Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greenday - Wake Me Up When September Ends (Video)

Thanks

Hahah, Jesus Of Suburbia???? They should've release Homecoming/Death of St. Jimmy. That one's also 10 minutes and way better IMO.
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

Dance Billy, dance!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dakaru
    If Masterbaition is getting boring your fucking lazy.
    name that song green day freaks .
    well the lyric is actually
    when masturbations lost its fun, you're fucking lazy

and cosmic, have you not heard that they are planning to make an American Idiot movie?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic
    Longview!

I actually really like American Idiot and don't understand why people are being so hard on it. With the possible exception of Warning, you can't really compare it to their other albums since their style has changed dramatically over the past five years or so. Remember when Face to Face released Ignorance is Bliss? That's one of my all-time favourite albums but everybody always ignores it because they suddenly shifted styles from skate punk to hard rock. It's a similar situation with American Idiot. It's a great album and needs to be looked at in a different way to the rest of Green Day's releases if you wish to fully appreciate it. I have a feeling that in years to come it'll be looked back upon as a classic.

That said, 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours for the win.
    Thats why I think they suck they changed there style to cool to gay .
    and really, he needs to ditch the eye shadow.

Thanks

I am a huge Green Day fan at heart but some reason not known by myself i can not really get into the new album at the moment.

The main reason is probably it being majorly over played!! Everywhere i go i hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams or Wake Me Up.... or American Idiot....

I mean its not a bad album but it takes a lot of getting use to it as most long standing green day fans are not used to this type of music from them, hence why at the moment it has been slated by a fairly large lump of the fans....

Thanks

That's very true actually. Although I suppose every track on a concept album has to be good so you don't skip half of them. Even so, I listened to the album the whole way through again this afternoon and I'm still surprised at how well each song flows to the next.

There's also talk of Jesus of Suburbia being released as fifth single. As long as they don't cut or edit the song I reckon it'll be pretty cool. Let's face it, a 10 minute video is virtually guaranteed to piss off your average MTV viewer.
    Oh? That'd be rad. Jesus of Suburbia is, in my opinion (duh!), the best song on American Idiot. Atleast not counting Extraordinary girl. That'll give me a reason to watch MTV :p

On another note, I actually saw the September Video. I liked it, it was cute.

Nitra: Another kickass song. Remember how my name was "St. Elmdor" only a while ago? Go figure :p

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

Remember when Billy would leave the house without 5 pounds of eye makeup on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Louise

Nitra: Another kickass song. Remember how my name was "St. Elmdor" only a while ago? Go figure :p
    So, "Elmdor died today, he blew his brains out into the bay. In the state of mind, comes my own private suicide"
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by artist088
    and cosmic, have you not heard that they are planning to make an American Idiot movie?
    Ah, I heard a while back they were thinking of doing so. Is it going ahead now, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakaru
    and really, he needs to ditch the eye shadow.
    So says our resident Cradle of Filth fan. Seriously though, I agree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitramuse
    So, "Elmdor died today, he blew his brains out into the bay. In the state of mind, comes my own private suicide"

Funny thing, I put that exact quote in my sig but I got disconnected before I could update it and my lazyness prevented me from trying again. Now mourn me.

A movie? Awesomeness?

Billy's hot...

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, I heard a while back they were thinking of doing so. Is it going ahead now, then?

So says our resident Cradle of Filth fan. Seriously though, I agree.
    well i don't believe they have started it yet. but i do know that they plan to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos
    Remember when Billy would leave the house without 5 pounds of eye makeup on?
    Heh, big reason Green Day have lost popularity in a way - it seems they're trying to dress in the "emo" fashion.

Also, I used to be a casual Green Day fan, I liked Basket Case etc. but now I can't stand them because a) they got political and failed, and b) the amount of pricks who have become Green Day "fans" based on one album
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

I find Basketcase overrated. The chorus is stupid :/

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Louise
    I find Basketcase overrated. The chorus is stupid :/
    Basket Case = First or Second song I learnt to drum to = Win.

I liked the Green Day who were just aboot mucking around, not trying to be meaningful, dang-nammit
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman
    I liked the Green Day who were just aboot mucking around, not trying to be meaningful, dang-nammit
    Agreed.