Page 15 of 148 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

I heard that Finntroll was going to support Korn in Finland. Isn't it more weird?

Thanks

What do you guys think of Bodom's new album "Are You Dead Yet?". I think it's rather average and nothing special... Where's Alexi's old vocals during "Something Wild"

Thanks

I've downloaded it, but I have yet to listen to it. I'm gonna include in next weeks list, so expect a review.

Does it sound anything like Hate Crew Deathroll? If so, I'll probably love it.

Thanks

Bodom were nothing exceptional to begin with.

Thanks

All I've seen on soulseek were 'promo' album sets of 5 songs... I downloaded the first song... And down Bodom goes... mediocre... of course I'll listen to the whole album when it comes out, but I definately won't purchase the cd. It isn't worth money from what I've heard so far.
    Where has the old Bodom gone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie
    Heh, kickass! Both Finntroll and Sodom is awesome (especially Finntroll), but it's kind of weird combination, isn't it? The only thing they have in common is that they both kick ass.

... and of course, I must buy the Amon Amarth-DVD.
    Well it's really hard for folk/viking/black metal bands to get a lot of exposure over here in the US, bands of the genres are immensely bigger in Europe. So I'm overjoyed at the fact that they get to lay foot on US soil. Over here it's mostly metalcore, death/grind, brutal DM, and in some areas thrash that still have huge followings(mainly parts of Florida, Texas, and California/West coast). And of course there's your common 80's metal nut, but nearly all of the ones I know are 35-40 year-old burnouts.

And there's something about the metalhead crowd in the U.S. too... like, if there's a show with a ton of bands but there's 1 band that they don't like, some purists will stay away and simply not go to the show. I didn't care all that much for Hate Eternal or Incantation, but I went to a show in June just so I could see Krisiun. Like some people didn't go to the Morbid Angel reunion tour just 'cause it was with Soulfly(I felt like smacking a kid that told me that). That really sucks, I think the crowd in Europe is a little more open minded and they don't mind sitting through a boring band or two just to get to see their favorite. Since you don't get a lot of metal bands coming to small cities in Europe everyone over there gets more excited about a band even if they're not huge, it's the simplicity that makes any European country such an awesome place to live in.

Perhaps next year I'll go to Wacken 2006 for summer vacation or some other huge metalfest in Europe, I've never gone to a concert in the old continent.

Does anyone here get discriminated for liking metal? I don't, mainly because in the area I live people don't even know what the music is. Sometimes I get a lot of shit for having long hair, mainly from closed-minded cunts. Again that's another thing that makes Europe cool: no middle class dude will give a shit about how you look or dress(well, maybe the dressing part). I never got any sort of bad comment about having long hair or listening to metal in my hometown in Spain, where long hair on dudes and heavy metal is very uncommon(which to my surrpise: Napalm Death, Destruction, Avulsed, and Wormed came to my hometown this year).

Thanks

Somthing intresting happened the other day. this girl was bragging about how she listended to metal and how her favorite band was In Flames..funny part is she didn't know that the Jesters Race album even exists. Dolt.

Thanks

I don't see the signifigance of Wormed really... they're a pretty good listen, but not the greatest in my opinion. Although I've only heard Planisphaerium twice.

Are the drums for Fuck...I'm Dead real or done by machine? Unbelievably fast if real, though.

Edit: Master Vivi... I despise people like her! Pity there's millions...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    I don't see the signifigance of Wormed really... they're a pretty good listen, but not the greatest in my opinion. Although I've only heard Planisphaerium twice.

Are the drums for Fuck...I'm Dead real or done by machine? Unbelievably fast if real, though.

As do I, they listen to main stream metal then think they know all.
    Listen to some ATG, the drumming is great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Does anyone here get discriminated for liking metal?
    Not really, though I've met some people claiming "omg black and death methul is just screaming its not good music listen to *insert random punk/rock/blahblah band here* they are much better cuz tehy sell more records and they have a videoz on mtv".

