Thread: Problems with Chrono Cross on ePSXe.

Thanks

Exclamation Problems with Chrono Cross on ePSXe.

Downloaded ePSXe, got the plugins and bios to run it I believe. Downloaded CC (disk one, haven't done disk two yet) from EmuParadise.

So, I know there are 9 zipped parts to the first disc, but I only had to unzip only the very first part? I don't know how that exactly worked though the file size of the cd.img thing seemed to be just about right.

I loaded the ISO, clicked on the cd.image thingie, the intro to CC started to play and then I start to notice the problems.

1) Graphics are kind of wacko, I play higher quality games on my computer so I don't think it's my graphics card...a problem...or just the ISO?

2) The animation seems to be going faster than it normally should as well as the music.

3) When I go to start a new game, after pressing if i want the rumble option on, the screen turns black and doesn't respond to anything.

Can anyone help? Please...

Thanks

Hi, your problems are very common. They are:

1. If the graphics are low quality, change some settings in the GPU (resolution, dithering, scaling filters etc...). If you get glitches, again change some settings in the GPU, or try a different GPU. I recommend P.E.Op.S Software v1.16 or v1.17.

2. Set the framerate for the GPU. In ePSXe, go to "Config", then "Video", then "Configure". Im using P.E.Op.S Soft, but this will work with any of Petes plugins and others too i think. Basically, make sure "Use FPS limit" and "Auto Detect FPS/Frame Skipping Limit".

3. Chrono Cross doesnt work in ePSXe v1.6, so use v1.52. Make sure that in your GPU you select "Activate Special Fixes" and "Odd/Even Hack". Now it should work.

p.s. Split archive come in many parts, and though you only click on the first part, that first part looks for files with its same name, but differing numbers (the other parts), and gets data from all of them.

p.p.s. Search the forum before you post a question, cause it may save you some time in finding the answer. In this case, the Chrono Cross question is asked by everyone who gets stuck at the Vibration On/Off screen or the Status screen.
    Last edited by aldebaran; 19th-June-2005 at 14:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd only like to add that if you run it in ePSXe 1.6.0, you just have to add the "-noauto" parameter to the command line, and it works.

Thanks

Seems like that might fix my problems, but...err...

What is the "GPU" and where exactly is it?

Also, I have no idea how to enter command lines. (I have 1.6.0 btw)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    Seems like that might fix my problems, but...err...

What is the "GPU" and where exactly is it?

Also, I have no idea how to enter command lines. (I have 1.6.0 btw)
    I think by GPU he means the Graphics Plugins Configure screen... where you changed Frame Limiting settings.

Also if you don't know how to do command lines, it would be just as easy to download ePSXe 1.5.2 and not have to deal with that.

Thanks

Eh? Hard to do or something? Hmmm...

Well, I've already downloaded the plugins that aldebaran recommended. I figured what GPU probably meant while configuring that stuff.

I guess i'll download 1.5.2.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    Eh? Hard to do or something? Hmmm...

Well, I've already downloaded the plugins that aldebaran recommended. I figured what GPU probably meant while configuring that stuff.

I guess i'll download 1.5.2.
    Well I don't think it's hard to do... It's more of a good thing to do...

1.6.0 has some problems with games that work perfectly on 1.5.2 so it's a good idea to have both.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that's true I was only recommending to use 1.6.0 for Chrono Cross because I remember having that game having some issues with older emulators. Back then, I didn't have internet access, and had to use ePSXe version 1.2.0. Anyhow, just play it with 1.5.2. if you don't want to screw around with the parameters.
    You just have to right click the icon of ePSXe (assuming you made one, or a copy of it), select Properties, and then in the Target box, add the -noauto switch, so that it should read something like "C:\Psx emulator\ePSXe.EXE -noauto".

Thanks

Okay, I have 1.5.2 downloaded, did all the little plugins and bios again.

Yet i'm still getting the faster animation and sound (it's gotten even more faster o_0)

I don't know exactly which options to use to fix that, but I don't get the blank screen anymore. That's a start.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to Config > Video. Click Configure. Then mark the Use FPS limit box, and select Auto detect FPS limit.
    Also be sure to enable Special Game fixes and Odd/Even bit hack in that menu.

Thanks

Thanks guys! It seems to be working now correctly.

*very happy*

Thanks

I have a new problem :'( Didn't want to create a new thread for it, so i'm reusing this one.

I was playing Chrono Cross and saved my game etc. Then when I got back on and uploaded it again, I kept hearing this static-water noise and it won't stop.

Is there anyway to fix that? Or are my saved games d00med to be plagued with that awful sound?