Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to enable analog audio on an unmodded PSX/PS2?

Thanks

Default How to enable analog audio on an unmodded PSX/PS2?

Yeah, the topic asks the question. I have a PSX backup, that I think uses analog audio. If you guys remember, its Tetris Plus, i put it up in the YSI thread awhile ago. Anyway, it works with music if I mount it with daemon tools with analog audio enabled, and use Run CDRom in ePSXe. But how would I go about making my PS2 (preferred) play the music? I boot my backups using a PSX Gameshark, its worked fine with all my other backups. It will run, but no music. Is there a way to enable it on a PS2? If not, what about on a PSX with the swap trick? Thanks in advance.
    My PSX/PS2 Trade List Want something I got? PM me!

Thanks

Did you burn it by selecting the cue to burn?

Thanks

Yeah, it's the right cue too, because I looked at it, it's got all 52 tracks on the list. It still doesn't work.

Thanks

What program did you burn it with? Gotta ask the stupid questions cause I dont know too much about no music unless it deals with the cue.

Thanks

Burned it with CDRWin in RAW mode, at 1x speed.

Thanks

Hm that should be perfect. I downloaded tetris plus so I will try swapping it on my PSone real quick.

Thanks

Alright, tell me if it works. I think it didnt work on my PSX because I swapped it with a game smaller than it. If you cant figure it out, I'll try it out with Rayman 2, according to my computer, its bigger than Tetris Plus, so it should be able to boot it successfully, unlike last time I tried on my PSX. It booted on my PS2 with PSX gameshark and knife swap, but no music. If theres a way to get it to work with music on PS2, that'd be great, if not, then PSX is good too, I just really want music.

Thanks

I just tried swapping it with Harry Potter and the Sorcerors Stone. Didnt work. Maybe it requires a modchip or something. I dont know whats the matter.

Thanks

By didn't work, it didn't boot up? Or it booted, but had no music?

Thanks

It booted and had sound effects but no music tracks.

Thanks

Well, I just went up and booted on my PSX too, with Rayman 2, it worked this time, so I guess it does need a game with a bigger size. And there was no music on the PSX either. Is there anyway to get the music to work without a modchip?

Thanks

I dont think so. My modchip is in the mail right now actually so we will see if it even works then.

Thanks

Is there anyway to enable the music on the PSX? I really want to know before I give this copy to my dad. He likes Tetris Plus, and I wanna know if theres a way before I give it to him. If not, please tell me.

Thanks

it's because the cd your using to swap it with only has 1 track (the data), the playstation looks at the orignal disc and stores how many tracks it has, in this case it's 1 track (data only).

now after you swap, the game trys to play a music track (track 2 to track 52) and because the PSX / PS2 thinks that there is only one track it won't play the music..

to get the music working, use a game cd with the same number or more in audio tracks when doing the swap, you also need the DATA track on the original to be bigger then the copy, but this willl make the audio tracks start and stop times different as your using the start and stop times from the orignal-game cd and not the tetris one, this means that your audio might not start / stop where it is meant to,

this is why you need the the orignal game to be bigger then the copy, because of the start and stop times (sectors) on the data track

example: if your original game is 300mb, and you try and boot a 450mb game, the PSX cannot access the last 150mb of data because the PSX thinks the data ends at 300mb, if the orignal has 450mb and the copy 300mb, the last 150mb isn't used and the PSX can read all the data.
    Last edited by The__Android; 21st-July-2005 at 22:29.

Thanks

Rep your way. I never would have thought of that. (I successfully swapped it with Tomb Raider and got sound)