Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zorlon's PSX Mods!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    I will be doing some more mods in the future but for now I'm having a rest from that.

Thanks for the kind comments and I will have a good look into the idea's posted so far and any future idea's.

Mods DooM so my Avator shows when God Mode is active he he joking but that may be a nice simple mod to do depending on what/if it has protection and how the files are compiled together.

A direct port of the PC version for the Dreamcast is easy to do though I know what files to edit and everything but I like the idea of doing this with the PSX version more just for the challenge
    Hmm, if the basis is the same I suppose a tile editor could do for a doom mod, remember my little foray into nes hacks? I made a link in mario bros. Granted it was crap but I suppose the same thing could apply for the snes one, but then again this is a PSX mod, If I come across the PSX version of Doom, I might give this a shot, be fun to try that again

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sure there just stored in Tim files, or tim files containing many tim images

I'll guess at the later, I would need to check that though

the PSX version doesn't have PC version compatable files though, this I already know (yeah I have already played round with that game in the past, I was after the PSX only levels at the time)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sure there just stored in Tim files, or tim files containing many tim images

I'll guess at the later, I would need to check that though

the PSX version doesn't have PC version compatable files though, this I already know (yeah I have already played round with that game in the past, I was after the PSX only levels at the time)
    Wow, you certainly know your stuff, fancy swapping brains I have less knowledge so it'll be a fun journey finding this all out again

But in all seriousness, it is hard to alter some things in games, graphics can also be very difficult. I was shocked you actually managed to find a way to cut and splice videos into that Resi mod.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sometimes it's very hard other times it's easy and thats with all PSX files.

Creating/replacing tim files may be hard if each individual tim has multi palettes aswell (from a single or multi tim file)

LOL it took me a couple of years to figure out Resi so your not the only one shocked at that one, but once I had it figured it only took a few days to get the files in a way that I was happy at

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Sometimes it's very hard other times it's easy and thats with all PSX files.

Creating/replacing tim files may be hard if each individual tim has multi palettes aswell (from a single or multi tim file)

LOL it took me a couple of years to figure out Resi so your not the only one shocked at that one, but once I had it figured it only took a few days to get the files in a way that I was happy at
    nice, I'll have to look this up at some point of time its really interesting, only trouble is I'm doing my 3D game programming at the moment, (not too shabby ) and I've just started looking at a CHip8 emulator to do just for kicks. I might download a few nes hacking tools to get myself back on track, cos that might be a laugh when I have a few hours spare.

Thanks
    EP Points

Moved and Re-opened

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I fancy doing a small game mod maybe with a realy simple but fun game... preferably a small downloadable game

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Eh can you list what you've modded. I've only got yer Resi Uncut one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are there any more modded games along these same lines, maybe from other people besides Zorlon, out there? You could always expand the section. Also, the PSX rips were a great idea, I wish there were more of those.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FallenxAstaroth View Post
    Eh can you list what you've modded. I've only got yer Resi Uncut one.
    There isn't much, but you can find them at http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/psxmods/

• Monopoly [Emuparadise Special] (U) [SLUS_100EP]
    • Resident Evil Directors cut PSX (Uncut)
    • Wesker Report (U) [SLUS_008EP]
    • Zelda Cartoon Collection Vol.1 (U) [SLUS_001EP]

Monopoly [Emuparadise Special] (U) [SLUS_100EP] is just a little mod
    All cards including place cards have been replaced with ones that are related to Emuparadise and the emulation/console scene.

Resident Evil Directors cut PSX (Uncut)
    Basicly I re-added the uncut FMV cuts that never made it to shelf version of the game

Wesker Report (U) [SLUS_008EP]
    Wesker Report originally came with limmited editions of the Resident Evil Code Veronica for the PS2 Also included on this disc is some footage from the never released version of Resident Evil 2 aka Biohazard 1.5 as well as the video of the uncut intro movie for the original Resident Evil.

Zelda Cartoon Collection Vol.1 (U) [SLUS_001EP] the first two episodes of Nintendo's Zelda cartoons

I want to add more just not finding the time to do so at the moment, I also want to include some of the Dreamcast stuff I have done aswell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-July-2007 at 14:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

I wanna download the mods, but when I do a click on the downloads' link I get "Page not found" or the next page tells me than I'm using other page to do the download...

And, after I try to do a mod download I can not do another downloads as PSX's ISO....only if I reboot the PC.

What is the problem? What I need to do?

Pls... Help me...

See ya!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, make a new thread in the Comments/Broken Links subforum so MasJ can see it, he'll fix the links.

Thanks

Somebody help me!

I don't know how to extract the "Wesker Report (U).zip.001;Wesker Report (U).zip.002..." files. I tried winrar, but it's not working, so I haven't any idea.
    Thanks forward!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dreammaster View Post
    Somebody help me!

I don't know how to extract the "Wesker Report (U).zip.001;Wesker Report (U).zip.002..." files. I tried winrar, but it's not working, so I haven't any idea.
    Thanks forward!
    Use 7zip to extract it or HJSplit to join it back together then unrar it.