I recently got my Tigerdirect.com catalogue in the mail. I started flipping through it, seeing if something would catch my eye. Sure enough it did, an 'AOL Optimized' computer for 199 dollars. 2.50ghz processor, 256mb ram, monitor, printer, keyboard/mouse, the works. Check this website out. Its the AOL Optimized pc homepage.

http://www.aolcheckout.com/aol-pc/aol_02.asp

I originally thought it was a pretty good deal...That is until I looked at the fine print. It states in the fine print that this deal is only available when you buy 12 months of AOLs shitty internet service for 24 dollars a month. That makes a grand total of this "would be" great deal 486 dollars plus AOL calling you 3 times every month afterwards, asking you if you want it again. Shame. I was really looking into this computer to use it as a Redhat server.

But this tells me something. AOL has reached an all-time low (even for their standards). I believe that the lost customers is finally starting to catch up to them. Maybe soon we will no longer have to endure their tv ads claiming that they are number 1 and how they have the "better internet". This pc deal is good news for people that get called monthly, being asked if they want the service. I am one of them.