Thread: PCE CD emulation?

Thanks

Default PCE CD emulation?

I downloaded a bunch of Xena's PCE CD games and I'm not sure if I really know how to emulate them... I do have Magic Engine (full) but.... Well, I know I'm supposed to mount the images, but it seems the cue files never work, I thought that was how you were supposed to mount them, so then I try just picking one of the iso files (usually there's more than one) and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....

I'm sorry of this is a n00b question but why are PCE CD games a different format from most other games, why can't it just be an iso or bin image??? Is it somethine about how the games are designed that they have to have all the music files separate? It's the same with Saturn games, why can't they just be in all one image like with most systems?

Anyway so my question is how do you mount the image if the cue files don;t work, does it do the same thing to just pick one of the iso files?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I had the same problem a while back. The PCE CD's are in a funky format, they have 2 isos with a bunch of wav files. If you have mp3s instead of wavs, you need to get a tool to convert them. Also, if the cue isn't set up correctly go here: http://necstasy.emunova.net/
    and find the game you speak of, then find it's cue sheet on the site, and copy what's shown on that cue into the one you have using notepad. You will have to use Daemon tools to mount the iso, and make sure that the analog sound option is toggled ON.

Also please specify what the games are, to help things along.

Thanks

So, probably it is becasse the files are mp3 not wave that the cue files doesn't work? (I am using Dragonball Z that was just posted as example). I am trying to use WInLame to convert then as it says in the readme file, so far I am still trying (Sorry I am new at this)

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay I attached the proper cue sheet for that game. Make sure, once you have the mp3s converted to wavs, to rename all the files so they have Dragonball Z at the beginning.

EXAMPLE:

Dragonball Z 01.wav
    Dragonball Z 02.iso
    Dragonball Z 03.wav
    Dragonball Z 04.wav

and so on and so forth. Then use the cue sheet to mount the ISO with Daemon tools (make sure to toggle the analog sound option to ON).

Thanks

Okay I changed all the files to wave, and now I can mount the image, even the original cue file works OK so that was my problem I guess. But, do I still need to rename the tracks, it seems to be playing with sound OK, and the tracks are just called "Track 01, 02.." etc It is a lot of renaming to do especially since the full name, is dragonball z - idainaru son goku densetsu!

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kewl. no prob dude.

Thanks

Hi there I have a problem with TGFX CD Emulation too, can you help me?
    I have recently torrent a YS I.II file from a kind soul here at Emuparadise, I can get it to play on my Magic Engine Emulator but some of the sounds are missing at some areas of game play, I have performed all the necessary steps for my mounted image to be on analog sound and such. When I went back to the person who sent me the file, he told me that he was not experiencing such problems (He was using Magic Engine 0.9x). I tried changing changing emulator to Magic Engine 1.0 PR10 and it worked great, but the registration will not work for the new emulator and thus I can only play 5 mins at every one go. Please help~!!!

Thanks in advance~!
    ほしければ、 そして笑う開始。
    なれば、 そして叫ぶ開始。
    あなた自身がありなさい、 隠してはいけない。 ちょうど運命を信じなさい。
    どんな人々が言うか気遣ってはいけ� �い、 ちょうどあなた自身の方法に...

Thanks

Thanks zoltar~!!! It worked GREAT~!!! thanks for the help
    ほしければ、 そして笑う開始。
    なれば、 そして叫ぶ開始。
    あなた自身がありなさい、 隠してはいけない。 ちょうど運命を信じなさい。
    どんな人々が言うか気遣ってはいけ� �い、 ちょうどあなた自身の方法に...