Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to run

Thanks

Default Best way to run

What's the ahem best way to run and excercise... basicaly i want to lose weight and get fit.... but everytime i run my legs hurt and my lower back ......... i'm onl 17 why does my back ahhh i figure i'm running.. well wrong lol.

ANyone?

Thanks
    EP Points

No, it's not because you're running wrong...
    It's because when you run, there's a lot of strain on your back and legs. They're carrying the entire weight of your body. It is advisable to walk a little bit before running and then once you feel warm, stretch your back my trying to stand straight and then bending and reaching for your toes.. (this will stretch your legs too!).

However, the BEST and most comfortable exercise has got to be swimming.. There is no strain on any part of your body and all your limbs get exercised. Also, your breathing is properly regulated. So my suggestion is, you should try swimming if you're getting a back ache with running.

Thanks

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    Try that out, it worked good for me.
    XBL I IcedEarth28
    Play with me!

Thanks

well i can get fit with situps/pushups etc. BUT i'm trying to get myself ready for the mile run at the start of the school year so thats' why running.

Thanks

Extend your leg of choiceforwards and push down and back on the ground firmly, repeat until you reach the desired speed.

If you want the most fun and all around exercise with nearly no possibility of serious injury, try swimming. It will get you into shape sooooo fast and it's nowhere near as tiring as running/other sports.

Do your muscles burn when you run? You're probably just not used to exercising, you need to stretch more and warm your muscles up before running. Don't worry about running fast, the first thing you need to acheive is endurance, build strength into your heart. I can run fast as hell but only for short periods. I have never been able to run for 30 minutes straight or something so running has never been one of my exercise choices.

Aerobics will whip you into shape even faster than jogging all over the place, but it's dead tiring. I reccomend signing up at a gym and start off with mostly cardiovascular exercises.

You probably already know this, but cut down on what you eat. See a doctor so he can tell you what kind of diet is best for you, people have different metabolisms so some people can eat a lot and apparently never gain wheight while others have to avoid high-fat and high-sugar content foods. Eating nothing but fruit, some veggies and meat in very small quantities does miracles for me in just a week. But if I eat 1 or two candy bars within 2 days it starts to show. So basically keep an eye on what you eat, and try your best to keep the "daily reccomended fat and carbohydrate" intake under 100%.

Edit: Mile run? Pfft... fuck that, don't kill yourself over it, I was never able to do it without slowing down or stopping due to boredom and exhaustion. Took me like 10 minutes once, another time it took me like 14 minutes... I took my sweet ass time.

Exercise is something you always have to do to stay in shape, the only thing you need to change is your diet, that's what makes a huge difference(at least for me). Stop drinking coke/Snapple/other crap, cut down on alcohol(if you drink often), eat slower in less quantities, never eat before going to sleep/rest, get lots of fiber in your food(shredded wheat cereal is cool), and make sure you drink plenty of water around the whole day.
    Last edited by Soeru; 28th-July-2005 at 22:03.

Thanks

yea i always take 10-15 on mile (i usualy walk it )

I dont' dirnk but i do drink a lot of sodaa and i'm stoping that.. that's probably were the 10 lbs came from :-p

Thanks

Well the best way to lose fat is to lift weights and do cardio. Also you have to eat right as well or you aren't going to lose fat, you might just lose muscle or water. Go to bodybuilding.com. It is easily the best site for this sort of thing. And no the site is not just about bodybuilding but they have so many good articles and such that it could really help you out. So if you need any help finding something on there I can help. Just let me know and I will do what I can.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

thanks for your site and offer :-D

Thanks

There have been people who have successfully used a home version of DDR as their sole weight loss program. Combined with a decent diet, that is.

Thanks

dang that's crazy ddr lol

Thanks

I agree with most of the people who have posted before me. Stretch out before running. Run for like, twenty minutes, to begin with and work your way to longer.

If running isn't your thing, swimming is a good choice. Cycling is good, if you want to gain muscle while you're at it. Like KnightofNachos said, DDR is another way to do it.

Anything that gets your fat burning works. Fast walks, jogging, running, dancing, whatever...

~Koichi

Thanks
    EP Points

Do the John Bastow(Spelling) workout plan. And as your watching it, look at his head then body, and his head does not match the body. HES A FAKE!!!

Barrack chamber #45 on the Galactic Repbulic Dreadnought
    Thanks

Two words: Full Throttle.. it'll give that extra boost to get ya going and it keeps ya on your toes,I drink one everytime I run or work out
    Troopers can't die...

...they can only go to hell and regroup

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Extend your leg of choiceforwards and push down and back on the ground firmly, repeat until you reach the desired speed.

If you want the most fun and all around exercise with nearly no possibility of serious injury, try swimming. It will get you into shape sooooo fast and it's nowhere near as tiring as running/other sports.
    Nice instructions for running. As for the second part if swimming isn't very tiring then you aren't swimming hard enough. Then again I do swim competively so...
    But yeah swimming is very low risk for injury compared with other sports.
    People, in general, are stupid.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
    George S. Patton

Thanks

Breathe regularly when you run, you'll find that if you concentrate on your breathing, the effort of running seems much lesser. Also if you're running on the tready then do it differently. There are different regimes which you can follow. If all else fails, just do what Soeru said.