Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: A Complete List of Every PSX Game and Demo Ever Made

Thanks

yea yea akuma they are too old to be listed in playstation.jp
    i visit that jp site more than 20 times a day to update my list haha.

example of those weirdo numbers are.
    SCPS-45027 - Wild Arms (no in official jp web, but on illusion list)
    SCPS-45268 - XI[s�i]: Alea jacta est! - Julius Caesar (B.C.100 - B.C.44) - (not on all google yahoo, msn engine) lol
    SCPS-45079 Zero Divide 2 -The Secret Wish- (not in anywhere)
    SCPS-45510 The Legend of the Condor Heroes (not in anywhere)
    SCPS-45163 Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon (not in .jp, but in illusion list)

theres more when i come across last month during i update my list, because i couldn't find them i thought they are fake ID so never record down, but untill yesterday i find out they are real exisiting ID but just not listed anywhere
    [My Wish List] [PSX] Hikaru no Go
    [SLPM-87199] Graduate Student Battle | ヒカルの碁~院生頂上決戦~

My Collections of Toys, Games, Anime-DVD and about me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hayato1
    SCPS-45268 - XI[s�i]: Alea jacta est! - Julius Caesar (B.C.100 - B.C.44) - (not on all google yahoo, msn engine) lol
    http://www.playstation.jp/products/title/scps10051.html

found this for the above title its acctually the japanese version of devil dice
    (misc info XI[s�i]: Alea jacta est! translates to 6 the die is cast)

also can u double check SCPS-45510 The Legend of the Condor Heroes isnt acctually SCPS-45510 Shachou Eiyuuden - The Eagle Shooting Heroes

as thats what it translates to when we checked it
    Last edited by topaz; 30th-August-2005 at 21:10.
    i walk the world with an open hand and a closed fist!
    (Proud member of the SonyX project) click here to find out more
    btw heres my trade list ps1 ps2
    PS1 Re Namer V1.03 & DB20050808 released get them here

Thanks

yup i mean there is another verison for XI[s�i] not SCPS-10051
    SCPS-45510 Shachou Eiyuuden -is in chinese traditional txt, chinese simlify txt, chinese dub
    SCPS-10139 Shachou Eiyuuden -is japanese txt, chinese traditional txt, and ? dub.
    haha i know they are there in .jp with a different id,
    but..hm i thought if some site who actually listed entire SCPS-45000++ in their master list for me to refer.^^

Thanks

This database has been an invaluable tool to me in sorting through games in my collection, but I think it's lacking something that I would like to see added. Two very important things to collectors are version numbers and TOC (table of contents) sizes in bytes. I realize this would be alot of work, but everyone contributing what they can when they have time can really help this database out more.

My reasoning is this: Developers make subtle, and not so subtle, changes to source code to fix bugs/glitches/etc. and repress and rerelease the game. Take Gran Turismo 2 for example. We all know the original had only the bug with the drag racing and completion %. Sony fixed it and put out another version, then later released yet another version to fix the car wash bug. There are at least 3 versions of GT2 out there... and there's no easy way to tell which version you have without actually playing the game. Same deal with PS2. the GTA series comes to mind first, especially San Andreas.

So how can we determine versions? Simple.

For PS1:

Simply insert your disc into a drive, or mount it in Daemon. Grab a text or hex editor and open the ID file. For example, I'm using Touge Max 2 (J) [SLPS-01574], and will be opening the SLPS_015.74 file.

Close to the top, is an $Id tag. Information after the tag gives version number, and the date and time file was created. Getting TOC size is even simpler, just right click on the inserted (or mounted) disc and select properties. Record the number of bytes it says are being used.

So for Touge Max 2 (J) [SLPS-01574], the version I have is v1.140 with a TOC size of 472,141,824 bytes.

This could be the first and only version to be released, or it could be a bug fixed version we would never know about. My point is that as collectors we need to know this information. All other console ROM sets keep track of version numbers.

For PS2:

Even easier for PS2. Version number can be found by first insterting or mounting the disc or ISO, and opening the SYSTEM.CNF file in a text editor, and look for the VER tag. TOC size in bytes is the same as PS1, and for any CD based system.

I'm using Rez (U) [SLUS-20344] as my example. I open the SYSTEM.CNF and find that my Rez is v1.01 with a TOC of 200,955,904.

So, as a collector of PS1 and PS2, these are my two cents. I would really like to see this added, and would gladly contribute what I can when I have the time. I mean, we just don't know how many versions are really out there. I would like to know what everyone else thinks about this.

Thanks

i think it is quite hard for him to update the actual size of the game since he actually dunhave them all. there is atleast 5000 or above games there it might take 2 years to update the size thou............ but your idea is cool huh......... give everyone a idea that our psx list should contain more information. well i post this to thanks your sugestion i will update my collection list with those stuff next if i ever complete my list.....! (haha)
    edit: i open xena's herny expl and i got this
    ut_f.c,v 1.3 1995/08/23 06:29:32 ayako
    about the size it could be hard as it couldn't be copied. i wonder if theres any tools around can export FULL TOC contents lik .CCD without sub and img, in it's any form, like on solid disc.
    Last edited by hayato1; 4th-September-2005 at 20:40.

