Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Dude, seriously, no offense but do you have attention defecit disorder or something? What makes it so hard to stay on topic?

... and to answer your question, no, Zyklon are still together and I think they're writing new material. Haven't gotten into them a lot yet, but being the huge Morbid Angel/Krisiun/Behemoth fan that I am, I'm pretty sure I'll get to love them once I listen to more of their stuff. All I've heard is their cover of "Dominate" and some music video. "Wolrd ov Worms" must reek of Behemoth-style goodness, I'll be listening to it sometime soon.
    ADD? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... maybe?

World Ov Worms; I didn't enjoy that nearly as much as Aeon. Aeon is so awesome. One of my favourite metal albums ever. Listen to it soon.

PS Soeru, there's a guy in Kerrazy Torrents who has the same avatar as you, named Annatar... I will kill him. Unless that is you, of course.
    Last edited by Lag; 6th-September-2005 at 10:40.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Needled24/7
    i wish I could see Napalm Death..

well, apparently Ayreon dont tour. So there arent many bands i want to see in the near future. only CoB and Amon Amarth. And Blind guardian whenever they release their new album. Maybe Sinergy if they tour the US. but thats it, and most of those would be 2006, earliest!
    There aren't any bands you'd just kill to see live? Damn, I'd love to see a ton of bands live, some of which I've already seen:

-Behemoth(again, but I want a longer show )
    -Morbid Angel(would KILL for this)
    -Suffocation(again).
    -Deicide(back in their old days, but maybe nowadays they're still good now that they have CC's guitarist and some other dude from Vital Remains).
    -Megadeth(would also kill for this)
    -Terrorizer(now that they're back together)
    -Kreator(again).
    -Sodom.
    -Finntroll.
    -Amon Amarth.
    -In Flames
    -Insomnium.
    -Iron Maiden.
    -Helloween.
    -Blind Guardian.
    -Manowar(would trade my left nut for this one).
    -Bathory(if Quorthon was still alive...)
    -Sepultura(in their old days)
    -Decrepit Birth
    -Severed Savior
    -Avulsed
    -Wormed(would love this)
    -Cattle Decapitation(again. Even though I don't really enjoy their albums, their live performance is not for the weak-boweled. Put on a hell of a show.)
    - and um... a bunch of other brutal DM bands like Necrophagist.

... on that note, what bands do you really really want to see live? Be it bands you've already seen or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    The instrumentals were alright, but comparing Dani to Bruce? Blasphemy!
    Have you ever noticed how corny bruce sings this part? "the sands of time for me are running low"? He takes a breathe and keeps going lol. Not to mention the original sounds like a power ballad compared to the new .

Thanks

Eh? Bruce doesn't pause when singing that part. Perhaps I'm not picking it up, but he sings it perfectly in one breath, fades, then repeats the same segment gradually going higher in pitch.

Hmm.. Bands I would like to see live?
    Gamma Ray
    Anacrusis
    Heathen
    Artillery
    Iron Maiden
    Grave Digger
    Blind Guardian
    Ensiferum
    Dream Theater
    Amon Amarth
    Solefald
    .. Add to that much of the late 80s thrash bands like Forbidden, Anthrax, Annihilator, Dark Angel, Vio-lence.

Thanks

Eh? Bruce doesn't pause when singing that part. Perhaps I'm not picking it up, but he sings it perfectly in one breath, fades, then repeats the same segment gradually going higher in pitch.

Gamma Ray
    Anacrusis
    Heathen
    Artillery
    Iron Maiden
    Grave Digger
    Blind Guardian
    Ensiferum
    Dream Theater
    Amon Amarth
    Solefald
    .. Add to that much of the late 80s thrash bands like Forbidden, Anthrax, Annihilator, Dark Angel, Vio-lence.
    Too me it sounds to slow. I like speed in my metal. The drums in the CoF Version are much much much better. same with the riffing. And I like the feel they gave to the song. Fits the lyrics well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Vivi
    Too me it sounds to slow. I like speed in my metal. The drums in the CoF Version are much much much better. same with the riffing. And I like the feel they gave to the song. Fits the lyrics well.
    Of course the riffing is going to be better. That song's from 1982, and the CoF version is from, I'm not sure, but before 2002. And Iron Maiden made the song, so another point for them, and one point down to CoF.

Edit:
    The new Old Man's Child is pretty good. Check it out, bitchezz.
    Last edited by Lag; 6th-September-2005 at 16:21.

Thanks

Hmmm... I'm more into progressive, power, and heavy metal myself; although I do make exceptions from time to time.

