Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Have any of you ever heard of Insomnium? Quite new, they play extremely fine and atmospheric melodic death, their 2 albums are beutiful. It's not plain sad melo death, the melodies are really nice and unusually cheerful, they're really good musicians. I think even non-metal fans could enjoy their music. They sound like the old Amorphis and Pandemonium, or like a more melodic version of Amon Amarth and Kalmah, hence why I just remembered about Insomnium.

Check out the song "Daughter of the Moon", it like... totally pulls you into some enchanted forest, but not in a grim black metal kind of way, the music has a magical kind of feel.

Seriously, this band has gotten me back into melo death, really brilliant stuff...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Have any of you ever heard of Insomnium? Quite new, they play extremely fine and atmospheric melodic death, their 2 albums are beutiful. It's not plain sad melo death, the melodies are really nice and unusually cheerful, they're really good musicians. I think even non-metal fans could enjoy their music. They sound like the old Amorphis and Pandemonium, or like a more melodic version of Amon Amarth and Kalmah, hence why I just remembered about Insomnium.

Check out the song "Daughter of the Moon", it like... totally pulls you into some enchanted forest, but not in a grim black metal kind of way, the music has a magical kind of feel.

Seriously, this band has gotten me back into melo death, really brilliant stuff...
    Im going to look into them . they sound great.
    the song Nymphetamine is like that to, Really melodic singing.

Thanks

They don't sound like CoF at all.

I just discovered an underground band called Unmerciful. Check out their 2005 demo at their site: http://www.unmerciful.us/ Extremely furious and brutal technical death metal, in the vein of Origin. Think Necrophagist, but it feels much more aggressive. Really cool stuff.
    Last edited by Soeru; 19th-July-2005 at 16:42.

Thanks

Insomnium kick major ass. Their music is depressing at times. One of the best melodic death metal bands from Finland

Thanks

They don't sound like CoF at all.

I just discovered an underground band called Unmerciful. Check out their 2005 demo at their site: http://www.unmerciful.us/ Extremely furious and brutal technical death metal, in the vein of Origin. Think Necrophagist, but it feels much more aggressive. Really cool stuff.
    I never said they did

I said That song gave me a simmiliar feeling.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have just looked at some of the demo stuff Insomnium have on their site, very nice, I like it quite a bit, well worth a listen to

Thanks

Anyone heard the new Opeth songs, they are some brilliant masterpieces. This shows that they can still write good music on Roadrunner

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Anyone heard the new Opeth songs, they are some brilliant masterpieces. This shows that they can still write good music on Roadrunner
    No, I'd love too, I fell in love when a friend showed them to me

Thanks

The Grand Conjuration is an awesome song. Don't know why so people say it's crap. Ghost of Perdition is definately one of Opeth's best songs now

What's everyone's fave black metal band? Here's some of mine

Code
    Vinterland
    Belenos
    Taake

Thanks

The Grand Conjuration is an awesome song. Don't know why so people say it's crap. Ghost of Perdition is definately one of Opeth's best songs now

Code
    Vinterland
    Belenos
    Taake
    Wow... don't know any of those BM bands. My favorite BM band is and always will be the almighty Immortal. Other favorites: Nazgul and Uruk-Hai(from Spain), Bathory(though the non-BM stuff was better IMO), Naglfar, Dissection, Darkthrone, Negator, Emperor, and some of the old Behemoth was good BM but not something I listen to often. Some Burzum is enjoyable too.

Thanks

Nazgul from where?? Well you know me I like the lesser know bands

Thanks

Code
    Vinterland
    Belenos
    Taake
    Hmm. I only know of Taake on your list, and they're damn good. Excellent choice there sir. As for me, my favourites are: Temnozor, Sunchariot, Alkonost, Burzum, Summoning, Odhinn, Astriaal, Skyforger, Kampfar and Isengard.

Thanks

black metal? i like Impaled Nazarene, Bathory, Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor and Frostkrieg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    Hmm. I only know of Taake on your list, and they're damn good. Excellent choice there sir. As for me, my favourites are: Temnozor, Sunchariot, Alkonost, Burzum, Summoning, Odhinn, Astriaal, Skyforger, Kampfar and Isengard.
    Sunchariot are damn good too as well. Everyone should check out Vinterland, they only released 1 album before they split which sucks

Thanks

Nazgul from where?? Well you know me I like the lesser know bands
    Heh. Nazgul are also from Spain, they're a side-project from the members of Uruk-Hai. Nazgul is a bit less "grim-like" than Uruk-Hai. The other band is more like "war BM", think "Battles in the North" or basically just any really aggressive black metal. Nazgul is more epic-like. That's the best way I can describe it.

Immortal still 0wnz... You guys should check out Negator, a new BM band from Germany. They're really good and they didn't record their LP on a rusty-ass 8-track! But they're not commercial at all, and there's no synthesizers in sight, so this is a pure slab of old-style BM. They're putting a new record out this year, can't wait.

Windir are a personal favorite viking/folk/BM band of mine. Discovered them because Finntroll did a cover of one of their songs... good stuff with nice melodies, though sometimes the electronic synths sound out of place. I also love Wintersun, Ensiferum, Vintersorg and Forefather(it's like... viking metal with power metal-style speed).
    Last edited by Soeru; 22nd-July-2005 at 16:10.