Thanks

I've personally never seen a program that will return the TOC size of an image, but I was thinking that ISOBuster might be able to do this. I'm not at my computer ATM so I can't check. I admit, TOC size is rather difficult due to there being rips floating around, as well as ISOs created from CD-R copies. But version number is fairly easy. Version number would prove more useful for identifying differences, TOC size would be more for verifying a rip or a full image.

Edit: At the very least, I think we should keep track of version numbers of the games we do know that have multiple versions, like NTSC U/C Gran Turismo 2's.

Edit 2: Hmm, this could possibly be version information for various *.c files, and not the game itself. I'm looking more into this.

Edit 3: After some poking around, I have determined that those $Id versions are infact .c library versions, not the game version. It seems PS1 does NOT keep a hardcoded version number anywhere on the disc. So much for my idea. The closest thing we have on PS1 is the date of the SLXS_XXX.XX file. The date is good enough to distinguish between GT2's.

At least keeping version numbers of PS2 is possible since they hardcoded a version number in the SYSTEM.CNF file. Half my idea can work, lol.
    Last edited by JumboMaverick; 4th-September-2005 at 21:46.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by JumboMaverick
    This database has been an invaluable tool to me in sorting through games in my collection, but I think it's lacking something that I would like to see added. Two very important things to collectors are version numbers and TOC (table of contents) sizes in bytes. I realize this would be alot of work, but everyone contributing what they can when they have time can really help this database out more.

My reasoning is this: Developers make subtle, and not so subtle, changes to source code to fix bugs/glitches/etc. and repress and rerelease the game. Take Gran Turismo 2 for example. We all know the original had only the bug with the drag racing and completion %. Sony fixed it and put out another version, then later released yet another version to fix the car wash bug. There are at least 3 versions of GT2 out there... and there's no easy way to tell which version you have without actually playing the game. Same deal with PS2. the GTA series comes to mind first, especially San Andreas.

So how can we determine versions? Simple.
    Have you taken a look at the PSRM (or PTRM/PDSS on the PS2) numbers on discs? If you take a look at the demos on the list you'll see they're all listed. That's because us demo collectors noticed them changing for different printings It should be the same for retail games, you can find the numbers on the outer edge of most discs. If you have original copies of any of those Gran Turismo 2's take a look, my Greatest Hits copy is SCUS-94455/PSRM-013750 and SCUS-94488/PSRM-013780
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Thanks for the tip Ragnar. All my originals are at home while I'm up at school though. First chance I get to go home, I will definately check that out.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Two typos in the PSX section:
    Salery Man Champ - Tatakau Salary Man
    Salery should be Salary.

T.R.A.G. - Tactical Rescue Assauls Group - Mission of Mercy [U]
    Assauls should be Assualt.

Thanks

Question

so conclusion is having "ut_f.c,v 1.3 1995/08/23 06:29:32 ayako" in SXXS_XXX.XX
    cannot determine the difference? lucky! i was going to start taking my next disc to view that info.

but then telling it is rip anot does checking mod-date SLXS_XXX.XX file help? what if the person rip never modify the file...... haha
    hm for iso buster should click "checksum 2352"? but the process time is like ripping a CD..... right?
    help help any better tools lol

ok my example is this:
    if i didn't forget, i think is "segnin" mention there was a armstrong agent jap rip floating around the net for ages!
    and i have my armstrong agent pirated copy jap in my house for 6 or more years+- now what should i check with someone who have the rip, to verify differences? i still think there must be a easier method to like 60sec get some info of a disc which can compare from differences copied. or can anyone point me to any huge rip copies around and and find difference?
    <hr>
    ok i do a very lengthy time check @bomberman party edition SLUS_011.89 Disc using isobuster i got this
    Quote Originally Posted by *.md5
    # MD5 checksum generated by IsoBuster 1.8.0.4 (http://www.isobuster.com)
    862852dc7f35b4dfa6ff4a68ddd8e1de *CD.cue
    e0ceba6e448677f3d938b1dd176be3af *CD.bin
    does above help at all?
    Last edited by hayato1; 9th-September-2005 at 07:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

The md5 or CRC checksums won't help you determine if a game is a rip. They're just used to verify that a file hasn't been corrupted, that's all.

If your copy of Agent Armstrong is missing the opening FMV's or the background sounds/music, then it's a rip.

Also, if you make an image out of it, and find that the image is rather small, then it's a rip. The CD image should be over 600 MB.

Some of the signs that a game is a rip:
    1) ISO is small in size.
    2) ISO is large, but compresses down to a very small size
    3) Empty/unused sectors found in the middle of the ISO (they're only supposed to be found at the end) <----- Could someone else confirm this? Because every copy of Double Dragon [J] that I've found has empty/unused sectors in the middle of the ISO. Could this game be an exception to that rule?
    4) Files within the ISO have been replaced by junk data files (all 0's, or a repeating series of data--example:22 55 22 55 22 55...)
    This is commonly done with STR and XA files (movie and sound/music files)
    5) Empty folders in ISO
    6) No background music even when mounted to Daemon Tools with Analog Audio enabled.
    7) Missing FMV's
    7) You find another copy of the same game that is larger than the copy you suspect of being a rip.

