Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Cushing
    I do like some mad stuff, I have a few other things like Arsis (As recommended by Soeru) some necrophagist, so yeah I would like the names of a few "extreme" bands just in case I should spot them, I mainly do like melodic stuff though.
    Intestine Baalism
    Scent of Flesh
    Impaled
    Exhumed
    Frightmare
    Descend Into Nothingness
    Hour of Penance
    Fleshgore

Just some random bands out of my head that I'll like to recommend. They might be a bit hard to find. Descend Into Nothingness is highly recommended as they are technical and melodic at the same time

Thanks

A band I have been listening to lately is ExternalBliss
    They are very original and IMO are one of the best metal bands
    Have you hugged a pirate today?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Intestine Baalism
    Scent of Flesh
    Impaled
    Exhumed
    Frightmare
    Descend Into Nothingness
    Hour of Penance
    Fleshgore

Just some random bands out of my head that I'll like to recommend. They might be a bit hard to find. Descend Into Nothingness is highly recommended as they are technical and melodic at the same time
    Cool thanks for the names.

Thanks

The following bands all all must haves for any Death Metal/Grind metal head, and if you don't have them, your missing out.

Dying Fetus
    Carcass
    Cattle Decapitation
    Napalm Death
    Obituary
    Lamb of God
    SLAYER
    Suffocation
    Sepultura
    In Flames
    Killswitch Engage

Thanks

Carcass is must have for everyone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TobyNY
    The following bands all all must haves for any Death Metal/Grind metal head, and if you don't have them, your missing out.

Dying Fetus
    Carcass
    Cattle Decapitation
    Napalm Death
    Obituary
    Lamb of God
    SLAYER
    Suffocation
    Sepultura
    In Flames

I frequently listen to and LOVE every single one of these bands. +Rep. Damn, it's been a while since I've listened to Dying Fetus...

Btw. I saw Cattle Decapitation along w/ Behemoth and Suffocation, was the first time I listened to Cattle Decap. Their live performance is waaayy much better than their albums. They just make it sound much more intense live. "Humanure" is a kickass grind-your-ass-off album

... but for the m8s who really like to grind, check out some old Exhumed and of course: Cryp-fucking-topsy. "None So Vile" and "Whisper Supremacy" are must-haves in every extreme music listener's CD collection. My neck has never suffered from so much headbanging...

Exhumed's "Gore Metal" is my favorite grind album along with None So Vile, and perhaps Terrorizer's album in 3rd place. There's no specific Napalm Death album I'm a fan of, but their best hits album has lots of great tracks and is an excellent introduction to ND.
    Last edited by Soeru; 8th-July-2005 at 05:54.

Thanks

LOL Thanks for the rep, I've been meaning to check out Cryptopsy for the past 5 months but I just keep forgetting too. A great kind of new grind band is The Red Chord. I highly suggest checking them out. They mix in alittle hardcore with grind and it some of the best musicianship I've ever heard.

Thanks

If anyone wants to know a good death/grind band try out Eradykate. They're maybe a bit hard to find but they are worth it. Excellent riffs and yes the bass is audible The vocalist has got an amazing range

Thanks
    EP Points

does anyone play guitar here?

Thanks

I do! Albeit I can only do the simple riffage and melodies so far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kirk hamett
    does anyone play guitar here?
    I do, bizzatch! Bought my first electric last week, but I've been playing on an acoustic for a year. I'm planning on starting a thread with videos/soundclips/pics and stuff. I play a lot of different stuff, I really like to sit down and figure out simple leads to songs even though I could just look for a tab. I love playing riffs too. I play stuff like Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Sepultura, Vader, Manowar, In Flames, Kreator, Metallica and Megadeth(of course), and a bit of Slayer. But lately I've been working on some Morbid Angel songs, especially stuff from their first 3 albums. I'm doing all this in standard tuning because I can't downtune much with my current strings, they get all flimsy. Gonna go buy some thick ass .12 or maybe .10 guage strings, .09 is nice but too easy to play(I'm used to thick acoustic strings, don't want to get lazy now).

Right now I think I'm going to go work on sweeping and arpeggios, at least get the feel of them for now, it's about time I started soloing a little more seriously.

For fans of the early Carcass(goregrind era), check out Haemmorage, the first goregrind band from Spain. Haemmorage was formed by an ex-guitarist from oldschool Spanish DM'ers Avulsed, so you kind of know what to expect.

Btw: Everyone that likes Intestine Baalism or any melo death but are looking for something heavier that still has melody, check out Dismember if you haven't yet. They've been around for quite some time and they seriously kick ass.

Thanks

I have not once seen anybody mention Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, or Children of Bodom, 3 of the best heavy metal bands, Cradle of Filth being the best of the 3, and my favorite heavy metal band.

Thanks

Cradle of Filth aren't exavtly heavy metal

People check out some Stargazer (Austrailia) the same country as Psycroptic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maliathone
    I have not once seen anybody mention Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, or Children of Bodom, 3 of the best heavy metal bands, Cradle of Filth being the best of the 3, and my favorite heavy metal band.
    Dimmu Borgir's first album "F�r All Tid" was the best they ever did, after that unfortunately they began to suck... I still listen to the first album though, it's one solid slab of black metal.

Bodom kick ass, very fun music. You should check out Norther and probably Kalmah if you haven't already, very very similar to CoB. Laiho can rip the shit out of any modern guitarist out there. I don't listen to CoB or Norther all that much anymore though.

Manowar, anybody?

Thanks

any norther/impaled nazarene fans here? im really starting to like these 2 groups.