Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks
    EP Points

LMAO Death Metal Cloudsong

http://clouddeath.ytmnsfw.com/

Thanks

Theo... wtf was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Zaphanos
    I wish I could play the guitar... BUTMYFINGERSTHEYARETOOSHORT!1! Maybe I should try drums.
    Anyone heard Covenant's "Nexus Polaris" album? It's quite awesome.

Oh yeah, what do you guys think of Moonblood?
    I'm listening to "Blut und Krieg" right now... Very atmospheric stuff.
    Don't worry about short fingers, look at that midget from Nile, Karl Sanders. I bet he can barely dial numbers on a public phone with those hands, yet he plays some of the most brutal technical stuff out there.

Moonblood... I know they kick ass, but I haven't listened to them much. I have that album, perhaps I should give it more listens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Don't worry about short fingers, look at that midget from Nile, Karl Sanders. I bet he can barely dial numbers on a public phone with those hands, yet he plays some of the most brutal technical stuff out there.
    Hey, you're right! I have this acoustic guitar (which is probably not tuned correctly and crap), and I've tried playing some stuff on it, but it's damned complicated...
    I can't move my fingers and do the switching fast enough. Need more practice, I suppose. Also, I can't think of any easy-to-play songs...

Moonblood... I know they kick ass, but I haven't listened to them much. I have that album, perhaps I should give it more listens.
    You definitely should. My favourite track at the moment is the title-track.

Man, I wish I could play vinyl records... I just got a Morbid Angel/Possessed bootleg on vinyl containing some demos and shit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Zaphanos
    Hey, you're right! I have this acoustic guitar (which is probably not tuned correctly and crap), and I've tried playing some stuff on it, but it's damned complicated...
    I can't move my fingers and do the switching fast enough. Need more practice, I suppose. Also, I can't think of any easy-to-play songs...

You definitely should. My favourite track at the moment is the title-track.

Man, I wish I could play vinyl records... I just got a Morbid Angel/Possessed bootleg on vinyl containing some demos and shit.
    Oh you lucky bastard! I saw that Morbid/Possessed demo LP on ebay sometime ago and it looked interesting. I don't have vinyl player either, I wish I did cuz I could buy a ton of old metal records for real cheap at a friend's dad's shop.

You can tune easily by ear, just search google for a site that has sound samples of standard tuning and tune every string. I started playing last summer(of '04) when I picked up my bro's acoustic to try to play some In Flames and it was a bitch at first, but I learned quickly. I am 100% self-taught. The first month or two you'll spend it building strength into your fingers and hands, but then playing anything even if it has lots of chord changes will become easier and easier.

Start of with acoustic intros and Metallica songs and Nirvana, like everyone does. Also some Black Sabbath, and when you feel comfortable enough try some Iron Maiden. One of the first songs I learned was "Withstand the Fall of Time" by Immortal, about like 3 months into my playing. Mid-paced Slayer songs are also suffieciently easy for a beginner, another one of the first ones I learned was "Mandatory Suicide".
    Last edited by Soeru; 23rd-November-2005 at 15:20.

Thanks

Play Megadeth - Tornado of Souls, quite easy to play

Edit: Anyone want to give me some Vader tabs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Really? I'm having loads of trouble playing it on my classical. Don't know how easier it is on an electric, but it can't be THAT easy?

Thanks

Hmm.... well I find it easy enough. Maybe the tab I got of it is different than yours

Thanks

Dunno. But the tab I have goes like this:

----------------------------|--------------------------|
    ----------------------------|--------------------------|
    ----------------------------|--------------------9-----|
    ----------------------------|--------7-----9p-7--------|
    --------------7h8-7------7--|--8h-9-----9--------------|
    ----7--9--10---------10-----|-----------------------7--|

Thanks

Ok that's the same as mine..... try on the electric then

Thanks

I got my friend to play Hallowed be thy name's main riff.

It was bad ass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky

Edit: Anyone want to give me some Vader tabs
    Head over to MetalTabs.com, lots of good tabs there for Vader songs. Are you enjoying the whammy on your guitar yet? Just drop your tuning to D and you'll be able to play any Death, Children of Bodom, Decrepit Birth, Necrophagist, Wintersun, Vader, and Decapitated song(except those on "The Negation", which are an additional 1/2 step down from D. That tuning is called C# and is used by Hate Eternal, Suffocation, Krisiun, and Behemoth on "Demigod"). Just to name a few.

Vader songs are pretty easy to figure out.

Playing on acoustics is for the most part slightly harder than electrics, because the string height on electrics can be adjusted real low and electrics are more sensetive to your playing, not to mention that strings on electrics needn't be real thick(unless your like me, and you play with bass-like strings ).

Tornado of Souls was a bitch to learn at first, cuz you have to learn how to hammer-on quickly and the main riff might require a little too much position changing for a beginner.

I might record that song along with others later today, but please excuse me if it sounds way too br00t3l, I have my guitar all the way down to B and Drop-A(I'm alternating these two tunings), which are used by Amon Amarth/Wormed and Nile, respectively.
    Last edited by Soeru; 23rd-November-2005 at 17:24.

Thanks

Head over to MetalTabs.com, lots of good tabs there for Vader songs. Are you enjoying the whammy on your guitar yet? Just drop your tuning to D and you'll be able to play any Death, Children of Bodom, Decrepit Birth, Necrophagist, Wintersun, Vader, and Decapitated song(except those on "The Negation", which are an additional 1/2 step down from D. That tuning is called C# and is used by Hate Eternal, Suffocation, Krisiun, and Behemoth on "Demigod"). Just to name a few.

Vader songs are pretty easy to figure out.

Playing on acoustics is for the most part slightly harder than electrics, because the string height on electrics can be adjusted real low and electrics are more sensetive to your playing, not to mention that strings on electrics needn't be real thick(unless your like me, and you play with bass-like strings ).

Tornado of Souls was a bitch to learn at first, cuz you have to learn how to hammer-on quickly and the main riff might require a little too much position changing for a beginner.

I might record that song along with others later today, but please excuse me if it sounds way too br00t3l, I have my guitar all the way down to B and Drop-A(I'm alternating these two tunings), which are used by Amon Amarth/Wormed and Nile, respectively.

I prefer Footpedals over a bar. Just easier for me.
    And I like to play things with alot of distortion, like Trigger for instance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    I prefer Footpedals over a bar. Just easier for me.
    And I like to play things with alot of distortion, like Trigger for instance.
    What do you mean by "over a bar"?

I don't use any footpedals, my current amplifier has extremely good sound quality and distortion modeling. No built in effects but I don't really need any. I might get a cheap ass multi FX pedal cuz I want to experiment with delay, chorus, and wah to play those Trey Azagthoth/Chuch Schuldiner/Quorthon style leads.

Thanks

Does anybody else have trouble with Metal Archives? I can't stand it that I can't get into it anymore! I've only been there twice in the past week

Thanks

Yep metal archives is down. The owner has gotta pay his bill and it'll be back up...
    Vae Victus!

Sacrifices have been made, thunder and lightning appear
    Rejoice in hideous blasphemy, know that the time is near
    The chosen hail their master well, lusting for hate and scorn
    Crying out in evil ecstacy, the antichrist is born

LOL OMG I'M ON MYSPACE I'M A SELLOUT