Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: decent non japanese fighting games

Thanks

Lightbulb decent non japanese fighting games

Are there any games like marvel versus capcom or rather to be clearer american made games having non japanese characters and proper english.

I'm just tired of seeing japanese characters, no offense to anyone.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not an easy question... the best fighting games are all Japanese... if you don't want things like Bushido Blade, Ehrgeiz, Super Smash Bros, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dead or Alive and so on, then what remains?

All of these games can be found in English, but if you're looking for a 100% U.S.A game, then you'll have a hard time.

Thanks

Marvel vs Capcom is a Japanese game, even. Simply put, the only American fighting games are prolly those lame WWE wrestling sims.

Thanks

Wink best ever ?????

wht is the best fighting games of all time thn ??

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LiXeS
    wht is the best fighting games of all time thn ??
    That's easy. Bushido Blade. Calmly made decisions, precise attacks, trying to guess the enemy's next move. Brilliant game for people who're tired of just insanely pushing the attack button and shouting "Diee!". Hah.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GareJei
    That's easy. Bushido Blade. Calmly made decisions, precise attacks, trying to guess the enemy's next move. Brilliant game for people who're tired of just insanely pushing the attack button and shouting "Diee!". Hah.
    Nice. I like how you think. I wouldn't say it's THE best, but it's damned close.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    Nice. I like how you think. I wouldn't say it's THE best, but it's damned close.
    And what would YOU nominate for the best fighting game, then? I haven't played that many, but I enjoyed Art of Fighting 3 a considerable deal. Played Tekken 3, and Mortal Kombat 4, but they weren't that fun. And I see that most of the newer fighting games are all about pulling off well timed combos. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bushido Blade was really something I could enjoy, partially because I'm a great fan of martial arts, but it's true that that game offers much more than an intense battle of skills and reflexes. And I also love the tension that comes from the fact that you die from one accurate hit. The concept of honor is a fun addition to the game, too. Bushido Blade 2 plays a little less "traditionally", so it's more like other fighting games, but the animation is much more fluid. In conclusion, I maybe like these games because they are different from the rest. Well, this goes for most games actually. I'm quite tired of clich� FPS/TPS/RTS/RPG/action games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Arcade games conversions to PSX are my favs, here is my top 5 list.

[2D]
    Capcom vs SNK Pro
    Marvel vs Capcom (don't you have this one? )
    King Of Fighters 99 (great, but japanese)

[3D]
    Bloody Roar II
    Tekken 3

Technically, i'd say that the 2D fighting games need way more precision than Bushido Blade, but that could be because i'm bad/you're bad/i'm good/you're good/i like 2d fighters alot/you like 3D etc etc.
    Also to note that i didn't fully enjoy this title, found the controls to be less responsive than the usual 2D fighting games and less responsive than Bloody Roar. I had good time with the tekken series but again i found the controls to be a bit slow for my needs. I'm not button bashing, oh never, i like to learn timed combos but in tekken 3 the time for pushing a certain button is simply too long. My grandma could do combos.

I like Bloody Roar 2 alot because it was a fast paced 3D fighting game, the animations are incredible and there's those cool remixed arcade tunes in it. I was also really good with a few characters, doing 25+ combos almost everytime, with a good "finish him" move.
    But there's something with Bloody Roar 2 that alot people hate, it that some moves can be incredibly powerful when used at the good moment. Like there is some "powerup a few seconds" moves that can litteraly remove 1/4 of your life. They are hard to integrate in your combos unless you do a fast stunning move before them.Another thing some people hated about this game is that you can keep your opponent in the air almost infinitely if you're good enough. Sad to say, but there is some cheesy moves that remove only a small amount of life everytime you do them, but that toss your opponent in the air long enough for you to redo that cheesy move thus removing 3/4 of your opponent life.
    But any real fighting game amateur wouldn't use those moves, only a button bashing kid would do that.

As for Capcom vs Snk pro, i think everyone should love this game. An immense selection of characters having different controls, great background and again som flashy effects, responsive controls, arcade soundtrack etc etc.

Thanks

Losers. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, that's where the fighting is at. Aoi for president.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    And what would YOU nominate for the best fighting game, then?
    Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike.
    No 2D fighter has so much depth as far as combos, guarding, and all out fighting. Button mashing simply will not help you here. All of the fighters who were carried over have been refined and the balance between them has been made more apparent. Capcom still hasn't figured out how to not use low-res sprites, but it's still a dope game.

If this isn't the best fighter, then it's

Killer Instinct. I'll be damned if anyone could honestly say this game wasn't kickass. With the characters that you can selct out of the box, you have a plethora of choices as to how you want to play through the game. Face paced? Pick Cinder. Big combos? Go with Orchid. Need power? T.J. Combo. It's really all in how you want it. But ALL the characters are capable of 15+ hit normal combos. And it's for the damned SNES!

But then again, I'm one of those "well-timed combo" guys.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    Killer Instinct. I'll be damned if anyone could honestly say this game wasn't kickass. With the characters that you can selct out of the box, you have a plethora of choices as to how you want to play through the game. Face paced? Pick Cinder. Big combos? Go with Orchid. Need power? T.J. Combo. It's really all in how you want it. But ALL the characters are capable of 15+ hit normal combos. And it's for the damned SNES!

But then again, I'm one of those "well-timed combo" guys.
    That's one enjoyable game, yes, although very different from the ones like Bushido Blade. I also played the sequel on N64. Sadly, in that, you can just win by pushing the buttons randomly... not a joke, I saw my friend play like this: nobody could beat him. But it's a great game nonetheless. And Saberwulf rocks.

Also played Art of Fighting 3. Has a nice variety of characters, each require a different fighting style, but of course, every character has it's weaknesses. A well-balanced game, I guess. Or it was just me. Dunno. Played it for a lot of time, that's sure.

Thanks

Wink thnks to all :P

cool thanks for all posting ur reply�s I am amazed at some things out there I love most 2d and 3d fighting style games but as far as it goes I still think that putting on a copy of Samuri Shodown III on to the ps has its raw fun and when u get down to it can get technique and a lot of instinct when ur in 2 player
    and if the list grows that would be nice too,Ilike seeing whats out there......

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by you
    Are there any games like Marvel VS Capcom or rather to be clearer American made games�
    NO, there aren�t any and you know that. Best 2D fighting games are either made by Capcom, or SNK, or SAMMY, all of which are Japanese and are dominant in the genre.
    �having non-Japanese characters I'm just tired of seeing Japanese characters, no offense to anyone.
    Not all Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Art of Fighting, or even Samurai Showdown characters are Japanese. Just because they are voiced by Japanese actors, doesn�t mean they are all Japanese. They are from around the world.
    �and proper English?
    You definitely know what matters most and what to look for in a fighting game.
    There were very few American-made 2D games (of any genre) of that era that didn�t suck serious ass. In fact, I believe that American 2D fighting games would be as good as Japanese bluegrass music.

Thanks

Man, nobody's giving any recognition to Soul Calibur. Man, what a great game . . . but even (ahem) the best fighter of all time couldn't save the Dreamcast . . .