Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Revolution lets you get the classics free

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Nintendo Revolution lets you get the classics free

Yes indeed, rather than trying to make you pay for their old titles nintendo are offerring the download service free (for nintendo developed games). Check it out <a href="http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36071&subsectio nid=1587">here</a>.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamesradar
    Nintendo knows that its loyal fans will cry tears of joy over a free service that lets them download previous Nintendo classics straight out of the box.

Third-party developers could charge for the privilege to download though.
    also simmilar good news about online play, as again you won't be charged for playing Nintendo titles online, although 3rd parties decide about their games pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamesradar
    Playing Nintendo titles across the internet will be free, whereas third-party publishers will be able to charge whatever subscription rates they wish.
    If the Nintendo revolution turns out to be cheap, its now about the most likely next gen for me to get as long as it doesn't seem unappealing to me when they finally release real details on the console.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

You would think GameSpot or IGN would have covered this by now... consedering that this article is over a week old..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    You would think GameSpot or IGN would have covered this by now... consedering that this article is over a week old..
    Do gamespot have a nintendo revolution section? I can't find it if there is one.

edit: Nevermind they don't have a revolution section but I found <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/26/news_6126595.html">the interview</a> in question on the gamespot site, maybe you should check yourself before ranting about how gamespot did'nt pick up on it.

Anyway from gamespots interview it seems they didn't go as far as to say all classic nintendo titles would be free and that other less reputable website exadurated it.
    Last edited by Norgus; 4th-June-2005 at 01:12.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey great, I love old games but I always found nintendo cheap to ask money for games they made 15 years ago.
    Now this is great news, and a good reason to get drunk. XD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    But this is good for those of us who don't check there. I Do believe this is the first thread on it, So I don't rag on it. If it's a week old you should have posted somthing, . Anywho, Goodie, I'm excited.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DSerge, GundamGuy said that THIS particular article is over a week old, and yet niether Gamespot or IGN covered the news.

In other words, he was saying that if there was any legitimacy to be found in the article, then a professional news site would've mentioned something by now.

I agree with him. The fact that neither of those sites have covered the news, leads me to believe it's just another rumor from excited fans.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 4th-June-2005 at 01:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Im not going to out and out say this is not true... just because IGN and Gamespot have not out and out said the old games will be free...

I do find it hard to believe that they would give away N64 games...

Anyway I would take anything you hear about the Revolution and it's features with a Grain of salt... Most everything is still up in the air. For all we know Nintendo may not have decided yet if the games will be free or how much they will cost.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    DSerge, GundamGuy said that THIS particular article is over a week old, and yet niether Gamespot or IGN covered the news. In other words, he was saying that if there was any legitimacy to be found in the article, then a professional news site would've mentioned something by now.
    No digs what so ever?. If that was a dig, than what would some of the shit he said in my psp vs ds thread mean? Eh . Exactly. I found his particular sentance hard to understand. My bad. I'm sorry Cyberxion I didn't mean to offend you...sir? . now if I was gonna dig some one I would send there ass to china..you know that .

EDIT_> Nipedley told me about this hours ago, I trust what he says, so I think I want this new Nintendo system.

Thanks
    EP Points

WHAT THE HELL can you please read my posts. Gamespot do cover it! Gamespot hold the origional article that the MSN article cited!

I even linked it in my post once I found the link but here it is again - without the MSN twist and out right lying, this is straight word-for word interview that gamespot had and are hosting. <b>http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/26/news_6126595.html</b>

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sadly, i think the Revolution will suck. If they have to go so far as to offer there entire history of video games just to draw attention to their console, its not looking good for nintendo. Hopefully it will turn out ok :\

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dserge
    No digs what so ever?. If that was a dig, than what would some of the shit he said in my psp vs ds thread mean? Eh . Exactly. I found his particular sentance hard to understand. My bad. I'm sorry Cyberxion I didn't mean to offend you...sir? . now if I was gonna dig some one I would send there ass to china..you know that .
    I fail to see your point. See, that was a debate. Sometimes debates get heated, and in the thick of things, strong words are exchanged. The trick is to remember to let it go once the debate is over.

This however, just came across as a chance to get on GundamGuy's case, and I'm just warning you to take it easy, alright? Think things through, and don't risk putting your ass on thin ice by saying something out of line, alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    WHAT THE HELL can you please read my posts. Gamespot do cover it! Gamespot hold the origional article that the MSN article cited!

I even linked it in my post once I found the link but here it is again - without the MSN twist and out right lying, this is straight word-for word interview that gamespot had and are hosting. <b>http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/26/news_6126595.html</b>
    You're so funny when you're angry!

Did you even bother reading the article you linked to? I did, and nowhere in that article did they commit to a pricing strategy for the classic Nintendo titles. They said that there were several options they were mulling over, but at the time of that article, nothing was set in stone.

So yeah, there's absolutely nothing that supports the claims made in the quotes you provided us. Nothing as of yet.

Will Nintendo give gamers access to thier entire back-catalogue of classic Nintendo games? Possibly. Anything could happen, but until we get the official word on things, I'm with GundamGuy in his suggestion that we take things with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 4th-June-2005 at 01:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow X
    Sadly, i think the Revolution will suck.
    Good you'll be suprised then if it's not sucky...

Cyber handled this much better the I did.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 4th-June-2005 at 01:37.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow X
    Sadly, i think the Revolution will suck. If they have to go so far as to offer there entire history of video games just to draw attention to their console, its not looking good for nintendo. Hopefully it will turn out ok :\
    Well i think the main reason its called the Revolution is because Nintendo is trying to distinguish its new console from the other consoles by making it backwards compatible times 2 and letting you download the old games for free.I also read that it can play dvds too which is a step forward for Nintendo. I have no doubts that this console will be good because Nintendo is great and i have always supported them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    You're so funny when you're angry!
    You too

Anyway, the point is that the MSN articl still had misleading quotes contained within, and as such puts MSN at about the same level as a certain newspaper called 'the sun' here in England for quality of news. Thats not a good thing.

I will admit I only read it fast though.

I'm rather hoping that a lot of the old games will be available free, or as unlockable downloads for doing things in revolution games.
    It would be nice if they were all offered at a very cheap price at least, I'm beginning to feel that sony and microsoft are all caught up in the bullshitting and showing off their huge graphical power.

*waits for revolution*

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Mikey_ Guest

hmmm. makes me wonder what format those old roms will be in when you go to download'em. if other 3rd party companies are gonna charge but not nintendo. anyway, i think history will repeat itself. ps3 will dominate. 360 will be in a far 2nd and revo will most likely end up 3rd cuz of its reputation for gaming. i'm not complaining bout that anymore, though i think i've come to (yet again lol) a decision. i'm gonna get the revo and 360. i've been on the sony bandwaggon since the psx so i think now may be a good time for a change, besides i'm sure the 360's online features will be much more than what the ps3 will/can offer. and revo, well, i'm sure it'll have kiddy games which i DO find fun sometimes and my nephew is 7 and he's enjoyed all sorts of NGC games so this system will do him well.