Thread: On PS2 Emulation

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default On PS2 Emulation

Ah, I really haven't looked in here for a long time. Well, at any rate, I dropped basically entirely out of the emulation scene online for some time, since I was content with what I had. Unfortunately, my PS2 was stolen some time ago (frustrating, no?), which was something I hadn't really concerned myself with at the time (I was away from home, and hadn't brought it with to play PS2 games). Now that I'm back, though, I want to play these fun games that have come out like Disgaea, Pucelle Tactics, and the such, but don't know anything about how PS2 emulation has progressed in the last year.

Basically, my question is as follows: Of the PS2 emulators (singular?) for the PC right now, how successful would you say they've been so far, and are any of them worth downloading right now? Or, rather, would it be better for me to just go out and buy a new PS2, if I want to play any games well?

Thanks

there isn't any PS2 emulator that can run commercial games rihgt now and probably won't be one for quite awhile. The main problem being how powerful a computer it takes to run a ps2 emulator at a good enough speed to be enjoyable. Your better off just buying a new PS2.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

well, they play comercial games, its just they play them VERY slow.
    "there were funky china men, from funky china town." - Kung fu fighting, Bus Stop

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, thanks, at any rate.

Ah well, at least whoever took mine left the controller (and the power cable...and the memory cards...and the games...makes me wonder about the intelligence of the local thieves), so I'll have two once I go and buy a new console. Every cloud has a silver lining, or at least an extra bolt of lightning.