Page 17 of 148 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Well, QUITE obviously, you're a huge CoB fan, so I guess you'd like them more than alot of poeple do. Hate Crew Deathroll is a sick album (and every other album too), and I love it, but this one is disappointing. Amon Amarth's next album (I hope) will be awesome. They're one of those bands that never go bad, I think.

Edit:
    What the hell has been up with Behemoth's website for the past few days? I cvan't get in; it says it's too busy or soemthing (?). Is this just a problem for me or is it everywhere?
    Last edited by Lag; 5th-September-2005 at 06:16.

Thanks

to be more exact, im a huge power/death metal fan i just like children of bodom alot.

but if i had to choose between death metal stuff like CoB and power metal like Helloween, Sonata Arctica. i would choose power metal hands down.

Thanks

CoB isn't exactly all death metal though (I think).

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, I'd probably classify them as melodic death metal.

Thanks

Melodic Death Metal with a twist of Power and Thrash Metal?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    Melodic Death Metal with a twist of Power and Thrash Metal?
    He speaks the truth.

Thanks

What is with alot of emo kids liking Between The Buried And Me all of a sudden? Some even like OPETH...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Needled24/7
    im going in November just for them and CoB. I dont care to much for Trivium.
    d00d, same here! I'm seeing the 3 bands in December in NYC. But I'm going only for Amon Amarth, really... as I plan to catch up to them after they play and hopefully be able to hang out with them.

I never saw any hint of death metal in CoB's music. Not in the instrumentals, vocals nor atmosphere. DM usually has an extremely decadent feel, even melo DM, but CoB sounds more like "party metal" to me. It's fun music, but not something I sit down to listen to. I consider them speed/power metal with harsh vox, nothing more. They did start out as a death/thrash act though...

Does anyone here like Vader as much as I do? They're THE European death metal band... A lot of DM fans don't like them because they don't sound as heavy as many other bands, but I really like what they do. Vader never even considered themselves a DM band, they say they've been playing thrash from the start. I love their war-themed lyrics, powerful music I say. The new album was kind of disappointing because I was expecting something ridiculously fast, but if you listen to it thinking expecting thrash metal it's a really cool album. I'll be seeing them again in November with Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Decapitated, and Cephalic Carnage.

Edit: Between the Buried and Me are alright. I've heard two or three songs that I like. I prefer the new album over the others. Has some ace guitar solo interludes and some really brutal death/grind-sounding parts, even though they're a metalcore band. Probably the most original core band out there nowadays. There's also this other metalcore band that play very atmospheric stuff with lyrics about time, I forgot their name, they seem pretty cool.
    Last edited by Soeru; 5th-September-2005 at 15:16.

Thanks

This is fvcking great. This is for Decapitated btw

Sensual Sickness Tour 2005
    with Gorerotted, Detonation, Dam

06.09.2005 CZ Prague/ Black Pes
    07.09.2005 A Wien/ Arena
    08.09.2005 HOL/ Goudvishal Arnhem
    09.09.2005 HOL Rotterdam/ Baroeg
    10.09.2005 FR Villeurbane-Lyon/ Le CCO
    11.09.2005 GER Essen/ Turock
    12.09.2005 BEL Gent/ Frontline
    13.09.2005 UK Liverpool/ Zanzibar Club
    14.09.2005 UK Brighton/ Concorde 2
    15.09.2005 UK Nottingham/ The Basement
    16.09.2005 IRE Cork/ An Cruiscin Lan
    17.09.2005 IRE Dublin/ The Voodoo Lounge
    18.09.2005 IRE Belfast/ The Limelight
    19.09.2005 SCO Glasgow/ Barfly
    20.09.2005 UK Manchester/ Jilly's Rockworld
    21.09.2005 UK Bristol/ Bierkeler
    22.09.2005 UK Leeds/ Joseph's Well
    23.09.2005 UK Birmingham/ Edwards No 8
    24.09.2005 UK London/ Camden Underworld
    25.09.2005 HOL Haarlem/ Patronaat
    26.09.2005 GER Hamburg/ Markthalle
    27.09.2005 NOR Oslo/ Betong
    28.09.2005 SWE Gotheborg/ Henriksberg
    29.09.2005 DEN Kopenhagen/ The Rock
    30.09.2005 GER Berlin/ K17
    01.10.2005 GER Elterlein/ Hagalaz e.V.
    02.10.2005 GER Halle/ Rockpool Arena
    03.10.2005 PL Krakow/ Loch Ness*

*with Thy Disease, Virgin Snatch, Totem,
    without Gorerotted, Detonation, Dam

Definately seeing them on the 18th September. Can't wait to see Detonation and Decapitated

Thanks

d00d, Decapitated! You'll get to see them before I do. I get to see them with Vader, Cryptopsy, and Suffo at the NYC Metal Meltdown held in the club I always go to, it's going to be the best time of my life. I'll also see them in February again with Nile. Fvcking great.

Gorerotted kick ass btw. \m/

I'm kind of ashamed that I haven't gone to a traditional heavy metal concert yet, just death and thrash shows. I'm especially ashamed that I didn't go see Manowar, tickets were sold out 2 months in advance. Maybe I'll catch Therion next week, got to make an excuse to not work next Wednesday. Saxon are coming around in November, maybe if I get into them by then I'll go see 'em, they sound a lot like early Iron Maiden.

Thanks

Been looking forward to some death metal gigs for some time now

Now I just got to get some of my friends to go

Thanks

Heh, I only went with 1 dude last time to a show, I've always gone alone to shows. I just don't have any friends that are into metal besides one dude that I haven't heard from in a while.

Thanks

Has anybody seen Clay Aiken live?

Does anybody know if Zyklon is broken up or soemthing?

They are insane, and if they're still going, their next album will be amazing.

Thanks

Dude, seriously, no offense but do you have attention defecit disorder or something? What makes it so hard to stay on topic?

... and to answer your question, no, Zyklon are still together and I think they're writing new material. Haven't gotten into them a lot yet, but being the huge Morbid Angel/Krisiun/Behemoth fan that I am, I'm pretty sure I'll get to love them once I listen to more of their stuff. All I've heard is their cover of "Dominate" and some music video. "Wolrd ov Worms" must reek of Behemoth-style goodness, I'll be listening to it sometime soon.

Napalm fuckin Death tommorow night, bizatches! (actually tonight, as it's 1:30 AM). Got college at 8:30, fuck, I need some rest for the headbanging that awaits me this jolly evening. Good night, metaleros.
    Last edited by Soeru; 6th-September-2005 at 05:41.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Napalm fuckin Death tommorow night, bizatches! (actually tonight, as it's 1:30 AM). Got college at 8:30, fuck, I need some rest for the headbanging that awaits me this jolly evening. Good night, metaleros.
    i wish I could see Napalm Death..

well, apparently Ayreon dont tour. So there arent many bands i want to see in the near future. only CoB and Amon Amarth. And Blind guardian whenever they release their new album. Maybe Sinergy if they tour the US. but thats it, and most of those would be 2006, earliest!