Thread: SonyX Project (creating a complete list of every playstation game)

Thanks

Default SonyX Project (creating a complete list of every PS game with serials codes)

hi,

just starting this post after interest was arroused by a few members here of an ongoing project me and a few ppl i know have

the idea is simply to create a complete list of every ps1 (also now ps2 and psp) game released in all regions which helps greatly in finding out what region your title is and what release version etc

the way it works is theres a serial on 99% of games "named SLES_XXX.XX SCES_XXX.XX SLUS , SCUS, SLPM SLPS etc etc* there are also a few programs that have been introduced to help this a gcm serial finder and a gcm renamer which will rename the iso to "gamename [ serial ]* and place it into a folder (if you would like them just request it as i have it on comp) the games also have the serials printed on the covers and manuals (normally on the bottom of the side leaf and on the reverse of the manual)

also in an attempt to make these index's ever more accurate were now introducing language tags to the file names of pal gamesso people will know if there language is included in that version (after all isnt it annoying if you get a game and its only in 1-3 languages none of which are your own)

any help with this would be apprieciated (just pm the game name and the languages included on the game )

Benefits of using this naming method

accurately named titles for serious collectors wanting games of a specific region / release

knowing the form of the release as for example V rally is different to V rally plat edition as the plat edition has extra tracks

More informative filenames in a shorter filename length IE Air Combat [SLUS-0001] tells you the game is the usa first release of Air combat

easier multi sourcing and less confusions of version (kind of like group releases)

the current links for the databases are as follows

SonyX Index Selection Page
    also zorlon has copy and pasted the list into this forum post http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=30221

(it might not be completely up to date as it gets new additions every day better to check the web based version)

if you have any serials not in the index or any questions regarding the SonyX project please do post them or pm me
    Last edited by topaz; 17th-June-2005 at 19:26.
    i walk the world with an open hand and a closed fist!
    (Proud member of the SonyX project) click here to find out more
    btw heres my trade list ps1 ps2
    PS1 Re Namer V1.03 & DB20050808 released get them here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just thought I would mention that the URL's have changed for the lists, and you might want to update this post seen as you have it linked in your sig

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

lol thanks updated it now ... im gonna kill him if he changes them around again lol

Thanks

well this thread seems to have been a waste of time lol