Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Band

Thanks

Default Favorite Band

I don't think I've seen this thread here. If so, you can close it. But what is your favorite band? Mine happens to be Mindless Self Indulgence.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Breaking point.

Best. Ever. Period.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SJawz3288
    I don't think I've seen this thread here. If so, you can close it. But what is your favorite band? Mine happens to be Mindless Self Indulgence.
    Been done a lot of times, but I guess tastes change over time so this should be appropriate. I have way to many favorite bands, so I couldn't possibly choose one. I'd have to nail it down to 10, in no particular order:

Behemoth
    Arsis
    Megadeth
    Immortal
    Morbid Angel
    Manowar
    In Flames
    Decapitated
    Suffocation
    Pearl Jam

These are all bands that I'm a huge fan of, meaning I have listened to all of their material and do so frequently.

Thanks
    EP Points

I listen to many bands, but I guess my absolute favourites are Sonata Arctica and Nightwish.

Thanks

i think it would be adequate to explain why each band is your favorite. to keep it interesting.

mine would have to be radiohead. simply for the fact that they have produced so many different songs, and each new album made is in a totally new direction. i'm more of a post-'The Bends' fan. i like everthing from OK Computer and beyond.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

The Beatles. Hands down. Not only are they the most influential and successful band of all time, but they have the best lyrics and musical sound (well to me, and millions of others at least ). The sounds of Please Please Me, Something New, and various early Beatles works are magnificent, but the true music comes in during Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, White Album, Abbey Road, Let it Be, etc. Sure, lots of people claim that The Beatles are overrated, but this is far from the truth. In respect to the influence they had to today's music (and that of the past 40 years) The Beatles are in a way underrated. Many people love to jump the bandwagon and say how much they suck, blah blah, without having ever sat down and truly listened to any of the albums. All of my life I have heard The Beatles, but up until a year ago did I actually sit down and listen to Sgt. Pepper's, and it has opened my eyes to music. But yea.
    Last edited by Ninja Kurosai; 6th-July-2005 at 02:09.

Thanks

Ok I'll explain... Manowar is an 80's metal band that really sparked my passion for this kind of music. Their music is so epic, melodic, heavy and intense and they're so talented with their instruments that... it's just incredible, they're gods.

Megadeth play fast and melodic stuff. One of the first bands I really got into besides Metallica as a kid. The frontman is also one of my idols.

In Flames are very important for me since they introduced me to extreme metal. The fact that they played aggressive music with lots of melody made it even more appealing. Their whole "feel" is really nice and somewhat cheerful too.

I also really love Arsis since they combine insane aggression with a complex sense of melody. I love them since their music is so intricate and never repetetive. They're relatively new, and they're band that I'm keeping a close eye on.

Decapitated are pretty much my definition of death metal, which is what I listen to mostly nowadays. They introduced me into the less melodic side of music.

Behemoth are simply jaw-dropping, they introduced me to a whole new level of extreme music. They played at my first metal concert(with Suffocation) and left me thirsting for more.I listen to their music on a regular basis... so damned heavy, fast, complex, and eerie. I'm a huge fan and I look up to the frontman(see avatar) like a god. This is a band that gets better with every release.

Morbid Angel were extremely influential for their time and now they've become my favorite band. They slowly grew on me from being a band I didn't care about to my absolute favorite. I would kill to see them live. Even their early material which wasn't very musically intricate has an intense feel.

Speaking of "feel", this is the reason why I love Immortal. I love them because they sound very different from what all other black metal bands sound like, yet they still belong in a category that I didn't use to like as much before. A band that became more melodic and musically talented over time(Note: more melody doesn't always mean more talent).

Pearl Jam is band I was raised on thanks to my older brother. They're quite simply put: musical geniuses that play *rock*. I will not call it grunge or alternative rock, just pure, undiluted, uncommercial rock. My bro is a HUGE fan, and naturally I am too. He's seen them three times already and I've seen them once, and most likely twice in September. I love them due to their beutiful thought-out music.

