Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading.. good or badin summer

Thanks

Default Reading.. good or badin summer

Hey someone was saying that i had talked to online that i was weir dor something for reading in summer and i disagree totally. Reading although boring if you pick the books not for you is stupid it is great and helps you learn a lot and i think you should read it all year round if there is a book for you.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What a silly topic.

Hmn, I'd say anyone giving you shit for reading is an ass, as there's nothing wrong with reading whenever you feel like it. Even during the Summer.

Thanks

harry potter all the way :-p even tho i was reading bourne supremeacy right now so differnt and MUCH BETTER than the movies (bourne identity is really the two movies combined) and i have a comp book on the ground i have to break into and some school books i need to get to hahah

I need to find friends too :-p

Thanks

No, I don't find anything wrong with reading in summer. I myself don't read a lot. I haven't read in ages. The grade levels below 12th grade here have to read over the summer anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malikman
    Hey someone was saying that i had talked to online that i was weir dor something for reading in summer and i disagree totally. Reading although boring if you pick the books not for you is stupid it is great and helps you learn a lot and i think you should read it all year round if there is a book for you.

What do you guys think?
    The Summer months are the best times to read, actually. During the summer, you can just sit on your porch with a book and a cup of lemonade and relax. Aside from the relaxation of it, you can use this time to focus on your book and ignore everything that's going on around you, so long as you don't have a job.

Thanks

haha most people hvae a job :-p and i do too... when straw and hay are around lol otherwise they don't need a ton of people so i'm like this....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you're lucky, you can even read while you're on the job, too. I used to work in a library, and even working now with an education organization for special education, I have plenty of time to read.

I, needless to say, love reading, and don't understand people who don't. Especially if they are so pushy about their own dislike. I wouldn't worry about it so much, and recommend you just have fun the way you like.

Thanks
    EP Points

Reading is a godsend during summer break. I get bored with games way too fast.

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

Stupid high school. I have to do summer reading. I have to read 2 books then after that I have to write a 250 word essay on one character.

Thanx a lot to DSerge for this sig.

Thanks

I'm quite disappointed in myself. I don't read. Can anyone reccomend something for me to read? Then I could report back here with a better response.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    Reading is a godsend during summer break. I get bored with games way too fast.
    haha i don't have enough games to get bored with

steam (cs,hl2 etc.) ius about all i got (hl,dod etc.)

I need more games i have about 11 gigs of psx games LOL i never play'em for some reason it takes me awhile to get into games.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D.
    Stupid high school. I have to do summer reading. I have to read 2 books then after that I have to write a 250 word essay on one character.
    250 word essay FUN that's really onl ylike a 2 page paper... at lesat it's not lik 5-6 !

Quote Originally Posted by SJawz3288
    I'm quite disappointed in myself. I don't read. Can anyone reccomend something for me to read? Then I could report back here with a better response.
    any star wars i think there all good (at one point i had almost ALL of them read... but then i stoped and i haven't really continued) harry potter's good... bourne identity/supremacy are good i'm into supremacy now

is there a way to quote 3 people at once... that mighta helped me make those 3 posts one....
    Last edited by brit; 18th-July-2005 at 04:05.

Thanks

woah who put my threads together and how do you do that... or my posts i mean.

Thanks

woah who put my threads together and how do you do that... or my posts i mean.
    You just copy and paste the stuff you want to quote. Or you can hit the quote button, copy it, go back to your original post and paste it there. Now stop double posting.

Thanks

sorry about double posting.

Thanks

sorry about double posting.
    Worry not. However, now that you know how to do it, I'm gonna just delete any double posts you or anyone else makes... because I'm an asshole.