Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2207

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

So after a metric fuckton of time off, I've gone back to doing vocals in the hopes of pulling a band together in the immediate future.

Too bad I've lost all consistency on my lowest growls and still can't pitch above midrange for anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you do, I'd be sure to give it a listen if you'd provide links. Good luck man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    If you do, I'd be sure to give it a listen if you'd provide links. Good luck man.
    When I've shaken off the rust and gotten some covers recorded, I'll probably throw them up here for critiquing.

Mostly midrange growls and snarls with the odd low bark. I'm really gods damned lazy and those happen to coincide pretty well with my natural range. I actually have to pitch up to achieve what most people consider a normal voice so I can't scream or shriek worth a damn. Unless your definition of a good scream is 'bear with a sore paw'.

This explains why I'm messing around more with crust punk and old metallic hardcore rather than modern death metal. Never learnt how to do inhales or gurgles, don't plan on starting anytime soon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums...ew_Hope/376741

Nerd fapping to this so hard right now. Pretty much the standard cheese but like, it's Tolkki fooling around (which is awesome) and the line-up is just amazing. Even got Sharon den Adel for a track. <3

Thanks

Man, remind me again why I opted to be a part of the Metal-Archives review challenge?

My ears, they burn.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There's so much bad metal out there, and I even enjoy some of it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Removed, since opinions are not allowed on here.

Rep points are subtracted for an opinion, aren't they "Gypsy". Why? Why not answer the pm I sent you? I know you read it.

It's not like I insulted anyone, what rule was broken? Please do post it, so I can see what I did wrong.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 28th-June-2013 at 20:11.

Thanks

There's so much bad metal out there, and I even enjoy some of it.
    I've managed to get my share of the bad ones. The perils of blind impulse buying.

That doesn't annoy me half as much as some of what I've been reviewing. Offensively bad is one thing, painfully generic and almost deliberately void of identity? That's fucking annoying to have to review.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    I've managed to get my share of the bad ones. The perils of blind impulse buying.

That doesn't annoy me half as much as some of what I've been reviewing. Offensively bad is one thing, painfully generic and almost deliberately void of identity? That's fucking annoying to have to review.
    Link me to your profile?

Quote Originally Posted by 47iscool View Post
    Removed, since opinions are not allowed on here.

Rep points are subtracted for an opinion, aren't they "Gypsy". Why? Why not answer the pm I sent you? I know you read it.

It's not like I insulted anyone, what rule was broken? Please do post it, so I can see what I did wrong.
    Lol? I never said you can't have an opinion or that you did anything against the rules. I deleted that pm without reading it. I have nothing further to say regarding this, so don't bother pm'ing me again.

Thanks

Link me to your profile?
    http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Zero_Nowhere

Been meaning to get some power metal reviews* done, I just don't own any PM albums that haven't already been discussed to death.

*more USPM than Euro. I have a standing policy of not reviewing genres that I personally don't grok even if I happen to like the album I'm reviewing - the context just isn't there for me to make the right comparisons.

Thanks
    EP Points

Link me to your profile?

Lol? I never said you can't have an opinion or that you did anything against the rules. I deleted that pm without reading it. I have nothing further to say regarding this, so don't bother pm'ing me again.
    Capture.jpg

It shows that rep has been subtracted (not that I care), with your name beside it. All I did was say that Nightwish was awesome.
    My Video Game Codes

“Evil cannot create anything new, it can only distort and destroy what was invented or created by the forces of good.”

― JRR Tolkien

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Zero_Nowhere

Been meaning to get some power metal reviews* done, I just don't own any PM albums that haven't already been discussed to death.

*more USPM than Euro. I have a standing policy of not reviewing genres that I personally don't grok even if I happen to like the album I'm reviewing - the context just isn't there for me to make the right comparisons.
    Nice favourite genres. Checking out some of your reviews now. Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Totally forgot I had an account, so I started trying to remember all the cds I actually own to add to my collection. Which then led me to the Opeth page. Forgot how divisive they are amongst metal fans. They were one of the first true metal bands I really got into (My Arms Your Hearse was my first metal cd) so they will always hold a special place in my memory. Seems like with anything that became popular the trolls sprang forth. I wouldn't call them the greatest band but they certainly aren't awful. That said I really don't care for Heritage, and it's their only album that I don't own. They certainly didn't become super awful like some of the other bands I grew up on (Children of Bodom and Soilwork were always pretty awful but I would maintain that In Flames had some good albums). Getting really nostalgic by playing Whoracle.

Also, I always wondered why some bands aren't on there. I get the really divisive ones and that people hate nu metal but I find it odd that bands like Dandelium aren't on there. They are definitely metal. After looking into submitting I definitely don't have enough information to do so. Hell I have some albums that I can't even find info on. Elusive...

Edit: At least found the info for those albums after digging around on a couple weird sites.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 29th-June-2013 at 04:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

New slough feg

Probably will start to actually buy these albums (downloaded them before because they were a pain to get ahold of, but there are releases now )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

\m/