Thread: Gui Made In Java

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gui Made In Java

This is a piece I've been working on for a while now, its been trial and error, but I've gotten moderatly far, I think after I finish this I might do a few sample ones as attach as code for anyone that would want it

It's a pity I'm moving onto C++ in my new year, I'm just starting to get good at this lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Congrats for making that! I believe things like that could be done in a matter of seconds with C# or Delphi... but I say 'Meh' to those who use those and call themselves programmers.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, this took me a while (lots of refactoring and stuff still hard to understand lol) , and I think at the moment, it comes to about 3-4 pages of code, the thing is now I have to make it work with the program I was given (Submission thing was to make the GUI then make it work with a program given already)

Thanks

I liked Java for it's Swing thing and how easy it was to make interfaces, but I like Mozilla's XUL more. You can't really call it a programming language, but it's so easy to make interfaces with that. It's basically the same as Java but much easier to read and write.

Thanks

Not bad. Not bad at all... But i really don't like java cause it's as laggy as heck for games like runescape. The images are so friggan terrible and the music is midi and the sounds and everything are turned off and it still lags like a SOaB. And it's more than just their rotten bandwidth. They just code it using the wrong languages so it's cross platform. They could always make it cross platform if they so pleased and made updates more easier to get.

Thanks

Congrats are in order, learning to put together GUIs is a bitch at first, but it's fun once you get into it...

Delphi... Pffft!!

Thanks

Very Good work making a GUI in java is hard if your starting from scratch so good job.