Thread: Help With Pitfall 3D And Epsxe Emulator

Thanks

Default Help With Pitfall 3D And Epsxe Emulator

I recently download http://70.85.9.138:6969/stats.html?...bd ea62746e969 and I unzipped it with 7.zip, but what I got was a folder with ' pitfall3d.B5I ' and ' pitfall3d.B5T '. I cannot get this file type to work on epsxe. Do I need to convert them to some other file name thing? I also downloaded final fantasy origins off the main emuparadise site, but the file had ' FFO.mdf ' and ' FFO.mds ' . Those won't work on my emulator either.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHibiki
    I recently download http://70.85.9.138:6969/stats.html?...bd ea62746e969 and I unzipped it with 7.zip, but what I got was a folder with ' pitfall3d.B5I ' and ' pitfall3d.B5T '. I cannot get this file type to work on epsxe. Do I need to convert them to some other file name thing? I also downloaded final fantasy origins off the main emuparadise site, but the file had ' FFO.mdf ' and ' FFO.mds ' . Those won't work on my emulator either.
    The b5i and b5t files are a format that BlindWrite 5 uses, I do believe Daemon tools will mount such images. Daemon will also mount images with the mdf+mds format you listed above as well. If you have Nero or Alcohol 120%, you could burn these games to disc, or you could mount the images first then reformat them to bin+cue or iso using the image maker option of either program.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    The b5i and b5t files are a format that BlindWrite 5 uses, I do believe Daemon tools will mount such images. Daemon will also mount images with the mdf+mds format you listed above as well. If you have Nero or Alcohol 120%, you could burn these games to disc, or you could mount the images first then reformat them to bin+cue or iso using the image maker option of either program.
    Where do I find these programs and how exactly do I do that converting bin+cue?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Since you're trying to play these games with ePSXe, then you don't need to burn them to a CD.
    You can keep them as ISO's (B5T and mdf are different ISO formats)
    So, all you need to do is follow this guide to using Daemon Tools.

Download Daemon Tools from here (it's free): http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...tegory&catid=5

First, install and configure Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive on your computer. After doing that you should see a small icon in your system tray that looks like a lightning bolt. Right-click on that lightning bolt, choose "Options", and make sure there's a check mark next to "Analog Audio". <--- very important

Now this time left-click the lightning bolt icon, and click where it says "Device #: [ *: ] No Media", then choose either the .ccd, .mds, or .cue file by double-clicking it.
    #: will be a number like 0:
    [ *: ] will be a letter like [ H: ]

Now Double-click My Computer, and you should see your new virtual drive. It's letter will be the same as the letter for[*]. If you want, you can double-click the virtual drive to open it, and see all the files in the ISO. But that's not necessary.

Now open ePSXe by double-clicking it, and click Config > Cdrom > Configure. Then, for the option of selecting which drive, choose your new Daemon Tools virtual drive (It's the one named Generic DVD-ROM).

Now you're ready to play the game.
    For ePSXe, go to File > Run CDROM.
    And your game should start.