its riders here, and I live half an hour away from the city on a decent day of light traffic. Of course, as I mentioned, the infrastructure would need a serious financial investment, but I do agree it's possible to still increase the use of the mass transit systems. It's just never going to be as predominant in America as it is in Europe or Asia, due to that population density difference. You simply can't run trains out to every hicksville in Appalachia or the Rockies, or even ensure total coverage of a still-widening urban-surburban split. Not to mention that internal suburban sprawl means that the towns themselves are effectively built to cater to automobile travel, and these are not internally linked by bus systems due to a low density that would render it only slightly more effective than running trains throughout Appalachia.

Thanks

Here we go...
    You two, stop insulting each other and double posting and otherwise being gay. Surely you don't want me to close yet ANOTHER perfectly good thread, do you?

Now, about Hydro-vehicles, they are currently on sale, but do you know how many hydro-refueling stations there are in the entire US? There are twelve, three of which are in California. As you can see, Hydro-rides won't be viable for a few more years. Nut once they are, you can believe the gas price will drop back to the prices I grew up with ($1.69 for Premium, I miss those days). Aside from the benefits, I doubt that a Hydro-car can be used as a Hydro-bomb without some SERIOUS modding and shit. If it could, I doubt they would have even went with the concept.

Nuclear cars will never pass. Not in our lifetime, though. Too much damned work and far too expensive. So you guys might as well forget about seeing those on the roads. Ever.

About oil and gas prices, yesterday, they actually started going DOWN a bit in some places. This is because some of the refineries in New Orleans going back online, and some of the nations in the EU deciding that we have a crisis over here so they are gonna help out. Thanks you guys. However, we probably really won't see that aid coming in for a few weeks or months. Prices may go up before they go down, as well, but look forward to gas prices dropping back into the two dollar range in various places. [Speculation about the price]