I'll use my copy of Block Kuzushi 2 as an example:
    I downloaded it from EmuPortugal, and the ISO is small, only 14 mb, there are a few files in the STR folder that may have been replaced by a repeating series of data, and finally, there's no background music, even when I play it with Daemon Tools.

So, I believe that this 14 mb copy that's floating around the 'Net that everyone (who has this game) seems to have, is a rip.

Another example is the copy of Real Robots - Final Attack [J] that was put up as a torrent recently--that was definitely a rip. Just compare it to the one that was uploaded to YSI--that one is the full game

(I really wish people who make rips would label them clearly as rips so that people would know that they are rips.)

Btw, you can use any type of hex editor/viewer to see the data in each file, to determine if it's valid data or junk data (such as all 0's or a repeating series) If you find a file (other than a dummy file) that seems to be nothing but junk data, then check the game for the other signs it's a rip.

CDMage, ISOBuster, Clony XXL all have built-in hex viewers that you can use to do this.
    Last edited by SegNin; 9th-September-2005 at 08:43.

Thanks

Question subject to no sound on console

most of your points 1~8 are subjected to image file
    but (3) could be hard to determine how you gonna check empty unused sector if they are not error? and all my games are on solid disc CDmage don't have the abilty to check it. (i think)
    but definatly (2) i always come across -haha like below 40mb file extract to 600mb.

but again this is very important, (although i know u use epsxe does not matter to u....)
    "6) No background music even when mounted to Daemon Tools with Analog Audio enabled."

but there is a certain commonly use tool (which i dunknow what)
    is dumping a image with certain-bgm NOT on console(including all PS1, PS2 not to mention later PS3).
    The sign is this:
    1)bgm on epsxe, not on vgs, not on console
    2)bgm on epsxe, on vgs, not on console
    3)it might not be all bgm, could be certain tracks only but could be all too.
    do you call this rip? or call that game's bgm is emulate for only PC?
    my suspect is that the format of the bgm is nolonger original-type could be fall of quality.

examle of this no bgm, but on PC only are: (all floating round the net)
    -[SLPS-01018~9] Psychic Force Puzzle Taisen (disc2 some, disc 1 all)
    -[SLPS-00050] Night Striker (stage 1)
    -[SLUS-00220] BATTLE ARENA TOSHINDEN 2 (keep loop 2 sec)
    -[SLPS-01560~1] SD Gundam G Generation [Premium Disc][SLPS-01561]->menu(TV-CM)[1]->select(gundamwing)[2]
    my above question had never been answer........ mostly i always get the same answer i dun use ps1 ps2 i use epsxe only-haha
    and also this is not all, these are the 1s which i found while testing randomly select scene on console after downloading
    <hr>
    yo i found another way of displaying info how about this?
    -in any form as long it can be mount, can be form as disc too, takes only few sec to dump.
    <fieldset><legend>date of mod, size, name</legend>
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. </fieldset>
    wow if that list can show all games of above info that WILL BE COOLIE!
    what other info is there to improve?
    will there be irregular between (date of creation) and (date of mofidy) to (date of access)?
    Last edited by hayato1; 9th-September-2005 at 10:44.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Topaz, I found a demo that's not listed! Wait, I'm gonna see which languages and games are on it...

Edit: It's SCED-02417, it's a demo, and the languages on it are: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. The games on it are: "Bugs Bunny (Wascally wabbit lost in time)", "Crash Team Racing (4-player Kart racing action)", "Croc 2 (Return of the Croc)", "Destrega (A duel of sorcery and fists)", "Devil Dice (Brain-fizzing puzzle madness)", "Gran Turismo 2 (The ultimate driving simulator)", and a video of "Hotline + Powerline", "Ridge Racer Type 4 (Classic arcade racing)", "Spyro 2 (Flying, flaming 3D adventure)", video of "This is Football (Video: The beautiful game)", "Tony Hawk's Skateboarding (Skate with the best)", and "Wip3out (Adrenaline speedrush - faster then ever!)". Whew, that took long!

I'll check if I have more unlisted stuff
    Last edited by ChimpoUA; 10th-September-2005 at 16:07.
    Requesting:
    Digimon World: Digital Card Battle
    NTSC/U, Playstation game

Once you read the text that's below all my posts, and I mean this text, you wasted 7 seconds of your life.

Thanks
    EP Points

Another typo:
    A2 Racer Europa Tour [PAL]

Should be:
    A2 Racer III - Europa Tour [PAL]

(try googling A2 Racer III Europa Tour, and you'll see what I mean)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Segnin
    Should be:
    A2 Racer III - Europa Tour [PAL]

(try googling A2 Racer III Europa Tour, and you'll see what I mean)
    A2 Racer... if you mean the one I uploaded its the dutch version.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..