Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird question, but does anyone have the Playstation startup sound?

Thanks

Default Weird question, but does anyone have the Playstation startup sound?

I want it for my computer's start up sound, but the only version I can find is this

http://favewavs.com/wavs/misc/sony1.wav

But the bass sounds way too high on that, I think.

Also, there's that other noise that comes after when it checks the disc. Anyone have this too?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, and after that comes another sound, which is not present in that recording.
    Ist a great idea to pu that sound in my windows loaded event.
    Respect, justin138 %)

Thanks

Wow...thats a really cool idea. I'll try to search the full startup sound.

Edit: Damn its difficult to find

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Damn. I know..maybe someone can record it?

Thanks

Okay I did a search on google and found a post on another forum. The guy had posted the same thing but he wanted PS2 startup sound and this is what he got in reply...

Plug the PS2 into your soundcard. Record it. Enjoy.
    I have a PSone and a PS2 but have no idea how to do it. I'll keep on looking though

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ravihpa
    Okay I did a search on google and found a post on another forum. The guy had posted the same thing but he wanted PS2 startup sound and this is what he got in reply...

I have a PSone and a PS2 but have no idea how to do it. I'll keep on looking though
    Isn't there usually a yellow, red and white cable that you have to plug into the TV? The red and white ones are the sound. Get a cable that converts those into anything you can plug into the line-in of your sound card, and record that.
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 28th-August-2005 at 19:50. Reason: Nice big screw-up.

Thanks

Hehe..you need a special kind of soundcard to do that, I think. One that accepts composite cables.. I'm not gonna go out and buy a converter just to record a 5 second Playstation sound..

Don't some PSX emulators have the startup screens?
    Last edited by justin138; 28th-August-2005 at 19:52.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    Isn't there usually a yellow, red and white cable that you have to plug into the TV? The red and white ones are the sound. Get a cable that converts those into anything you can plug into the line-in of your sound card, and record that.
    I think that is the most logical way to do it.

Ya know, now am more intrigued with the PS2's sleek ambient wooom sound that it makes when it "catches" a PS2 disc

Thanks

pss.wav
    sonyps.wav

I tried to edit that one and I found another one.

Thanks

Cool. That should do it. I downloaded both of them and they are PERFECT. Just remove 2 seconds off of sonyps.wav and join both of em together and you should have the PERFECT PSone startup sound. Am gonna give it a try after I finish my work Thanx Moz. Rep for you dude.

PS: Moz dude, see if you can find the PS2's ambient "WOOOM" sound. I'll really appreciate it. Thanx in Advance

Thanks

Yeah, that sounds perfect, it'll do great! Thanks so much..

I'll keep an eye out for the PS2 sound..do you mean the sound when you first turn on the system, that sounds like an ocean, or the shorter sound when the game starts up(I think that's when it happens)?

Thanks

No not the first sound when you turn it on. Its the sound that comes when you put a PS2 disc in PS2. The whole screen goes BLACK and the words "Playstation 2" are FLASHED on the screen with a WOOOM SOUND

I think they also flash it in some of their TV advertisements at the end.

Thanks

No not the first sound when you turn it on. Its the sound that comes when you put a PS2 disc in PS2. The whole screen goes BLACK and the words "Playstation 2" are FLASHED on the screen with a WOOOM SOUND

I think they also flash it in some of their TV advertisements at the end.
    I understand what sound you mean.Maybe i can record it later if i am not bored

Anyway here is Ps1 startup sound recorded with epsxe.If you want my opinion sounds better than the other one.

Here test it for yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRyu
    I understand what sound you mean.Maybe i can record it later if i am not bored

Anyway here is Ps1 startup sound recorded with epsxe.If you want my opinion sounds better than the other one.

Here test it for yourself.
    Wow. They work perfectly in coordination. Merge Evil Ryu's PSone startup bios sound with pss.wav and you have the perfect startup PSone muziek

Thanx in Advance Evil Ryu for that PS2 "wooom sound" hehe. Also rep for you for this excellent PSone startup sound.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 28th-August-2005 at 21:30.

Thanks

Wow. They work perfectly in coordination. Merge Evil Ryu's PSone startup bios sound with pss.wav and you have the a perfect startup PSone muziek

Thanx in Advance Evil Ryu for that PS2 "wooom sound" hehe. Also rep for you for this excellent PSone startup sound.
    No probs Okay i will do it tomorrow for sure.Time to play a winning eleven 9 match right now and then get some sleep.