Thread: dc games dumping urgent help needed

Thanks

Default dc games dumping urgent help needed

allright, so ive got a dreamcast, a coders cable and loads of legit games which i want to play on chankast.
    but i just have no idea how get the games from my dream cast to my pc then get the dump playable on chankast. im a nood to dreamcast emu so i would appreciate a step by step guide or link to a guide or if there are legal issues mabye a pm?
    thanks
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry I honestly don't think anyone can help you out with that, I don't have a coders cable myself but I can guide you through making none boots into self boots, and chankast uses selfboots.

There is already a guide for none boot iso's to self boot iso's with no sound tracks but for games with sound tracks it gets complicated, but I can do that aswell.

There will still be alot of games that you will not be able to do this with as it would involve downsampling sound files that I can do but also movie files that I can't (OS problems with that though) also with a few games the only way they would fit was to reprogram the way the game ran and that I can't do either.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

then what other methods are there of dumping games? i see on the bittorent tracker that many dumps have been made so it must be possible
    i would download them if there were any seeders but there arnt and i wanted loads of games so its not fair to request them all in ysi thread oh well sigh..
    thanks for the quick reply zorlon

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The other more common method is through a Dreamcast BBA.

Personly I got most of my collection through eMule and a few torrents from a dreamcast site, that a few members here are part of.

I don't have a link to the afore mentioned dreamcast site/forum now but Sprung will do so you can try asking him if you like.

On that site/forum you may find greater help for dumping your Dreamcast games aswell mainly because it's all Dreamcast there

Personly I deal with a huge range of consoles so I don't know everything about each console I mess around with.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-May-2005 at 09:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

ok, ill forget about dumping my own games its far, far to complicated ichecked on other faq's and they all said the same thing, that you will need much knoladge on how dreamcasts work and how there games are coded and so on.. i will just have to hope i can find decent torrents or i will request a modest 1 or 2 there are a total of 16 i want lol.
    thanks for all your help zorlon sorry to have wasted your time

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are only a few games that havn't been cracked on the Dreamcast

Bleemcast (full version) and D2 are two that I know of that havn't been cracked at all

By the way I don't mind your questions at all so don't worry about that

P.S. Don't forget to ask for selfbootables, but like I said I can guide you through creating selfbootables for none selfbooting images

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]