Somthing intresting happened the other day. this girl was bragging about how she listended to metal and how her favorite band was In Flames..funny part is she didn't know that the Jesters Race album even exists. Dolt.
    I've met a guy whose "favorite band" is In Flames, but he only likes one song from them. :eyeball: (Cloud Connected, "of course")

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Vivi
    As do I, they listen to main stream metal then think they know all.
    Listen to some ATG, the drumming is great.
    ATG?

Edit: Ah... do you mean At The Gates? I might be wrong... If so, I'm not a huge fan of them.

Thanks

ATG?

Edit: Ah... do you mean At The Gates? I might be wrong... If so, I'm not a huge fan of them.
    Yeah I do.

Well actually people say "how can you listen to that shit punk is way better"
    when all punk is, is metal gone pussy. I don't care what people think about my music choice really. but every now and agian some one trys to diss me for it.

Thanks

Fuck I'm Dead is prolly a drum machine.

What makes Wormed so special is the fact that they're so heavy, yet so different from all the other brutal death metal bands out there. They keep it very very original.

Real punk bands are bands like Anti-Nowhere League, The Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, Agnostic Front, etc. Not all these MTV-core bands that sound all alike(be it metalcore, "hardcore" or the teen-pop-rock and emo/screamo bands). Punk isn't metal gone pussy, lol. Hell, there wouldn't be thrash metal if it weren't for hardcore punk bands. And there certainly wouldn't be death metal if there weren't thrash and grindcore(punk) bands.

One could say Napalm Death are a punk band(grindcore basically is over-the-top punk, same way that death metal is over the top thrash metal), thing is in the early 90's they started to play death metal. Still, they have so many aspects of a punk band that I don't consider them a death metal band, just grind, which is what they invented. Do you know how many punk covers they have? God damn...

I'd kill to see some videos from bands that weren't metal/hardcore or nu metal on Headbanger's Ball. That's all they fuckin play. Metal Asylum/Uranium often surprise me with some metal videos from Nile, Obituary, Testament, Overkill, Behemoth, Suffocation, or others but I haven't seen a single metal band I don't know, therefore: the show really isn't exposing me to anything new. They need to get lesser known bands' videos on the show.

The internet is the true metalhead's best friend. Seriously, I wouldn't know half of the bands that I do if it weren't for the www, it's so awesome to be able to find so many great obscure bands so easily.

Edit: The new Behemoth video is OUT bitches! Go to the site! I'm watching it right now.
    Last edited by Soeru; 3rd-September-2005 at 17:46.

Thanks

What makes Wormed so special is the fact that they're so heavy, yet so different from all the other brutal death metal bands out there. They keep it very very original.

Real punk bands are bands like Anti-Nowhere League, The Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, Agnostic Front, etc. Not all these MTV-core bands that sound all alike(be it metalcore, "hardcore" or the teen-pop-rock and emo/screamo bands). Punk isn't metal gone pussy, lol. Hell, there wouldn't be thrash metal if it weren't for hardcore punk bands. And there certainly wouldn't be death metal if there weren't thrash and grindcore(punk) bands.

One could say Napalm Death are a punk band(grindcore basically is over-the-top punk, same way that death metal is over the top thrash metal), thing is in the early 90's they started to play death metal. Still, they have so many aspects of a punk band that I don't consider them a death metal band, just grind, which is what they invented. Do you know how many punk covers they have? God damn...

I'd kill to see some videos from bands that weren't metal/hardcore or nu metal on Headbanger's Ball. That's all they fuckin play. Metal Asylum/Uranium often surprise me with some metal videos from Nile, Obituary, Testament, Overkill, Behemoth, Suffocation, or others but I haven't seen a single metal band I don't know, therefore: the show really isn't exposing me to anything new. They need to get lesser known bands' videos on the show.

The internet is the true metalhead's best friend. Seriously, I wouldn't know half of the bands that I do if it weren't for the www, it's so awesome to be able to find so many great obscure bands so easily.

Edit: The new Behemoth video is OUT bitches! Go to the site! I'm watching it right now.

heh you left out the casualties and the Misfits.

Thanks

I hate Dead Kennedys and the like. Agnostic Front is awesome though.

Nile has music videos??!
    Checking out Behemoth video now!