Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chappelle's Show finished

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by \/3n0(V)
    yup. thats gotta be it. i read something from time magazine on how he began getting paranoid. dave that is.
    Well...you cut out the maybe in there. Anyway, it's a possibility. Cuz while it's usually easily understandable/non-sensical bits, he does occasionally speak in spanish. But it might also be that I just wanna see a mexican on T.V. who isn't a novelty so badly, that I like him regardless. And now I've gotten a bit too serious for these boards...
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks

Yeah I've known about this for awhile, Dave doesn't like being famous...can't say that I blame the man.

Thanks

at least he got payed. now he can retire in peace

Thanks

I was thinking...and just realized that one of the things I'll miss about Dave is the exposure he gave to so many overlooked rappers. The song in the opening of the show was a Dead Prez song. And he regularly had Mos Def on there (Who's blown up now tho) And Talib Kweli also did performances. Shame that those guys are gonna fly a little bit lower under the radar now.
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks

I heard he had a sex change and is now a pop diva in training

Mikey_ Guest

alrighty. if dave didn't like being famous then he shouldn't have publicly been the funny man that he is. but seeing as how he's strayed away from the limelight, i guess i'm glad he's done something about the being famous part. if he doesn't like being famous, he...maybe he shouldn't have his fans.

Thanks

I have a Time magazine around here somewhere. What he said(after he took off for Africa)was he didn't like the direction the show was going. He didn't like a lot of ideas people were throwing and didn't want to go on with it.

It was a pretty good run and for the most part didn't go stagnant. If the series would of gone another season it wouldn't of been as edgy anymore that's for sure. I won't be surprised if we see him in the future but it was a good run
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Let's all hope that he pulls a "Family Guy" in a few years and comes back funnier than ever with some good material and more artistic freedom. Only started watching his show about a year ago and since then have gotten many of the episodes through DVD releases and downloads, but i already miss it. Maybe if we're lucky he'll release a movie or something in a few years...

Mikey_ Guest

movie is in, actual feature film? or movie as in, a stand up performance? cuz he's done plenty of those.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Stand up....maybe with some performance like on the Chapelle show. Gotta go [runs to store to find a copy of the standup performances]

Thanks

cAHPELLE WAS A FLASH in the the pan.. he wasnt the greatest.. he was a racist thank you and have a good day

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Question for roms_are_cool:
    Why post here? i doubt you even watched five minutes of the show and besides this is a place where fans of it are meeting. Are you looking for a fight or something? If so, just go to a "looking for battle" board

Thanks

Oh roms are cool...another kid who is mad that his parents wouldn't LET him watch the Chapelle show.... That show was great! I watched it every day I could...sux the season ended...but it happens to some of the greats. Never know...maybe one day it might come back in the 3rd season with a vengeance!
    "A game not only takes your mind on a journey...it lets you finish until that power button is hit" B-Rad (Me)

Thanks

hey thanks for the useless bump of the ten day old topic...

Thanks

The Rick James Story in season 2 is so funny i was cracking up hard the first time i seen it.