Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Eternal Gray is a brilliant band from Israel!!

Hmm... nevermind what I said about bands coming over to your place then Probably gonna go see Opeth on the 28th November in Glasgow if my friend can get the tickets.

Thanks

THE NEW FALKENBACH!!

It's Falkenbach alright. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it's essentially the same album released a couple years ago, in modern clothes, so to say. There are a few great moments on the album such as track 6 Laekmishendr, and track 4 The Roman Land though, so I'm being unfairly negative a bit here.
    As a whole album, it's extremely enjoyable, I'd blindly rank it high on a best of 2005 releases list if I were to write one, but if Vratyas isn't getting tired of the same formula, I am.

Thanks

Anyone like Grimfist?? Excellent stuff, they are listed as Death/Black/Thrash Metal in MA If you haven't listen to Ghouls of Grandeur it's mandatory! We need more talk of Anata, one of my fave bands from Sweden

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Anyone like Grimfist?? Excellent stuff, they are listed as Death/Black/Thrash Metal in MA If you haven't listen to Ghouls of Grandeur it's mandatory! We need more talk of Anata, one of my fave bands from Sweden
    Grimfist, I love them
    Anata, I loove them

btw, has anybody heard the album Chaostream by Lost Soul? EXCELLENT. One of the best 2005 metal albums imho.

Thanks

Negator's new album is out... called "Die Eisernen Verse". Getting it from Emule. I can't wait to hear this black metal band's second release. Their first was great, plain BM fans will love it.

I've been listening to more modern Morbid Angel recently than ever before. "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" is a complete mindfuck. The sounds on that album are so surreal, the music from that CD I think is the most spirtual shit Morbid have ever made, apart from "Gateways to Annhialation". I've also been listening to the songs on Heretic too, don't care much for the instrumentals though, but the real songs are brilliant. I think the reason why they got booted off Earache Records was because they took too many liberties and made a CD that was 60% instrumental/experimental, not a whole lot of solid music on it.

The "FFtF" CD is hallucinogenic... I'm buying the real thing just because I'd feel too guilty about putting such brilliant art on a crummy CD-R. The album has a lot of groovy twists and some melody, but it's also heavy as fuck at times, and lyric-wise... let's just sum it up with this:

The Ways of the Underworld are Perfect
    Not to be questioned by that of the brute
    Clearly beyond the understanding
    Of that which is ruled by the drives of the flesh
    For whom shall then oppose
    The Lights of Asag, Purifying Flames
    Come child, the Anunnaki wait
    Truth is the Weapon no pity it holds
    The ways of the flesh
    Barbaric behavior patterns
    Flesh over Spirit, the motivator of the worthless
    The ways of the flesh
    The evolution is minimal
    I watch as your kingdoms rise and fall
    Causing no effective change
    Your military
    Command structure of impotence
    A gross misuse of force
    By leaders who lack in vision
    Your gods
    Evidence of your weakness
    Your focus is one with delusion
    You worship that which means your end

That's only a very small part from "Heaving Earth"! The lyrics are long but have some really cool points in them. However half the time I don't know what the fuck it's about, especially when they whip out some weird ancient language and start doing chants or some other weird trancy shit. Still, it adds to the vibe and mystery of the CD. Oh yeah... did I mention that it's br00t3l?

I'm also really getting to appreciate Death's later work like "Symbolic" and "The Sound of Perserverance", at first I hated those two albums but they're growing on me. So much that I'm already learning the whole 3 guitar parts "Voice of the Soul". Really like most of the songs on "Symbolic" too.

Edit: See, even if I've downloaded 100Gb+ of music, I still have a heart for the musicians. After sampling something so much and getting to enjoy it I've decided to step forward and buy the real thing, as I did with Wormed's CD. Why spend $10+ on something you have no idea how it sounds or if you'll even like it? 1 or 2 song samples don't help much either, you need more than that to know if you like a CD. So yeah, downloading definately does not hurt the music industry, the only thing that hurts the industry is the people who download and don't buy CD's because they don't think that the music is good enough to pay for. But if you think further, that's actually the musician's and record label's fault: they produced shitty music that no one in their right mind would buy in the first place!

