Thread: PSP stuff

Thanks

Default PSP stuff

Well a question about PSP, if I went and bought one in the store, what version firmware would it come with 1.50? 1.51? 1.52 even if it exsist?=p I had thought they all come with 1.50 but with an upgrade disc you can use to upgrade to 1.51 correct? As for how this relates to emulation well, apparently 1.50 can run homemade programs now but seems like it is quite a hassle at this moment

Thanks
    EP Points

It all depends on the manufacturing date of it. So you can't be sure unless you check. Besides it's not that hard you'll need 2 flash cards though.
    http://edge.i-hacked.com/archives/ca...king/software/

Thanks

actually i hear there is a way now to oly use 1 memory stick, but right now even that is a huge hassle. at anyrate, the psp emu scene is working at a fast pace. the ds scene needs to catch up as they are only working ona gbc emu for it, the psp already has a nice amount. at the rate its going they should find cracks around the current primitive swap methods and firmware

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bolton02
    actually i hear there is a way now to oly use 1 memory stick, but right now even that is a huge hassle. at anyrate, the psp emu scene is working at a fast pace. the ds scene needs to catch up as they are only working ona gbc emu for it, the psp already has a nice amount. at the rate its going they should find cracks around the current primitive swap methods and firmware
    Well the only problem is that Sony is trying to kill all these projects by making games that will check your Firmware and update it...

They don't like EMU's apparently...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Well the only problem is that Sony is trying to kill all these projects by making games that will check your Firmware and update it...

They don't like EMU's apparently...

this is true, but i hear of people talking about being able to downgrade, of course i doubt that, and they could always avoid the games that do autoupdates, or just crack the iso itself. of course my moral is high now as of today, they have finally made perfect cracks of ds roms, and all we will need is a passme and a gba flashcart. the loader to make the passme and the gba flashcart work is on the way, and all games will save on the gba flashcart.

and i talked to the team at g6 and in 3 weeks they release thier 4 gigabit cart.

the ds just put itself at even playing field in the emu battle wiht the psp, of course with the firmware getting in the way, that could be a bit of a nuisance. still if only my ds could surf the web like a psp