Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    "Heartwork"! I knew I was forgetting something when reccomending bands like Arsis. That album is very close to Arsis' sound. It's a must.

Will check out Melechesh. Is it incredibly brutal like Nile?
    I'd say aggressive would be more accurate than brutal as a description to their style. And unlike Nile, their approach carries more of a black sound to it, rather than death.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Check out Solitary - Trail of Omission. They are what you call good melo-death, they even covered In Flames - Artifacts of the Black Rain
    Whoa, I'm checking this out just for the cover.

Anyone ever listen to Alas? It's an experimental side project founded by Erik Rutan(Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel). It's interesting... the female singing is completely unfitting, but the rest is pretty cool. Erik's leads, solos, and intricately layered riffing are what makes this album interesting, so get it only if you want to hear some more of his guitarwork. It sounds very messy and sloppy except for the guitars, if there was only a way to isolate the guitars from everything else it would be cool.

Sounds extremely atmospheric, reminiscent of Lykathea Aflame(a technical melodic grind/death band) at times.

Not a real good idea on Erik's part. I think the only reason this band got a record deal was because Erik is really respected within the metal scene, so I don't think this band's label actually listened to this stuff, otherwise they wouldn't have published this mindtrip-induced riffage. For 90% of this you'll be thinking "What the fuck..." but the guitars riffs are somewhat cool. I hope Erik does more stuff with Alas, just something better than their debut album.
    Last edited by Soeru; 31st-October-2005 at 07:01.

Thanks

I've heard people say that Stratovarius's new album isn't good. I've heard it twice, and it's awesome! How is it not good? The first track, Maniac Dance, isn't that good, though. That's what probably lets people down, since the first track is usually one of the best from the album. But not here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    I've heard people say that Stratovarius's new album isn't good. I've heard it twice, and it's awesome! How is it not good? The first track, Maniac Dance, isn't that good, though. That's what probably lets people down, since the first track is usually one of the best from the album. But not here.
    Try comparing their new album with some of their older efforts, like Episode or Visions for example (hell, even their Episode-albums), and you'll see why it's not really good at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    Try comparing their new album with some of their older efforts, like Episode or Visions for example (hell, even their Episode-albums), and you'll see why it's not really good at all.
    I'm on it!
    I love At Vance too.

Thanks

Speaks for itself. I just came across this today, I immedeately emailed them showing my support and asking to be put on their list of supporters. I think all of you guys are intelligent metalheads and should do the same thing. It's a worthy cause, I'm tired of the people that use metal to convey fascism and racism, it really is becoming a problem nowadays. You can submit your site to be put up as an affiliate, but you can still join their list of supporters even if you don't have a site. Put it in your sig on all the forums you visit, spread the word to fellow metalheads, email the link to your favorite bands, and keep it real.
    Last edited by Soeru; 31st-October-2005 at 17:47.

Thanks

Here Soeru, I'm sending you that Solitary - Artifacts of the Black Rain (In Flames cover) on gmail, since Solitary are kinda hard to find

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru

Speaks for itself. I just came across this today, I immedeately emailed them showing my support and asking to be put on their list of supporters. I think all of you guys are intelligent metalheads and should do the same thing. It's a worthy cause, I'm tired of the people that use metal to convey fascism and racism, it really is becoming a problem nowadays. You can submit your site to be put up as an affiliate, but you can still join their list of supporters even if you don't have a site. Put it in your sig on all the forums you visit, spread the word to fellow metalheads, email the link to your favorite bands, and keep it real.
    http://www.metalheadsagainstracism.org

Somethings not right with the code. You had me confused at first since the link itself wasn't showing. Anyway, I'm checking to see what it's all about.

Thanks

Click the banner, silly.

Thanks

Behemoth's Slaves Shall Serve EP. Out! (at K-T)

Edit: Meh, this is quite average Behemoth. Not that it's bad though! But let's see, an already heard track (SSS from Demigod), two live tracks, Demigod and SSS (which are basically the same as hearing the studio-recorded versions), and the only real new songs you get are three tracks. A brand new Behemoth song, and two covers. So it's basically eleven minutes of new stuff from them. As short as it is, it's still awesome. It met my expectations, but didn't exceed them, unfortunately.

Edit: Anyone know where to find lyrics to DT's Octavarium? darklyrics.com hasn't been updated in AGES! Wtf is up with them?

