Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maliathone
    I have not once seen anybody mention Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, or Children of Bodom, 3 of the best heavy metal bands, Cradle of Filth being the best of the 3, and my favorite heavy metal band.
    With the exception of COB ,those bands are horrible and FALSE metal. Those are just fake gimmick keyboard metal bands, and are embarrising to the genre.

Thanks

How is Cradle of Filth an embarassment? They are known as Black Metal, and dont have keyboard in their music, however COB does...

Thanks

How is Cradle of Filth an embarassment? They are known as Black Metal, and dont have keyboard in their music, however COB does...
    Cradle of Filth (along with Dimmu Borgir) were the first black metal bands to make it to the mainstream, which contradicts everything black metal originally was.

Thanks

Wow, I used to like metal, but this music all sucks. What ever happened to like, Winger, and Motley Crue? Some of those badass bands who everyone realised later, were totally gay, like Judas Priest, or Sammy Hagar? They still rocked..
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks

actually, the do. copied this right out of the metal archives CoF page

Keyboards:
    Benjamin Ryan (The Blood Divine) (1991-1994)
    Damien Gregori (1994-1997)
    Les "Lecter" Smith (Anathema (UK)) (1997-1999)
    William A. Sarginson [Was] [1999-2000]
    Martin ''Foul'' Powell - Keyboards (ex-My Dying Bride, ex-Anathema (UK), ex-Cryptal Darkness) (2000-2005)
    my opinion on CoF is that, they WERE good. but they kinda lost their touch recently. Not that they really really suck now or anything, they just aren't as good.

Thanks

They are pupper show performers. Lyrics? They absolutely suck. All they want to do is shock you, and there's absolutely NO MEANING to their lyrics. Just shock crap. Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Shit are both rip off's of Emperor, the true black metal band that started it all. All of CoF and Dimmu's songs are just rehashed Emperor riffs. Have you seen the way they dress? It's all a gimmick to fool you.

THIS IS METAL:

THIS IS NOT METAL:

End of story.
    Last edited by TobyNY; 15th-July-2005 at 09:08.

Thanks

Lamb of Cod

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TobyNY
    They are pupper show performers. Lyrics? They absolutely suck. All they want to do is shock you, and there's absolutely NO MEANING to their lyrics. Just shock crap. Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Shit are both rip off's of Emperor, the true black metal band that started it all. All of CoF and Dimmu's songs are just rehashed Emperor riffs. Have you seen the way they dress? It's all a gimmick to fool you.

THIS IS METAL:

THIS IS NOT METAL:

End of story.
    \m/ + rep.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TobyNY again.
    Fuck!

Megalith made a very strong point too. The band's overall obsession with image also makes them less "metal"... Well, we're not here to bash other bands, so rather than continuing this argument lets just set CoF aside.
    Last edited by Soeru; 15th-July-2005 at 16:48.

Thanks

Anyone heard of the Finnish band Demilich? They play a technical variant of death/thrash metal similar in vocal style to bands like Wormed. Some really good shit can be found here. You can get their entire discography legally for free at their official website.

http://www.anentity.com/demilich/download.php

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    Anyone heard of the Finnish band Demilich? They play a technical variant of death/thrash metal similar in vocal style to bands like Wormed. Some really good shit can be found here. You can get their entire discography legally for free at their official website.

Yip Demilich are definately underrated. The vocals aren't that similar to Wormed, they are far more unique

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith

demilich are awesome! hell, most every metal band from finland are awesome!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Needled24/7
    most every metal band from finland are awesome!
    Hell yeah. The Wake, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Ensiferum, Wintersun etc but some of them do sound pretty similar (not saying that as a bad thing )

Thanks

Will check out Demilich... Another good DM band from Finland is Sotajumala, most likely reccomended to me by FrozenSky. They have a slight Hate Eternal-feel, but they also sound a bit like Polish/Euro death metal at times(Decapitated, Dies Irae, Vader). Speaking of which, Dies Irae is a KICK-ASS band featuring most of the members from Vader and their ex-drummer. Their vocalist/bassist is the same guy from Vader and he used to play for Behemoth up until recently. Very very similar to Vader except for what they did on the last album(which was a bit slower), by this I mean they are fucking fast! Great band, fans of Vader and modern DM in general will love them.

Anyone like Insision? They're Swedish... Since it's brutal DM, I'll probably check them out since I'm a huge fan of Wormed, Decrepit Birth, Necrophagist, etc., I love over-the-top-brutal DM.

I'm off to download some Disgorge and other related bands from the "Western brutal DM scene". Btw, Decrepit Birth have a new album coming up.

Thanks

Have you noticed that the Swedish brutal death metal bands aren't as brutal as the US ones?

Here's some brutal death for you Soeru
    Fleshgore
    Hour of Penance
    Scent of Flesh
    Mummification
    Vomit Remnants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Have you noticed that the Swedish brutal death metal bands aren't as brutal as the US ones?

Here's some brutal death for you Soeru
    Fleshgore
    Hour of Penance
    Scent of Flesh
    Mummification
    Vomit Remnants
    Only heard of Vomnit Remnants. Thanks for that list. Yeah, US death metal in general always seems to be over-the-top, DM in Europe is a bit catchier(I'm not talking about melo death btw). Of course there are exceptions, look at Bloodbath or Decapitated for example, brutal stuff. But Vader are pretty catchy when compared to bands like Deeds of Flesh and Severed Savior, to name a few. Catchyness is a good thing though, it can't all be 250 riffs for every song.

Speaking of which, Severed Savior really kick ass. It's like... Deicide on crack. I need to listen to more DoF but I know they're pretty bad-ass too.

There's this band from Poland with Behemoth's drummer that play US-style brutal DM. They're called Azarath, pretty cool stuff, need to listen to more of it.