Thread: Dead Pixel ??

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Dead Pixel ??

Right firstly I got one of these as a Birthday Present http://www.joytech.net/product_info....products_id=95

What a nice piece of kit may I add. Unfortunately the one I got contains one dead pixel pretty centre but more to the top of the screen than the bottom. It doesn't really affect gameplay but when the screen is mainly Black or White its noticeable. I'm a believer that If you pay good money for something that it should be perfect no matter what (I understand that dead pixels are a problem on LCD screens)
    According to the manual the 12month warranty only covers dead pixels if the screen contains more than 3 ???
    Fortuantely the place the person who got it for me from covers this Item from defects for 3 years.
    My problem being though do I risk exchanging it for one which could possibly be worse (or hopefully dead pixel free?)
    My minds pretty much made up that I'm gonna exchange but would like some views on this, especially as I read some topics on dead pixels & such in regards to the DS & PSP

Raz

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, if you exchange it at the store and you end up with a worse one, the manufacturer is probably more likely to replace it. I'd say that's probably your best course of action.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you only have one dead pixel and it doesn't really get in the way of your enjoyment, I suggest you just deal with it. You could exchange it, but you run the risk of getting a replacement with dead pixels as well. On the other hand, you could get a monitor without any at all, but as dead pixels are indeed a risk you take with LCD monitors, do you really want to risk it? One dead pixel doesn't seem like that big a deal to me, when the alternative is a monitor full of them.

Thanks

I don't mind dead pixels if there is just 1 or 2 it's very likely you'll get another one with dead pixels. The bigger the LCD screen the bigger your chances of finding a dead pixel.

A neat thing though is if you just try and ignore the pixel for a week or two your brain will actually start compensating for it and you'll notice it much less. About 30% of your vision is all in your brains interpretation of what your seeing and your really quite blind in some parts of your vision. This same system will try to fill in an odd pixel when your not looking directly at it.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

I read in some psp sites there are disc that flashes different colors on the screen to try and fix that problem. I did read that people used it for thier PSP to fix dead pixels some say it worked some dont. But its worth a try if i find the link ill post it here.

Thanks
    EP Points

It fixes stuck pixels, which are a little different then dead pixels.