Page 43 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Music Discussion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Vehemence
    "Vehemence - God Was Created" is one of the best albums ever, so I suggest you try it out Seraphis. Too bad they split up recently.

I've listened once to the "A Diamond For Disease"-EP by Arsis, but I'm not very impressed yet. I'll give it a few more spins before I start judging it though.
    Last edited by Howie; 24th-October-2005 at 15:04.

Thanks

Vehemence split up? Damn... happened this month I see. That sucks, I really liked them, even their new "sellout" album(which I could not possibly consider to be commercially friendly, but oh well). Well, I think it's better this way, because they were looking for a new vocalist to hit a wider audience, so at least they didn't go mallcore or anything. Damn... anyone know of any West coast(or from anywhere) bands like Vehemence? The West coast has like some of the sickest bands both in thrash and brutal DM...

The new EP is basically a neo-classical shredfest score composed for a ballet, it's not as killer as their debut but it's not a real "Arsis song" in a sense, so they're still safe. Can't wait for their next full length, they won't be going on tour until then.

Some dude finished tabbing "The Face of My Innocence" on guitar! He sais it's 100% accurate. If anyone's interested, I'll provide the linkage. I've also gotten some other riffs down too, joy.
    Last edited by Soeru; 24th-October-2005 at 16:47.

Thanks

oh me me, pm me the tabs

Anyone like Unmoored??

Thanks

Since the splitting up topic was brought up, Nightwish dismissed their lead vocalist and front(wo)man Tarja a few days ago. Apparently, trouble has been brewing amidst the band members for some time, and they had to let go of Tarja. I'm not intrigued the slightest as I've never been a Nightwish fan, but this leaves the position for new female talents. I hope they recruit Jennie Tebler or Liv Kristine to fill Tarja's shoes. Perhaps their music could at least be listened to then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    Since the splitting up topic was brought up, Nightwish dismissed their lead vocalist and front(wo)man Tarja a few days ago. Apparently, trouble has been brewing amidst the band members for some time, and they had to let go of Tarja. I'm not intrigued the slightest as I've never been a Nightwish fan, but this leaves the position for new female talents. I hope they recruit Jennie Tebler or Liv Kristine to fill Tarja's shoes. Perhaps their music could at least be listened to then.
    Yea, read about it yesterday. As I've never been a fan of Nightwish I don't really care if Tarja has been kicked out of the band. Maybe they'll find a male vocalist instead

Thanks

I used to be a huge fan of Nightwish, but everything after Century Child has sucked, sadly. So far, in just 1 year, they've released at least 6 singles and 3 almost identical compilations. Tarja sounded worse on Once than she did on the debut, so I think it's a good thing that she's gone. Maybe they'll release an instrumental album next, that would be interesting. Oh, and a male vocalist would be cool, as long as it's not their usual male vocalist (the bassist, I think).

Thanks

I just found out that Kai from Wintersun is also the drummer for Rotten Sound
    Off to listen to some Rotten Sound!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    I liked Nightwish for a short time then my interest suddenly died. Seriously, in a way they seemed bland to me so I gave up on them. I rarely listen to any power metal at all nowadays. The only PM bands that get listens from me are Blind Guardian, Helloween, and occasionally Iced Earth. I kind of got tired of power metal.

Jennie Tebler... I can't find that "Song to Hall Up High" single... I might just end up buying the real thing.

Btw, you dudes seem to be a bit ahead of me in terms of news, I only read the news from bands' sites. What sites do you regularily check for band news? Metalstorm.ee or something?

Two weeks from now: Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Vader, and Decapitated! If you fellows notice me not posting after Nov. 7th you'll know that it was because I was trampled into a gooey mush.

Behemoth haven't released their "Slaves Shall Serve" EP... In Flames haven't released their new full-length... Abbath hasn't said anything about the new material he's writing... Nothing new from Decrepit Birth... Morbid Angel have gone silent for the past month... I need to know these things, I can't sleep.

I'm starting to get into black and viking metal again... must be the weather. Lagwagon, what's Rotten Sound like?
    Last edited by Soeru; 25th-October-2005 at 00:38.

Thanks

I check K-T for metal news. There's almost always a thread in the metal talk section about something in metal news.

And Rotten Sound is some pretty great grind. Really really fast I don't listen to that much grind, but these guys are better than most grind bands I've heard before.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Soeru, just read your Arsis reviews on Metal-Archives. Nice stuff. I'm checking out Enslaved right now. Loving them, so far.

Thanks

Hey! There's already news about the new singer for Nightwish. I don't know if it's real or not, but check K-T for the update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain
    Hey Soeru, just read your Arsis reviews on Metal-Archives. Nice stuff. I'm checking out Enslaved right now. Loving them, so far.
    Lol... I wrote that a year ago. I also wrote the review for their demo. I might write one up for their new EP since noone seems to have done it yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Btw, you dudes seem to be a bit ahead of me in terms of news, I only read the news from bands' sites. What sites do you regularily check for band news? Metalstorm.ee or something?
    Try Blabbermouth. Avoid most users' comments.

And first post in months, or something.
    Last edited by Hao; 25th-October-2005 at 03:07.

Thanks

Ive heard of a few of those bands you mentioned after my post Soeru, I picked up the Crown last year sometime, at first i didnt care for the vocalist, but they grew on me and they're in my collection too. They have some great tunes. Thanks for the other band mentionings, im gonna check a few of those out. To me, its all about the music/style how they play, but if the vocalist sounds like a stuck pig, or a high-pitched girly scream, i dont really wanna hear it. Something about that just turns me off, even though the beats are great.....Like Stinkin Park, Chester the molestor just ruins it for me(sounds like a whiny bitch), although the music they make is good.
    Cradle of Filth is another classic!!
    Abolish the rules made of stone!!
    To Lose, is to WIN at Being a LOSER!

Thanks

DAmnit! If i ever got a band together i was gonna call it ROTTEN!!!
    I've never heard of any bands with the name rotten, so it was gonna be an ORiginAL name.....that blows =(
    Abolish the rules made of stone!!
    To Lose, is to WIN at Being a LOSER!