Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: London Blasts // Possible Terrorist Attack

Thanks

Default London Blasts // Possible Terrorist Attack

Wow just wow didn't expect anything like this to happen at all. There was multiple bombs/explosions on numerous buses and in the underground too.

Edit
    Story from ITV News

"Explosions on London Transport cause chaos
    10.33AM, Thu Jul 7 2005

There have been a series of explosions on the London Underground and up to three on buses in the city.

The entire tube network has been closed and union officials have said their sources have told them there was at least one explosive device on the underground.

An explosion was reported at 8.49am at Liverpool Street station and emergency services were immediately sent to the scene.

Explosions have also been reported at King's Cross and Aldgate and an eyewitness said she saw an explosion rip though a bus near Russell Square.

Belinda Seabrook said: "I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang. I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air."

London Underground said: "The network has been suspended until further notice and all stations are being evacuated.

"This follows major incidents at Liverpool Street and Edgware Road stations. Emergency services are on site and are working closely with London Underground."

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We are sending multiple resources to a number of central London locations."

A spokesman for the City of London Police said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Station. "
    Last edited by Springer; 7th-July-2005 at 09:50.

Thanks

Interesting. It's sad that things like this are becoming more and more commonplace in recent months, but what I'm more concerned with, is how the AMERICAN media is going to try to spin this.

In any case, may those who may have been nearby when this occured have a speedy recovery, be it mental or, worse, physical.

Thanks

Yeah there are about 90 casualties with some dead another bomb has said to have gone off.

Thanks

Makes you wonder WHY this has happened....

G8 Summit, Olympic Bid??? Who knows....

Hopefully things will become a bit more clearer when we get another statement at 12:15pm from 10 downing street....

Thanks

ITV News is saying that 20 people have died thats just confirmed RIP those poor souls

Thanks

Yes, my deepest sympathy for all who had to go through such a traumatic incident and also to all there families and friends

Thanks

Quick update the Army are now on the streets of London and Tony Blair will be making a statement at Midday. I saw a guy walk past on camera minus one foot poor dude.

Thanks
    EP Points

my parents were goin to cenntral london today
    and i cant get in touch with em

i swear if they are not ok

im joining the army and killing eveyrone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

We still dont know who is behind this and why are they doing it.. but first was Madrid and now London..
    I thought something like this could have happened some months ago with the past elections to force a change in Downing Street as happened here in Spain the last year. Luckily nothing happened then, and now this sigh...
    My sympathy for all the victims and my condolences to their families.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

I just heard about this on the radio, then went and read about it on Yahoo News.

Based on what I heard and read, it sounds like there are going to be alot of casualties, both injured and dead. Those poor people...when are terrorists going to realize that they accomplish nothing by doing terrible things like this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin
    I just heard about this on the radio, then went and read about it on Yahoo News.

Based on what I heard and read, it sounds like there are going to be alot of casualties, both injured and dead. Those poor people...when are terrorists going to realize that they accomplish nothing by doing terrible things like this?
    In light of the current situation, I refuse to spark a debate about terrorism, but I felt that I should let you know. Terrorists do shit like this because they DO win when they do it. The aim of terrorism is to change a views of a person or group of people through fear and coersion. Trust me, they win everytime.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dinosaurman, please don't worry, I'm sure your parents will be okay, mobile networks are sort of down at the moment so it's tough getting through to anyone. Transportation has come to a standstill.

My condolences to all those who have lost loved ones in this tragic incident. This really was unexpected. May all those who lost their lives rest in peace and may those injured have speedy recovery.

One thing however, I must commend the London emergency services, they really kicked into action right away. And the emergency operation looks fantastic on TV, I mean, the way they're pulling it off and those ambulances already rolling into hospitals and stuff. Very commendable job.

Six blasts in all till now. Got this from a BBC Public Service announcement by the Commissioner of Police. Indeed a very tragic incident.

Lots of confusion still around it. We'll wait and see when more comes into the picture.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    In light of the current situation, I refuse to spark a debate about terrorism, but I felt that I should let you know. Terrorists do shit like this because they DO win when they do it. The aim of terrorism is to change a views of a person or group of people through fear and coersion. Trust me, they win everytime.
    This topic was created to discuss it as a terrorist attack. However, since we have no info, I think I'll change the topic title to BBC's caption.

Thanks

My condolescences for those who will suffer from this, including those that will experience paranoia for a while. I've heard on another board that an "Arab news source" has reported that Al-Queda (or however you spell that) is claiming responsibility. Then again they'd take responsibility for a volcano erupting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ
    This topic was created to discuss it as a terrorist attack. However, since we have no info, I think I'll change the topic title to BBC's caption.
    Whatever you think is best I just went with what was said on the ITV news as I was tuning in for This Morning but instead got this shocking news.