Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

What about Carnage, Unanimated from Sweden??

Thanks

Good stuff...
    Oh yeah, more recommendations. Vemoth and Silent Winter.
    Vemoth is a great new Swedish BM band. They've only released a demo so far, but it is worth getting. Silent Winter is a solo project by a guy called Kevin Lawry.
    He plays (epic) doom metal. He's also a very nice guy; I got a free copy of his latest album just for submitting the band to M-A. That's just some useless information for ya, right there.
    Last edited by Sir Zaphanos; 7th-July-2005 at 04:11.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gheist
    I dig oldschool DM. Early Death, Atheist, Malevolent Creation, Monstrosity
    I fucking love Atheist, Death, and Malevolent! Got to listen to more Monstrosity though, but I was focusing on even older DM. I thought I mentioned Morbid Angel...

It's a shame oldschool DM seems to be getting less attention by metalheads nowadays...
    Yeah... and it's funny how some young "elitists" bitch about bands not being original when all the DM they know is modern stuff. M-A: lots of cunts.

Anyone like Terrorizer? Extremely nice late 80's grind/death. Fans of Napalm Death will love Terrorizer. Vader have a great cover of "Fear of Napalm"Features Morbid Angel's drummer Pete Sandoval... and David Vincent(Morbid's frontman) as a bass session member. They split up a long time ago but they got back together recently and are writing new material. So many old bands getting back together again like Rigor Mortis, and Morbid Angel now have their old lineup. Could a rebirth of DM be around the corner? This would kick ass... I kind of like the whole atmosphere of old DM more than newer stuff, even though newer DM is much more technical and heavier music. Old DM is just so... mysterious and underground-like.

I've acquired these old bootleg videos of Morbid Angel concerts in 1990... damn they are grim and kvlt. Oh yeah, how's that Immortal show I emailed you about, Howie?

Also heard Pete Sandoval is working on an instructional video... sounds interesting. Speaking of which, Cryptopsy's drummer "Flo" is putting out an instructional DVD soon, that might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    I like Death. Carcass is kinda grindy death so don't know if they count.
    Yeah Carcass -or any grind band like Napalm Death for that matter- count. Napalm Death's new album is pretty damned brutal! It's amazing that after so many years ND can still sound more aggressive than ever.
    Last edited by Soeru; 7th-July-2005 at 04:32.

Thanks

So what does everyone think of Helloween's Mrs. God? Personally, I'm not too fond of it for the fact that Helloween have done *much* better in their past, even with out Hansen. Granted, it has a few good moments (that "BAAA!" moment for one) and hints at the potential of the new album, but in the end, it's generic Helloween. So yeah, I'm a tad relieved after hearing it, since it's good 'ole Helloween. The new album will be worthy of the Keeper name, I hope.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Anyone like Terrorizer? Extremely nice late 80's grind/death. Fans of Napalm Death will love Terrorizer. Vader have a great cover of "Fear of Napalm"Features Morbid Angel's drummer Pete Sandoval... and David Vincent(Morbid's frontman) as a bass session member. They split up a long time ago but they got back together recently and are writing new material. So many old bands getting back together again like Rigor Mortis, and Morbid Angel now have their old lineup. Could a rebirth of DM be around the corner? This would kick ass... I kind of like the whole atmosphere of old DM more than newer stuff, even though newer DM is much more technical and heavier music. Old DM is just so... mysterious and underground-like.
    Have their album but haven't been listening to it much. It's a pity

Thanks
    EP Points

metallica and alice in chains rules

fade to black is a great song

i play it with my band

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    So what does everyone think of Helloween's Mrs. God?
    I think it was pretty good, but of course, it's a single so we shouldn't have too high expectations. I never really liked Judas Priest's first single for "Angel Of Retribution", but I ended up loving the album anyway.

metallica and alice in chains rules
    fade to black is a great song
    Yeah, Metallica is great, but only up to "Metallica" in my opinion. The rest after that sucked. Alice In Chains is pretty damned good too, I agree.

Fade To Black is one of my favorite Metallica-songs, if not my favorite.

Thanks

Okay, I'm unable to buy all of these, so I'm going to ask all of you: which should I start with? My favorite metal bands right now are System of a Down and Metallica, and I kind of like some Godsmack songs, so where do I start? You especially, Howie, you're the expert =D

I'm perfectly aware that I make people sick.

Thanks

Try some melodic death metal bands like Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, etc, those bands are the easiest bands to access

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm I am going to buy an Album tomorrow, any suggestions, I have �10-20 budget.

Thanks

Carcass - Heartwork
    Death - Human

Edit: Actually it would be better if you sorta tell us what music you like

Thanks
    EP Points

Carcass - Heartwork
    Death - Human

Edit: Actually it would be better if you sorta tell us what music you like
    Yeah, hmm, I have a varied taste in music though I veer more towards Metal to goth to video game music, I have a lot of Opeth, Sonata Artica, and VNV Nation on my computer and have nothing else so I think its about time I updated it

Thanks

hmmm try some

Blind Guardian
    Disillusion
    Death
    Ram-Zet
    Novembre

Don't want to recommend anything too extreme yet

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm try some

Blind Guardian
    Disillusion
    Death
    Ram-Zet
    Novembre

Don't want to recommend anything too extreme yet
    I do like some mad stuff, I have a few other things like Arsis (As recommended by Soeru) some necrophagist, so yeah I would like the names of a few "extreme" bands just in case I should spot them, I mainly do like melodic stuff though.

Thanks

Try some melodic death metal bands like Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, etc, those bands are the easiest bands to access
    Thanks a lot, now I'll go blow my recently aquired money on gas and music =P

I'm perfectly aware that I make people sick.