Suffocation can be interchanged with Wormed or Decrepit Birth. These bands are the heaviest I listen to, they're sheerly incredible and simply sound like if you were being hit with a sledgehammer in the face. Incredibly fun music.

Thanks

Beyond the Embrace- they have the perfect mix of vocals. They are excellent.

Thanks
    EP Points

In order...

01) Death Cab for Cutie
    02) Bright Eyes
    03) Nirvana
    04) Smashing Pumpkins
    05) Weezer
    06) Faith No More
    07) Green Day
    08) Jeff Buckley
    09) Iron Maiden
    10) Metallica

I don't listen to much metal at all nowadays. I just got bored of it, I guess. :\

Thanks

Not in any order

Kalmah
    Impaled
    Carcass
    Spiritual Beggars
    Pink Floyd
    Opeth

Thanks

I'd just say my usual 3; Iron Maiden, Finntroll and Helloween, but I've gotten quite addicted to 3 others lately; Judas Priest, Queensr�che and Amon Amarth.

Thanks

I don't think my taste has changed much since we last had these, but anyway, Iron Maiden, Grave Digger, Cage, Ensiferum, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian still rank high on my list. And recently I've been addicted to the relatively new Kiuas.

Thanks

SIGH yet another thing I have to copy my Myspace list from.

Thursday,
    Coheed and Cambria,
    Thrice,
    From Autumn To Ashes,
    The Postal Service,
    Taking Back Sunday,
    A Fire Inside (AFI),
    Glassjaw,
    Armor For Sleep,
    Underoath,
    Refused,
    Skies Bleed Black,
    Central Avenue Breakdown,
    Falling Stars Burn Bright,
    Star Crossed,
    Brand New,
    Senses Fail,
    The Killers,
    Hot Hot Heat,
    The Juliana Theory,
    The Movielife,
    Greenday (Everything before American Idiot),
    Dashboard Confessional,
    Incubus (older stuff),
    Finch,
    lostprophets (older stuff),
    The Bled,
    Bleeding Through,
    The Blood Brothers,
    Throwdown,
    Boys Night Out,
    It Dies Today,
    Haste The Day,
    The Prize Fighter Inferno,
    Armor For Sleep
    Alexisonfire,
    Fall Out Boy

EDIT: I also forgot to add mr. Connor Oberst's band, Bright Eyes. :-D
    Last edited by DeputyDon; 6th-July-2005 at 22:05.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon
    SIGH yet another thing I have to copy my Myspace list from.

Thursday,
    Coheed and Cambria,
    Thrice,
    From Autumn To Ashes,
    The Postal Service,
    Taking Back Sunday,
    A Fire Inside (AFI),
    Glassjaw,
    Armor For Sleep,
    Underoath,
    Refused,
    Skies Bleed Black,
    Central Avenue Breakdown,
    Falling Stars Burn Bright,
    Star Crossed,
    Brand New,
    Senses Fail,
    The Killers,
    Hot Hot Heat,
    The Juliana Theory,
    The Movielife,
    Greenday (Everything before American Idiot),
    Dashboard Confessional,
    Incubus (older stuff),
    Finch,
    lostprophets (older stuff),
    The Bled,
    Bleeding Through,
    The Blood Brothers,
    Throwdown,
    Boys Night Out,
    It Dies Today,
    Haste The Day,
    The Prize Fighter Inferno,
    Armor For Sleep
    Alexisonfire,
    Fall Out Boy

EDIT: I also forgot to add mr. Connor Oberst's band, Bright Eyes. :-D
    Punk fan in the house I take it.
    You're gonna have to fight your spot with us "metal" heads .
    Just playin.

Thanks

well most of those are what people call Hardcore.. personally I don't see much of a difference between the two.. aside from with hardcore people "Dance" and metal people "Mosh" haha so whatever.. most of the hardcore/metal are local ohio bands though.. But Falling stars burn bright are local but they are going on tour soon.. And after Central Avenue Breakdown gets a new guitarist they will be going on tour with Armor For Sleep....so.... ha