Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here know how to increase your upload speed on ADSL...

Thanks

No, I really think that you can't. But you could increase the speed in general putting filters in all your phone plugs and closing all the applications unless the one you r using to upload/download. Or you can use a faster ADSL connection paying much more!!

Me will rock you

Thanks

Some times they say it makes it faster when you get more RAM.....

But, the way I know is just to pay your provider with more money......
    I am your poison candygram.

Thanks

lol, that isnt much RAM now considering todays latest techknowledgy..........

Well it could just be something wrong with your connection. why dont you just contact your provider and see if they know......

Thanks

Try to tell me the complete stats of your computer. And maybe that would help.

Thanks

Well, in my country (Italy) i need filters to put in the phone plugs to use ADSL but I dunno if they r needed where you live. If you put this filters in all the phone plugs, the speed can be increased a little

Me will rock you

OO7 Guest

i pay $50 a month for my adsl and i have got it to go 233kb\s no joke

Thanks

And where do ya live?

Me will rock you

Thanks

Originally posted by OO7
    i pay $50 a month for my adsl and i have got it to go 233kb\s no joke
    I get 30kb-80kb for $40. Who the hell is your provider? And that is a good connection to play Ragnarok Online.

Thanks

Well, first, are you all speaking of Kilobits or Kilobytes? Many internet providers and downloading programs speak of Kb but they would mean KB and viceversa.

Me will rock you

Thanks

I though KB + kb and mean't kilobytes no matter what....

super vegeta ss Guest

i live in manitoba, canada. i used dsl (whats adsl?) and was able to reach d/l speeds of up to 125kbs, most of the time i would get speeds of 20-30kbs (i used fillters on each phone). thats with a p2 266 laptop with 96mb of ram and only a 4 gig hd. i found that too slow and went to cable (i miss napster), maybe your provider sucks(try someone else if you can

buzzyon Guest

Al_timex, Im from prince edward island too! What are the odd?!?
    Anyways, Im guessing you get your internet from island tel (sympatico). That's who I have and I really cant complain. Most of the time, I download between 60kps-110kps. I dont upload anything though so I'm not really sure about that. As for the filters...you should have gotten them with the modem for FREE. Just tell them that you didnt get any and they will give you them (up to four) for free.

Thanks

A filters looks like the phone plug, it's very similar to it, you just insert it in the phone plug. And it has got a RJ exit on the bottom (you can attach your ADSL modem to it)

Me will rock you

buzzyon Guest

I have also been looking into getting my high speed internet through eastlink (its quite a bit cheaper when you sign up for one of their bundle deals). However, I live on 213 Spring Park Road (right in Charlottetown) and the internet only reaches up to 200 Spring Park Road! lol I must have the worst luck. It's not so bad though, they said that my house should be connected shortly.
    There are two kinds of filters. One is for wall mounted phones (like you probably have in your kitchen) which are about the size of a small phone. It mounts onto the wall and then you connect/attach your phone to it.
    The other is just a small box with a small piece of phone line that plugs into your phone jack. Then you plug your phone into the filter (the filters just hangs from the phone jack so you should be able to see it). You probably already have them and just didnt notice 'cause I'm pretty sure that you need them to be able to use the phone while you're on the internet.
    Hopefully Ill be getting a cable connection (through eastlink) soon and I can let you know if it's any better.
    BTW I'm 22

Thanks

Who are u talking to? Me or buzzyon?

Me will rock you