Kamelot is most likely my favorite metal band and if you have yet to hear any of their stuff, I suggest listening to their song, "March of Mephisto", which features Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir.

Closely following them though is the folk metal band, Cruachan. I just got into them heavily in the past month, but their stuff is absolutely mindblowing in my opinion, especially the song "Ride On".

I also like Winds, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Rhapsody, Lost Horizon, Iron Maiden, Angra, Demons & Wizards, Liquid Tension Experiment, Orphaned Land, Candlemass, Black Sabbath, Epica, Evereve, Tiamat, Symphorce, Nightingale, Nocturnal Rites, and so forth and so on.

I just rarely ever can stand death or black metal vocals. A few can pull them off really well to the point where I still like them though, such as Orphaned Land and some of Cruachan's stuff. But yeah...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acryptid
    Hmmm... I'm more into progressive, power, and heavy metal myself; although I do make exceptions from time to time.

Kamelot is most likely my favorite metal band and if you have yet to hear any of their stuff, I suggest listening to their song, "March of Mephisto", which features Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir.

Closely following them though is the folk metal band, Cruachan. I just got into them heavily in the past month, but their stuff is absolutely mindblowing in my opinion, especially the song "Ride On".

I also like Winds, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Rhapsody, Lost Horizon, Iron Maiden, Angra, Demons & Wizards, Liquid Tension Experiment, Orphaned Land, Candlemass, Black Sabbath, Epica, Evereve, Tiamat, Symphorce, Nightingale, Nocturnal Rites, and so forth and so on.

I just rarely ever can stand death or black metal vocals. A few can pull them off really well to the point where I still like them though, such as Orphaned Land and some of Cruachan's stuff. But yeah...
    You're new here too... sweet.
    I don't like Black Sabbath... boring... but they're old, so I guess other people like them for that.
    Thanks for that list though. I'll check out Lost Horizon, Epica, Ophaned Land, LTE, and Angra.

I read on Kerrazy Torrents that The Berzerker is releasing an album in late '05/really early '06. Sweeeeet.

Thanks

Well, yeah Black Sabbath is a classic. But can get boring after awhile. I agree.

But if you check out Lost Horizon, check out "Again the Fire Will Burn". It's their best song in my opinion. The video for the song is here:

http://www.oncelosthorizon.com/downl...burn-video.wmv

As for Orphaned Land. Check out their album "Mabool" or just the song "Ocean Land", which you can get here:

http://mp3.centurymedia.com/Orphaned...and_Mabool.mp3

(And those are legal downloads by the way, since they come from the official sites and record label sites.)

Thanks

Downloading the album Mabool and The song by Lost Horizon 'Again the Fire Will Burn', and 'Transdimensional Revelation'. I can tell these guys' albums would be hard to find.

Thanks

What do you all think of Sodom?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    PS Soeru, there's a guy in Kerrazy Torrents who has the same avatar as you, named Annatar... I will kill him. Unless that is you, of course.
    I stole his avatar.

Gamma Ray
    Anacrusis
    Heathen
    Artillery
    Iron Maiden
    Grave Digger
    Blind Guardian
    Ensiferum
    Dream Theater
    Amon Amarth
    Solefald
    Dude... Dark Angel were supposed to play at the Vader/Kreator show but they dropped the tour and were replaced by Pro-Pain. They kick ass. I also want to see Nuclear Assault and some more thrash bands some day, I know they played not too long ago nearby.

Well, we can easily tell who likes CoF and who doesn't. I really don't think the band doing a Maiden cover was fitting, and I simply hated it...

I have that Mabool album, 'tis very original stuff.

... and Sodom are one of my favorite bands, another which I will be seeing live with Finntroll. I like what I've heard so far, it's very cool thrashy stuff.

Thanks

Quick note - if you're downloading an album or song, just say you're erm, getting or aquiring it, not downloading. Cos strictly speaking, even just the discussion of downloading MP3's is not allowed. So don't use the word downloading, grab a thesaurus and use another word please
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman
    Quick note - if you're downloading an album or song, just say you're erm, getting or aquiring it, not downloading. Cos strictly speaking, even just the discussion of downloading MP3's is not allowed. So don't use the word downloading, grab a thesaurus and use another word please
    Oh puh-leeze. Don't be ridiculous, no one has said where to get it(lagwagon made a subconscious reference to a BT site though), there's absolutely nothing wrong with that statement(nor with downloading music, for that matter). :/

Read the live show stories thread for info on the Napalm Death/Obituary show.

Thanks

Yeh Alex, hush hush, don't be a ponce. :O