Other CD's I plan to buy in the future:

Nile - Annihalation of the Wicked.
    Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus
    Vader - Something... too many to choose from. Probably the next full-length.
    Arsis - Next full length and "CoG" eventually.
    Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten and Souls to Deny, and their upcoming DVD.
    Some Bathory stuff... maybe when they release that box set with all the CD's.
    Manowar - Their new DVD probably.
    Morbid Angel - Just about everything at some point.
    Nuclear Assault - Game Over
    Sodom - something.
    Rigor Mortis - self-titled.
    Immortal - something.

I would buy some Pearl Jam shit if my brother didn't already have all of the CD's, EP's, singles and DVD's they've released.
    Last edited by Soeru; 13th-November-2005 at 07:54.

Thanks

You can buy my copy of "A Celebration of Guilt". It's very scratched.

Hmm... Is it just me or is Deicide's first album their best? THRASH!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Zaphanos
    You can buy my copy of "A Celebration of Guilt". It's very scratched.

Hmm... Is it just me or is Deicide's first album their best? THRASH!
    I'll buy it for a buck if it's that bad.

Deicide's self-titled is the shit! But I kind of prefer Legion, more brutal IMO and the lyrics aren't as childish. Can't wait to hear their new material.

I just listened to 4 new Negator songs and holy crap... this is way better than "Old Black", their debut which was decent raw black metal. Really fast blasting drums! And the album has some good rythms, it's not the typical Norsk black metal blasturbation. Riffs are much better now too. They've improved a lot, highly reccommended, chcek them out. Oh yeah... no dirty-ass production, it's pretty clear especially for a black metal band, but it still has a grim vibe. Lots of melody and harmony on these songs.

Edit: Btw, Negator sounds a bit like Arsis.

Edit2: I'm really starting to like a bunch of bands and albums that I didn't care for before. Like Suffocation's "Souls to Deny". It really is a nice CD, and believe it or not it's pretty melodic at times. Check out the new Suffocation material. Sure, it's not "Effigy of the Forgotten", but hey I'm kind of happy that they've changed over the years. They still sound just as brutal as they did 13 years ago, if not more, "Immortally Condemned" from the new album is proof of that. I'm SO pissed that I couldn't stick around to see them after Cryptopsy on Monday.
    Last edited by Soeru; 13th-November-2005 at 19:57.

Thanks

I think I'm gonna go see Obituary on the 9th Jan.... haven't even heard by them yet. Yes I know it's a sin

Thanks

Who's heard Paganizer or Nocturnal Rites? Two bands I haven't heard mentioned so far in this thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    I think I'm gonna go see Obituary on the 9th Jan.... haven't even heard by them yet. Yes I know it's a sin
    They are really great live! Sure their music isn't as intense as other DM bands that came out after they did, but they play some really heavy sludgy Florida DM. It's like... Vader or Sepultura only really slow and sludgy. If you like Incantation you'll worship Obituary.

Thanks

Funniest music video EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    http://www.bombaj.com/media/photos/fm_Kq1NCB6pp355.mov

Thanks

Wouldn't you say that's slightly homoerotic? Didn't sound too bad... it's like black metal riffs played in a thrash fashion. Never heard of that band, I thought it was King Diamond or Mercyful Fate at first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    They are really great live! Sure their music isn't as intense as other DM bands that came out after they did, but they play some really heavy sludgy Florida DM. It's like... Vader or Sepultura only really slow and sludgy. If you like Incantation you'll worship Obituary.
    I heard one song by them and they don't have the typical death metal vocals... don't know if that's a good thing or not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Wouldn't you say that's slightly homoerotic? Didn't sound too bad... it's like black metal riffs played in a thrash fashion. Never heard of that band, I thought it was King Diamond or Mercyful Fate at first.
    I don't know what the band is either, but that video is fucking hilarious. The song actually isn't bad at all either. That's hilarious how the two guys follow the singer around that place and act fucked up and singing too

And personally I don't like Obituary much. Too slow for me.
    Last edited by Lag; 14th-November-2005 at 20:52.

Thanks

What's Animetal like? Anyone like them here?