Thread: The All-Inclusive Racing Sim Thread.

Thanks

Default The All-Inclusive Racing Sim Thread.

This thread was originally something else entirely, but I guess some of you (read:all) people don't like The Nurburgring Nordschleife and for that I give you your own opinion. This thread is more welcoming now.

Since Gran Turismo is not the only racing sim anymore, I've decided to include everything from Gran Turismo to Forza Motorport and everything between. This is not limited to console titles, either. I've decided on this apporach because the Sim scene is filled to the breaking point with titles and to only include one is just stupid. And so here is my proposal.

Since there are so many racing fans and so many racing games, why don't we have a thread to have fun and talk about our experiences with certain cars on certain tracks, as well as issue challenges and compare tuning setups?

The only rules are that we don't exaggerate our times in any game and we make sure to list what game, car, and course we are taking these times from, so as to not confuse people. Sounds easy enough, right? Good.

This is also a good way to see the differences between the titles and their levels of realism. Seeing one person's times varying from game to game should be good enough, right?

So far, my lowest time in Gran Turismo 4 is:
    7'05.198 using a Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec LM Limited '96 with 740HP/6800RPM and weighs 1278kg on the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

A car worth noting in Gran Turismo 4 is the Caterham Seven Fire Blade '02. Mine weighs in at 335kg with 280HP/10450RPM and it's fully tuned. It's easily capable of sub-8'00.000 times on the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
    Last edited by brit; 14th-July-2005 at 20:40.

Thanks

I decided to conduct a little challenge since I had nothing to do and I was feeling particularly spicy so here it is: A three course, tree car time trial between Forza and Gran Turismo 4.

Here are the courses: Tsukuba Circuit, Laguna Seca, and Nurburgring Nordschleife.
    Here are the cars: Integra Type-R, Mustang GT, CLK55 AMG.

Being the guy I am, the cars and courses are listed respectively.

Now for the results:
    Tsukuba Circuit
    Car: 2002 Honda Integra Type-R
    Course Length: Forza - 1.29mi || GT - 1.27mi
    Best Lap: Forza - 1'10.092 || GT - 1'11.282

Laguna Seca
    Car: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
    Course Length: Forza - 2.24mi || GT - 2.24mi
    Best Lap: Forza - 1'53.994 || GT - 1'48.618

Nurburgring Nordschleife
    Car: 2000 Mercedes CLK55 AMG
    Course Length: Forza - 13.04mi || GT - 12.94mi
    Best Lap: Forza - 11'23.738 || 8'36.945

As you can see plainly see, Gran Turismo definitely had the shorter times in my trials. What bothers me is that two minute gap on the Ring. I am fully aware that I had a 0'36.108 penalty added onto that lap, but even then, where did that whole 1'30.000 go? It's not because of that 0.10mi difference. I could cover that on foot in less than 35 seconds. Something is really not right. Can any of you others check into that with me?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://community.forzamotorsport.net...gt=bar%20h0nda

I'm ranked 97 on Time Trials at the minute. Was 14th at one stage. I'll get back there later in the week. I'm quick.

Thanks

1 FAST GHOST 00:06:52.789 #42 F1 GTR

I can beat that. I'll get the car and do it in both GT4 and Forza and compare the times.
    I wonder if there's a GT4 site like that. Time to go googling.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The more Forza times you do, the more I can own you. I'm invincible.
    Get Xbox live... scoreboards for fucking everything then and we can see just how good you are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atiko
    The more Forza times you do, the more I can own you. I'm invincible.
    Get Xbox live... scoreboards for fucking everything then and we can see just how good you are.
    Haha. I would if I had the monies. Don't think this is my way of backing down, I would love to try and get ranked above you, but Microsoft won't let me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My arse, nerd.