Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF9 is it really any good?

Thanks

Default FF9 is it really any good?

I just got the ISO thinking it would be like 7 or 8, but, it stupid. All The characters are childish. I got through the play or what not in the begining. I thought and compared it to ff7... a play vs destroying a sector of shirna... hmm yea ff9's horrible... Does it get better? Should I continue to play? If not please give me another good RPG game for ps, excluding ff7,ff8, and chronocross.

Thanks

Okay, one, you're being a tad shallow, and two, the main thing with FF9 is the gameplay. Honestly, the story never impressed me, but I loved the gameplay, but if you don't like it, then play something else.

I'm perfectly aware that I make people sick.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by theskald
    Okay, one, you're being a tad shallow, and two, the main thing with FF9 is the gameplay. Honestly, the story never impressed me, but I loved the gameplay, but if you don't like it, then play something else.
    Well the Story is more like the Old School Final Fantasys... and I though it was not that bad... Sure it's not the best ever... but it was Ok..

Thanks

it was a great game as they were going back to their roots and also it featured what i think is one of the best ability systems ever and also the story was good, first of all if you already didnt like it why would u make a thread asking if its good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay, one, you're being a tad shallow.
    I think that says it all, really.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep. Go and save the Planet from some evil-evil guy with a huge sword. Seph's a bit insane, Cloud's a bit insane, too, but in the end, everything turns out fine. FF8? Don't make me laugh. That was quite bad, aside from the beautiful CGs. The Junction system let you make insanely powerful characters, the story was a bit screwed at the end, and it didn't have a romantic subplot, because basically THAT was the main plot.
    FF9 is most definitely not violent or dark. Could even be called childish. But it's enjoyable, I had much more fun playing it than FF8 (I skipped the final dungeon in that one, I got bored)

Thanks

the FF series always had that deformed looks before ff7 and they made ff9 this way as a homage to the classic games. The whole game is setup to invoke some nostalgia for the past games. I love ff9 and it's my favorite of the psx FF games. I prefer the medieval type setting over the settings that have been used in the other 3D FF games it feels more FF like.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

FFIX is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. EVER. It's a great experience and probably has one of the best FF sountracks so far. Play it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    FFIX is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. EVER. It's a great experience and probably has one of the best FF sountracks so far. Play it.
    Seconded. Sadly i didnt get to finsih the game I think there were 4 discs and i got to the end of the 3rd and lost the 4th one...-__-

Thanks

Darn right it is. It was the closest of the PSX trio to the olden days of the SNES. That alone is reason enough to play it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith
    Darn right it is. It was the closest of the PSX trio to the olden days of the SNES. That alone is reason enough to play it.
    Don't make this thread any more nostalgic because I'm gonna cry.
    How come there were tons of really enjoyable games for the SNES and nowhere near as many nowadays for the PS2, XBOX, and the like?
    BTW, FF Origins comes quite close to the originals, too. Though it's about as much of a PSX game as the FF 4-6 remakes. *sigh*
    Anyway. The last sentence in the first post was something like "recommend good RPGs blahblahblah". Vagrant Story. F*ck everything else.
    Nah, I know there are plenty of other good RPGs for PSX out there, including Xenogears, which I have yet to play (looking forward to it ) I'm just too lazy to list them all now.

Thanks

FFIX was a good game. It had a fun card game, it brought back alot of FF Past like super-deformed characters, the auction house, and other stuff like that which made it a great nostalgia trip.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bah, nuro, stop whining and play it, it's not that bad. Ok, the story's not that impressive, but it's still an enjoyable and fun game... still better than FFVIII. If you wanna play an FF-game that's not childish, then try Final Fantasy Tacics (for PSX). Now that's one serious game... Politics. War. Betrayal. Tragedy. Everything you need.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GareJei
    If you wanna play an FF-game that's not childish, then try Final Fantasy Tacics (for PSX). Now that's one serious game... Politics. War. Betrayal. Tragedy. Everything you need.
    Everything, except RPG. It's basically a strategy game with a complex development system, but definitely not an RPG in the same sense as any numbered FF. A fantastic game, anyway, but you get the point.

Thanks

I liked FF8... I don't think FF9 is better somehow... I'll give it a shot... It better get better...