Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Emuparadise Game

Thanks
    EP Points

Default The Emuparadise Game

This is a project that has merely been on the drawing board with creative ideas, but no lateral ones. so here I want to give the game another try, but hopefuly get some ground this time. I'll post more after I've finished my washing

Edit: okies I am back, and I have a few ideas and fun stuff, but I would like to get a few basics down

*What Genre of Game will this be?
    *Will there be a theme or can we make it up as we go along?
    *should the game be in 2D or 3D?

I was thinking 3D as I want to try making game engines as it seems fun , I was thinking a possible pokemon type aspect can be put in, such as there are roms and Isos (Isos are rare) and you attack them, but instead of HP, they have MB, and instead of killing them you download them, and perhaps, having a psx joypad as a weapon like a whip or something, and having an extension cable as an addition or power up?
    Last edited by Stark; 27th-August-2005 at 08:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

The game idea sounds fun.
    However, I think a 3D engine would be a bit too much. Not just on the coding part, because that can be done, in the worst case it will be slow. But (even though my knowledge in 3D modelling is nonexistant) the levels and characters and whatever would be easier to do in 2D, not to mention you can grab nice sprites and tilesets from many SNES/GBA games.
    The controller whip thingy immediately invokes the though of Castlevania like gameplay. That would be nice if you can pull it off.

Thanks

Good luck.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Good luck.

Another great post by the original cool skinner8......

To the game:

Each person from emuparadise could have an own person at this game and it would be also named so in the game. The goal of this game could be like arriving an admin title, respect by other users here, etc. It should be 2D, Genre I think simulation or something like these.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okies, I have pretty much took the last day looking at some C++ and I think I'm going to try this in as a Opengl program, this seems to be a bit better after I can manage to get moving sprites I'll post more stuff.
    Last edited by Stark; 1st-September-2005 at 18:12.

Thanks

I can't help you with the making of the game, but I would sure like to play it.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Hmm, wouldn't all of the farther enemies have to be ISO's because they have much higher MB?

I had a strange idea just to throw out. This would be for a 2D platformer kind of game though. What if there were either different levels (Mega Man style) or different zones (Super Metroid style) and like different ones corresponded to different genres or different games in specific. If you defeated the boss of a genre/game then you would get a power from it. If you were taking the genre route it would be something like bosses are ISOs while enemies are measely roms. I don't know, just throwing it out there.

If you were going to go with a pokemon aspect then you're talking some sort of RPG? If you take that route, definately allow a player to use more than one rom/ISO at a time as not to keep battle mundane.

Thanks

Opengl? i thought that only supported 3d... oh well...

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, I'm throwing around a bunch of ideas, I really need to brush up on this for a while, I have been crunch teaching myself C++ for a few days now, the only thing I've really done as far as this game is concerned at the moment is just ideas, nothing concrete

Thanks

Working on ideas is the best first step...

Thanks
    EP Points

Take your time, and do an RPG. I've been wanting to slay a few of you since a good time now.

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually think an EP beat-'em-up game would be pretty cool.

Thanks

Multiplayer RPG sounds intresting... I wouldn't mind burning some people here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yargh. From the programmer's point of view, I'd say that you should first get a basic engine done (like RPGMaker2K, if you know that one), and AFTER that should you start thinking about the details. Obviously you should know what genre of game are a you going to do.

Thanks

I'd always like to see some members who wants to try something out , but this idea is haunting EP for years now and it always starts like this : Someone pops up the idea of making an EP game , then people come up with a hundered idea's and people start yelling '' I wanna be in the game , make me Sephiroth!!! '' and then the project is stuck because nobody wants to but as much effort in it as needed.

So good luck guys

P.S : the RPG genre has always been choosen , try something new and maybe it'll work out this time.