Thread: dreamcast emulator

Thanks

Exclamation dreamcast emulator

ok i wanna get some dreacast games now but im not sure if chankfast is the best if anyone could enlighten me it would be great. oh and is it similar to the psx emus in the way it works? as in isos and using the emu itself.

there all better now
    Last edited by styx; 4th-August-2005 at 00:18.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Chankast is pretty much it as far as DC emulation goes. There are a couple of other emulators, but neither or them are as fast as Chankast.

Also, you asked about PSX iso sites in another thread, did you not? Not that asking again is against the rules or anything, but y'know...it's a bit annoying. I mean...you already created a thread and all. Just be patient and wait for it to bear fruit.

Thanks

ok a downloaded the chankast emulator.But i need a bios file can anyone help me out?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by styx
    ok a downloaded the chankast emulator.But i need a bios file can anyone help me out?
    I'm pretty sure Sprung posted the Chankast bios in the YSI Links Only thread just a day or so ago. It should still be active, so search through the last few pages of that thread and find it.

Thanks

well i found it but cant dl it from you send it it gives me an error message saying that the site cant be found can anyone give me a link where i can find it or reup it to you send it

Thanks
    EP Points

well i found it but cant dl it from you send it it gives me an error message saying that the site cant be found can anyone give me a link where i can find it or reup it to you send it
    Well, I get "Service unavailable" off my link, so either YouSendIt is down for maintenance, or there is a problem with the S40 server. Try again later, I suppose

Thanks

I just dled warcraft2 of u send it man that site is screwy

Thanks
    EP Points

You can find the dreamcast bios in my sig...click it.

Thanks

thank you

Thanks

ok i got the bios now how do i go about getting the emulator to work i know its a total noob question but hey i am a noob to this hehe can i play it on my comp or do i gotta dust off my old dc

Thanks
    EP Points

ok i got the bios now how do i go about getting the emulator to work i know its a total noob question but hey i am a noob to this hehe can i play it on my comp or do i gotta dust off my old dc
    If you have a DC, I wouldn't bother with the Emulator. Chankast is great, but it can't compete with a real Dreamcast.

Thanks

but is there a easy way to get chankast to work that dc is buried in a mountain of crap and if i can get it to work on my comp it would be easier than hoping the that dusty old thing still works oh ya and thanks again sprung your awsome

Thanks
    EP Points

but is there a easy way to get chankast to work that dc is buried in a mountain of crap and if i can get it to work on my comp it would be easier than hoping the that dusty old thing still works oh ya and thanks again sprung your awsome
    Well, Chankcast works exceptionally well for an emulator as young as it is. That said, you'll have a hard time finding games that run well enough to play [unless you have a top of the line computer, you're looking at maybe 20% of the games]. For example, I have a Pentium 4 1.6GHz, with 896MB RAM and a Radeon 9600XT 256MB vid card. I can't run too many games that are playable. Don't get me wrong, I like Chankast, but I can use the same computer to burn an ISO for the Dreamcast in 10-15 minutes, and it works with 100% of the games.

Thanks

well my comp is pretty dang good the vid card is a nvidia 128meg 2.4ghz and 1.24 gigs of ram but thats a must for my starwars galixies lol so guess ill start digging thanks again sprung your bout the most helpfull person ive met in a while

Thanks
    EP Points

well my comp is pretty dang good the vid card is a nvidia 128meg 2.4ghz and 1.24 gigs of ram but thats a must for my starwars galixies lol so guess ill start digging thanks again sprung your bout the most helpfull person ive met in a while
    No problem at all. Hope the old DC works