Thread: Convert .mds and .mdf to .iso!?

Thanks

Default Convert .mds and .mdf to .iso!?

Okay. I downloaded all the parts to Tomb Radier from right here on Emuparadise. Thank you for putting them up in the first place. After I got all the files, I unrared them using winrar and was expecting to find a nice little ISO file waiting for me. What I got was the .mdf and .mds files. I know that I need to load the small file into a dtools v-drive to make it work. But I was wondering if there was a way I could just convert the two files into a single ISO file that the emulator would be able to deal with!? Would I need to mount it onto a v-drive and make an ISO of that? Why didn't the person that created it cut that step out. [If I'm too lazy to write out virtual or deamon then I'm too lazy to have to convert the files.] Please let me know.

-PCG-
    -PCG-

Go open-source!

Thanks

you can convert it to BIN/CUE format using isobuster http://www.isobuster.com/

just open either of the mdf or mds files then right click CD in the top left. Select Extract CD , then select RAW (*.bin, *.iso). Name the file and it will begin converting. Once finished it will ask you to name the cue file which should be named the samething.

The person made it using Alcohol 120%. The image is meant to be burned to CD or mounted on a virtual drive. Not everyone just loads the iso and for a lot of games it's not a good idea to do that because it can't run analog audio files when loaded this way.
    Last edited by kryptin; 23rd-July-2005 at 13:04.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

Well, I can't get it to load even when mounted to a virtual drive so I don't think converting it would solve this. I know that this was made by alcohol 120% and meant to be burned to CD but that's not something I'd be interested in seeing as how I have the actual game disc. I wanted to have it in the computer to see if I could solve some problems I'm haveing running it from the CD. Thanks for your help. I will look at ISO-buster.
    -PCG-

Go open-source!

Thanks
    EP Points

If I recall correctly, you can mount the game image using Alcohol and then use Alcohol to convert the image into an actual ISO format, instead of mds+mdf, and it will also make the image into BIN+CUE (CDRWin) format, which is what I do with game images for PSX all the time, and the CRCs always come out exactly the same when converted as the original image format. ISOBuster can oftentimes corrupt the game image when converting from one file format to another, as this has happened to me when converting Panzer Dragoon Saga for Sega Saturn before.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

If the mds file won't mount to Dameon Tools, then someone may have renamed the .mds file.

Upload the mds file as an attachment, so I can check it out.

If you can mount it to Daemon Tools then you can use ISOBuster to make a bin/cue for you which is what I do with mds/mdf files.

EDIT--I've never had a problem with ISOBuster, but I have noticed that if you use it to convert a cdi (DiscJuggler) file to bin/cue, you will get thousands of errors in the empty/unused sectors.