Thread: Can't remove java from my computer (or reinstall)

Thanks

Default Can't remove java from my computer (or reinstall)

When I try to reinstall java 5.0 or 1.5 or whatever its called, I get a message saying I already have the version and to remove it from my programs list first.

So I go to my programs list and click remove on it, and it gives me the exact same message.

Its driving me crazy because the message is teling me to do exactly what I'm doing. I think this is because it uses the install file (a .msi file i believe) to remove the program, but I think i deleted the .msi file.

So I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. And if i need that .msi file, if someone could give me the name of it so i could get it.

Thx. And if im not being clear just tell me and I'll try to rephrase.
    EDIT 1
    By the way, I was able to install the old java 1.4.2 Its listed in the programs list right under the jre 5.
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks

Yes, it uses Windows Installer (the hell with Microsoft) Have you tried removing it from Control Panel's Add or Remove programs?
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks
    EP Points

if that doesn't owrk, you could use a form of regclean (don't get windows registry cleaner from microsoft unless you plan on putting back in EVERY little bit of infomration, including serial #, your name, everything)

or, if you like playing with stuff, you could always edit/hack your registry

Thanks

Removing it from the add/remove programs list is what I'm having trouble with.
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks
    EP Points

I could say you how to, but that would need a bit of registry handling.

Oh wait, found article at M$ KB
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q247501&