Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently Viewed Movies

Thanks

I'd have to say Princess Mononoke is my favourite Anime i've seen.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks
    EP Points

I saw the dumbest Movies ever created... Sharkboy and Lavagirl. The dumbest original movie I have ever seen

Thanks

Wink

just seen war of the worlds, ghost in the shell 1&2, vampire hunter D, The machinist, and charlie and the chocolate factory. all last night.

Thanks

omf-goodness i just watched final fantasy 7 advent childre,,,,greates video game movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!! oh man that movie rocked!

Mikey_ Guest

saw advent children again earlier today. now i must say, i'm tired of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Batman Begins... It was better then I was expecting it to be.

Thanks

Saw "Robots" yesterday, it was ok =P
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks

Just watched Blade 2, Demolition Man, Swordfish, and FFVII: AC yesterday. serious movie overload.

Thanks

I want to see Basketball Diaries. Saw Sleepers today for the somethingth time. Like it, makes me sad.

Thanks

saw million dollar baby last night. was a good movie... sad though.

have seen basketball diaries several times. great movie. sad as well though.

It's cross season!

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cyclefiend2000
    saw million dollar baby last night. was a good movie... sad though.
    one movie that made me freakin cry my ass off. saw deem impact last night, certain things about that movie made me cry also, like how the blonde girl in the movie had daddy issues, like me. how she gave up her life for her co-worker/friend and her child to live. i'd do the same if ever the time arose for my sister and my nephew. oh and did i mention that land of the dead was fucking horrible? cuz it was

Thanks

Default Bad times up north, if you don't mind

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - What the hell kind of demographic intellect is this thing s'posed to be targetting? I couldn't honestly tell. Of course, I wouldn't begin to start convincing the board such a curious mindset is any possible indicator of a success, so......

Nick Park has let too much fleeting overeager buzz over Play-Doh in doses too small go too clearly to his head. The inevitably disastrous result is this sorry excuse for a full-length animated feature.

- When one of the two titular protagonists (the speaking one) can hardly be counted upon to factor in much after the opening half-hour;

- When Mr. Park completely botches the pacing by deliberately rendering it creaky, meandering, jumbled, interminable all at once;

- When obligatory attempts to wring suspense from the titular threat do not work;

red lights should be going off like crazy - anyone should know this means trouble.

As claymation fixes go, sure, Chicken Run was merely okay if you ask me, entertaining enough, but I don't believe there's even one incidental pleasure to be found like a tolerable-for-once personality or animal sensibility in the far less impressive, far more crude-looking Were-Rabbit, probably because the number of voice-overs that make any sort of memorable impression is zero, while the hammy caricatures are thru the roof. (Not much grace either, despite its country of origin.)

That is, unless you're feeling really drunk, maybe, or squarely game for British puns, gags, one-liners and references so groan-inducing, thuddingly obvious and 'get on with it, already' they make typical Will Smith shtick sound brilliant beyond compare. "May contain nuts"? Give me a goddamn break. At times, I could have heard a pin drop in the moderately full theatre. We wuz robbed. Nope, ain't no sunshine where Mr. Park's gone with his dimwit inventor (makes Homer J. look like a Ph.D) or his audience stand-in mutt, both one-trick clay ponies in an overlong feature. Don't bother with it; try watching The Office instead.

Spartan - piss-poor wank job. A huge disappointment from David Mamet. The dialogue is lamely delivered, in its one-note and redundant anti-glory. "The girl, where is the girl? The girl is where?" (Oh shut the fuck up.) The plot unravels like the most dull, mechanical and incoherent of self-impressed waffling term papers. Every single performance is horrid and/or insignificant apart from perhaps Val Kilmer, who even then is only given a single bullying hardass dimension in terms of character to vainly beat his head against. Yikes.

Whatever happened to the once expert observer of the alpha male posture? Glengarry Glen Ross, anyone? Granted, a decent outing like Heist will rear its hand on occasion, but otherwise Mamet has gone inexcusably lazy nowadays in his quest to make movies for people who love hearing themselves talk, because Spartan is nothing more than an example of a film only a struggling screenwriter could possibly love.

Finally, I rewatched Ang Lee's HULK last night. Don't ask. Oh yeah, I still hate it, though I can hardly be bothered by its idiocy and laughable CGI anymore to even emphasize I hate it with a passion or recommend it for MST3K. It's as misbegotten, lumbering and yawn-inducing a piece of crap as ever, simplistic smashing or no (tho that War of the Worlds '05 garbage, FX and all, makes it look like *The Wild Bunch* by comparison). For all its sound and fury, like Black Hawk Down, it only succeeded in boring me to yawning tears.

And it's not a misbegotten, lumbering piece of crap, as I've widely read, because it tries to affix Deep Meaning in the first place to the whole Banner cross-section approach, but due to simply HOW it goes about vying for cinematic relevance that's terrible, thru all the guilty parties involved for this oblivious failure, and complete with long stretches of nothing but dead aesthetic weight.

Although the whimpering J-Co and Sam Elliott (only them) manage to scrape by with crumbs of dignity here and there, all of the acting is essentially TERRIBLE - just stiff, embarrassing and absent of any relatable inner life. If this and the equally godawful Troy are to be taken seriously as real tests of Eric Bana(l,?), screen presence, he needs to be promptly banished forever to DTV hell alongside Van Damme, ASAP. Who bought this stupid clown as a lab worker for a nanosecond? (The less said about Josh Lucas and Nick Nolte, the better.) The whatever-inducing writing is almost negligible since the performances are that terrible.

As for the ringmaster of the idiotic circus, by reducing and emaciating the proceedings to a dumb mishmash of tone, plot threads, decibel levels, visual vomit and amateurish comic-book 'inserts', Ang Lee disproves he has any idea how to keep his film or the audience's interest afloat with comic-book beyond unintentionally humiliating himself, or doing as much to trash his reputation as he possibly can. By the horrendous finale in the warehouse, it's the sheer equivalent of Lee grimacing, and calling "Well, *shrug* I sure fucked up 100% - hope ya enjoyed it!" while Stan Lee and Ferrigno make totally serious bows.

Godawful. There go all my expectations of Brokeback Mountain being any good, deflated.

Three misfires in a row - well, so much for what amounts to really sh*tty media worse than sh*tty videogames (I can't even control them to any degree!). Hate to sound so analytical, but there you go.

Back to WoW and Dresspheres it is.

Mikey_ Guest

just saw batman begins, and i have to say, its THE definitive batman movie.

Thanks

I just saw the Spice Girls movie. Bets movie ever. I didn't actually see it, though. I did see it when I was like, 7. I just have to remind everybody about it. Bad memories..