Page 16 of 148 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Does anyone here get discriminated for liking metal? I don't, mainly because in the area I live people don't even know what the music is. Sometimes I get a lot of shit for having long hair, mainly from closed-minded cunts. Again that's another thing that makes Europe cool: no middle class dude will give a shit about how you look or dress(well, maybe the dressing part). I never got any sort of bad comment about having long hair or listening to metal in my hometown in Spain, where long hair on dudes and heavy metal is very uncommon(which to my surrpise: Napalm Death, Destruction, Avulsed, and Wormed came to my hometown this year).
    I do get some of that shit once in a while, mainly because most of the faggots here are trance or rap junkies. But I can get my way in an arguement on the said topic, so it doesn't bother me much, but what irritates are the obnoxious cults of these maggots. God damn, it's annoying when they attack in swarms.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    I hate Dead Kennedys and the like. Agnostic Front is awesome though.

Nile has music videos??!
    Checking out Behemoth video now!
    I rather like DK... But I like AF more though, cuz they sound so thrashy.

Nile have at least 3 music videos, 1 of which is new "Sacrifice Unto Sebek". They also have one for "Execration Text"(brutal as fuck) and "Sarcophagous".

The Behemoth video for "Slaves Shall Serve" was rad. Cool stuff. I think they're overdoing their image a little too much recently, but at least it doesn't interfere with there musicmanship. Hell, if Cradle of Filth played good music I wouldn't give a shit if they looked like a bunch of dorks.

Thanks

Nile have at least 3 music videos, 1 of which is new "Sacrifice Unto Sebek". They also have one for "Execration Text"(brutal as fuck) and "Sarcophagous".

The Behemoth video for "Slaves Shall Serve" was rad. Cool stuff. I think they're overdoing their image a little too much recently, but at least it doesn't interfere with there musicmanship. Hell, if Cradle of Filth played good music I wouldn't give a shit if they looked like a bunch of dorks.
    I think the cover of hallow be thy name was better than Maidens original. But that's just me.

Thanks

Hahaha. CrADLE OF fILTH... THE VOCALIST (dAVI, IS IT?) Oops... caps lock...
    well, anyway... he is a weener. I'll admit I did download Lovecraft (a best of comp) a few years ago, and I liked it. But that was wayyy before I got into extreme music. The second metal band I started to like was Behemoth. After that, I said 'fuck you' to Cradle. Behemoth are Gods.

And where could I see the Nile music videos? They never seemed like a band that made music videos... but I always find out more bands I love that have them aswell, so I wasn't TOO surprised...

Edit:
    WOOHOO! Downloading Hypocrisy's new album, The Virus! Great stuff so far.
    Last edited by Lag; 4th-September-2005 at 04:20.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Vivi
    I think the cover of hallow be thy name was better than Maidens original. But that's just me.
    The instrumentals were alright, but comparing Dani to Bruce? Blasphemy!

Thanks

It was either Megalith or Frozen Sky who recommended the band Hybria on another thread somewhere on here... thanks dude. They are an AWESOME power metal band.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    I've downloaded it, but I have yet to listen to it. I'm gonna include in next weeks list, so expect a review.

Does it sound anything like Hate Crew Deathroll? If so, I'll probably love it.
    I think it's more Keyboard orientated now

Thanks

It was either Megalith or Frozen Sky who recommended the band Hybria on another thread somewhere on here... thanks dude. They are an AWESOME power metal band.
    Hibria you mean? I think it was Frozen Sky. Yes, I've recently listened to them a lot, they kick ass.

Hallowed Be Thy Name is one of the best songs ever. I was disgusted when I heard the CoF-version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    Hibria you mean? I think it was Frozen Sky. Yes, I've recently listened to them a lot, they kick ass.

Hallowed Be Thy Name is one of the best songs ever. I was disgusted when I heard the CoF-version.
    I wasn't disgusted by the CoF version, but I dislike it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Vivi
    heh you left out the casualties and the Misfits.
    The misfits suck... and they play "shock rock"...

And where could I see the Nile music videos? They never seemed like a band that made music videos... but I always find out more bands I love that have them aswell, so I wasn't TOO surprised...

Edit:
    WOOHOO! Downloading Hypocrisy's new album, The Virus! Great stuff so far.
    Got that one a while ago, haven't listented to it yet. Nile are pretty big nowadays, they're one of the best known DM bands with good reason: they kick ass.

Fans of viking and folk metal, check out Yggdrasil, a very new band that recently got signed. I have their demo "I Nordens Rike" and it's gold.

I've been really into Amon Amarth lately. I mean REALLY. They're playign in NYC in December with CoB and Trivium, and I'm going just for them. Their music is so... geniusly fucking crafted. Pure feel is the best way to write music...
    Last edited by Soeru; 4th-September-2005 at 15:35.

Thanks

I've been really into Amon Amarth lately. I mean REALLY. They're playign in NYC in December with CoB and Trivium, and I'm going just for them. Their music is so... geniusly fucking crafted. Pure feel is the best way to write music...
    im going in November just for them and CoB. I dont care to much for Trivium.

Thanks

Trivium isn't very good.

Thanks

Trivium isn't very good.
    they have like, one good song. and i dont even know the title.

Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom are going to slay Trivium! lol

Thanks

Children Of Bodom... I'm not that interested in them that much anymore... their new album won't be any good. That's my prediction anyway. Worth a download, but not to buy. But that's just me.
    Amon Amarth will always be awesome though.

Thanks

the new cob album is okay. i really like the title track though. kinda reminds me of hate crew deathroll. punch me, i bleed and next in line suck. i cant get into those songs at all. and not rerecording trashed,lost and strungout was a big mistake. i hated the original mix for that song.

bleh, thats just my opinion though.