Edit:Never mind! Metal Archives is the shit!
    Last edited by Lag; 1st-November-2005 at 11:03.

Thanks

Macabre's Murder Metal is brilliant! It's like good fun stuff to listen too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Behemoth's Slaves Shall Serve EP. Out! (at K-T)

Edit: Meh, this is quite average Behemoth. Not that it's bad though! But let's see, an already heard track (SSS from Demigod), two live tracks, Demigod and SSS (which are basically the same as hearing the studio-recorded versions), and the only real new songs you get are three tracks. A brand new Behemoth song, and two covers. So it's basically eleven minutes of new stuff from them. As short as it is, it's still awesome. It met my expectations, but didn't exceed them, unfortunately.
    Heh, finally. Behemoth are notorious for taking their sweet ass time to release full length CD's. Fans usually get impatient between the releases of albums so usually they release an EP just to get everyone to shut up. Their "Conjuration" EP was released exactly like this, and so is the one between Thelema.6 and Satanica(I think it's the Antichristian Phenomenon EP).

Can't wait to listen to it.

Tried to give you some rep, FS; but I gotta spread some more.

Have you guys checked out the Metalheads Against Racism site? I really think it deserves more attention. The majority of metalheads are intelligent folks and we don't need a bunch of racist bigots giving the genre a bad name. I never knew that racism was such a problem in metal until I posted about this at MetalTabs.com. If you want to read some of the most outrageously ignorant and racists comments ever, read this thread I started over there: http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthrea...t=25315&page=1

Here's a comment from some dumbass:

Originally Posted by DEAD
    What about the studies that show the an IQ gap and an SAT score gap between races?

Yes yes I know the tests are bias, wah wah wah. Make all the excuses you want the data is there.

I'm a big Arghoslent fan and I find thier lyrics to be quite intelligent. Instead of typical "Smah this nigger's face in!" they are all historicaly based. They are really just telling the story of our history. Yes, the band themselves are racist, but to say they convey that through their lyrics is streching it. They tell of historical facts that were based on race.

The majority of balcks I meet are all obnoxious, loud, and can't speak english properly. For example I work in Sears selling elctronics, when they buy something, they are always trying to get me to knock of 10% and when I don't they get mad and start mumbling gibberish which I can't understand.

Blah, whatever, this is pointles to argue.

--------------------------

Originally posted by DEAD

Yes, the human race did originate around there(Africa), but we spread out and adapted to our surrounding. Some of thoes surroundng produced more productive cultures. And is it simply chance that the majority of thoes cultures were either white or asian?

I think you are assuming that just because they are racist they can't have an expanded vocabulary and a knowlege of history. But oh wait, tahts right anyone who is racist has something flawed in thier genetic structure. Hmmm care to back that up?

I'm not a redneck, nor paranoid. It's prtty funny that someone who preches off thier mighty throne of tolerance and anti-sterotypes is sterotyping someone because they believe there are differences in races. If you would really like to hear my actual belief on race, I'll tell you but not if I get boring responses like being called a paranoid redneck.

Oh I never said I was better or the white race is better. You are arguing points I never made. All I'm saying is we are different. And in this day in age, that difference gives us an advantage.

Think about it, teh average black guy is a better athlete than the average white guy. But teh average white guy has a high IQ than the average black guy. This day in age it is ore important to be smart than physicaly inclined. This was not true some years ago.

Bottom line we are all equally unequal.

However I gave some really classy responses on the 4th and 5th pages of that thread.

It's really surprising, right? A form of music that usually attracts intelligent, open minded folks to have such ignorant supremists that attempt to justify racism... We definately don't need any of that, wouldn't you say?

Thanks

Soeru, is this you in these pictures? I'd be disappointed if you did get your hair cut then
    http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=27674

Thanks

But bah, you're world perception is that of a fucking retarted ignorant inbreeding redneck that has never left his town. You probably can't tell the difference between a Mexican and a Chinese dude. Fuck you and your ignorant brick-skulled brains. Step into the fucking 21st century, or enjoy your backwards evolution, while you inbreed yourselves into down-syndrome, as if your IQ's could possibly get lower, cunts.
    That was fucking class, Soeru. You're trying to knock some sense into rocks over there, it seems.

I sent an e-mail to be added to that list, btw.

Thanks

My hair is fvcking METAL!