Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your top 10 games this generation

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can tell the amount of friends Crusher has by his choices.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In no particular order:

1. Beyond Good and Evil
    2. Prince of Persia: SoT
    3. Prince of Persia: WW
    4. Doom III
    5. Resident Evil 4
    6. Eternal Darkness
    7. Super Mario Sunshine
    8. Ninja Gaiden
    9. Rygar
    10. Devil May Cry III

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not gonna discuss this with you, Ru. And it's only one 'S' in Enocson! Dammit!

And Dave, I prefer single player games. So leave me alone.

Thanks

No, it's Enocsson.

I too, prefer single player games (except for Tekken) seeing as I have no friends who want to play any videogames....except for tekken. They suck.

oh, I forgot the viewtiful one

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

In order...

1. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    3. Halo: Combat Evolved
    4. World of Warcraft
    5. Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
    6. Super Smash Brothers Melee
    7. Final Fantasy X
    8. Halo 2
    9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    10. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Thanks
    EP Points

Seems like mindless hack and slash games with long winded dialogues are pretty popular nowadays. Yeah, I'm talking about Morrowind (argh, that game sucks so much) and KOTOR.

This is obviously Skinner8's fault for not advertising Planescape: Torment (and Fallout, if I might add) enough as the only true RPGs ever.

(I just recognized I still haven't played Acanum. I feel sort of guilty...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    Seems like mindless hack and slash games with long winded dialogues are pretty popular nowadays. Yeah, I'm talking about Morrowind (argh, that game sucks so much) and KOTOR.

This is obviously Skinner8's fault for not advertising Planescape: Torment (and Fallout, if I might add) enough as the only true RPGs ever.

Well... yeah, that's true, unfortunately. Morrowind and KotOR has about as much connection to RPGs as a big bag a yellow rubber duckies.

Thanks

Default what??

true rpg's? gimme a break there have not been any since the dungeon and dragon days. i think there worst example is final fantasy although it is an amazing game it is little more than an interactive movie. morrowind comes close but lacks that random factor you find in the old forgoten realms games.
    and yes i agree kotor sucks as well but i still bought it coz its star wars.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Well I obviously disagree. Morrowind was an amazing game, kept me playing for a long time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    Well I obviously disagree. Morrowind was an amazing game, kept me playing for a long time.
    Should have guessed, with that username of yours.
    I'd appreciate if you'd say exactly what kept you playing. I found the battle system totally brainless. The experience system was okay, I guess. But the main plot consist of quests like "go there, get this, do that, kill him". It would have been better if there weren't that many possibilities thrown at you, and rather you could shape the progress of the storyline. You are the Nerevarine, and you have to defeat Dagoth Ur no matter what. Check out Planescape, it really is better than Morrowind. I found Morrowind pretty boring. Probably because they were expecting that you were willing to spend lots of time with exploring and levelling up. Planescape is quest oriented. More story, less mindless hacking. Your choices actually affect the storyline. And they're quite big changes. The fun thing is, that the alternative personalities of the Nameless One (okay, no more spoilers) show you the ways you could have taken throughout the story.

And ffzeroff, I agree that Final Fantasy shouldn't be called an RPG, but it's a pretty decent interactive novel. If you take that approach for every manga RPG, you won't find them that disappointing.

Thanks

Ok perhaps I should have been more specific...

Should have guessed, with that username of yours.
    I'd appreciate if you'd say exactly what kept you playing. I found the battle system totally brainless. The experience system was okay, I guess. But the main plot consist of quests like "go there, get this, do that, kill him". It would have been better if there weren't that many possibilities thrown at you, and rather you could shape the progress of the storyline. You are the Nerevarine, and you have to defeat Dagoth Ur no matter what. Check out Planescape, it really is better than Morrowind. I found Morrowind pretty boring. Probably because they were expecting that you were willing to spend lots of time with exploring and levelling up. Planescape is quest oriented. More story, less mindless hacking. Your choices actually affect the storyline. And they're quite big changes. The fun thing is, that the alternative personalities of the Nameless One (okay, no more spoilers) show you the ways you could have taken throughout the story.

And ffzeroff, I agree that Final Fantasy shouldn't be called an RPG, but it's a pretty decent interactive novel. If you take that approach for every manga RPG, you won't find them that disappointing.
    The part I bolded in your response is why I played it so much. I found the story decent enough, with some pretty cool missions, but by far my favorite part was simply exploring the island, finding ruins and getting some phat loot

I found the combat to be alright, I sort of role-played my character as a chaotic-good person(for those who've played D&D type games), and the made it a lot more interesting for me. I spent so much time on this game it had to be my top stop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    Ok perhaps I should have been more specific...

The part I bolded in your response is why I played it so much. I found the story decent enough, with some pretty cool missions, but by far my favorite part was simply exploring the island, finding ruins and getting some phat loot

I found the combat to be alright, I sort of role-played my character as a chaotic-good person(for those who've played D&D type games), and the made it a lot more interesting for me. I spent so much time on this game it had to be my top stop.
    i know this is not the subject of the thread but i would just like to boast my lv 1248 redgaurd on morrowind i did not cheat i have the xbox version so i couldnt anyway. i bet i am the biggest fan of morrowind
    how do you like those banana's?
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ffzeroff
    i know this is not the subject of the thread but i would just like to boast my lv 1248 redgaurd on morrowind i did not cheat i have the xbox version so i couldnt anyway. i bet i am the biggest fan of morrowind
    You know, I do not envy you. Not even a little bit.

But this thread is getting a bit off-topic, so let's just end this discussion, before... before Skinner gets here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ffzeroff
    Leveling is very easy if you use the damage[insert X skill here for Y points] spell then train from a trainer...but if you did that legit...holy crap.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

In no particular order:

Resident Evil 4 (prolly the most brilliant game of this generation)
    Mario Kart: DD!
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Burnout 3
    MGS 2 & 3
    GT 4
    Metroid Prime
    Baldur Gate - Dark Alliance (I think I played it too much )
    Jet Set Radio (i'm gonna say it even if its not considered a this gen game )

I'm sure I'm missing something.... oh well