View Poll Results: Do you use norton?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 46.94%
  • No

14 28.57%
  • Used to have it, havn't formatted since.

2 4.08%
  • Used to have it but reformatted and never bothered to reinstall it.

10 20.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many of you use Norton?

Thanks

What names were you talking about?

But the first lines in the program were:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. So yeah, I could use the program if I just told NAV not to do anything.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't use norton. What a PC performance sucker. I'm using Avast! which also have a more reliable virus database. Files with extracting scripts won't get deleted....

I used Panda protections with luck, more than Norton.

Thanks

I remember when i told norton not to do anything, still deleted it as soon as i went into the folder. Gee, i wonder what caused that. That's one for some of the researchers out there to figure out. I got enough already to reasearch on my C++ compiler and it's headers and php rather than what makes norton go weird. Good thing i didn't pay for it. I used a CDKey Generator. Some one might want to look into that one, cause if it can happen once. It can't surely happen again. But i think if you already installed norton and it's running fine now it'll come up unless you do somthing drastically new.

and by the names i mean any nicknames in there. i forget if there are any other than commander crash...

Thanks

At least I didn't see any others. I did a port scan to my computer and it reported port 110 (pop3) being open. Probably Opera was checking mail just then, because it should be stealthed normally.

But thanks for the program
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

I forget how many ports there are on computers, but it's between 60000 and 70000. Did you do a full scan? and i recommend that if you do want a port scan, have some one else do it. Not 100% sure but it could cause some issues. Especially cause a program might have somthing that rejects loopback connections.

Thanks

Heh, I know what ports are opened even without checking them with this program, I have Tiny Personal Firewall

And there are 65536 ports (65535 is the biggest, since 0 is a port also), you get it by 2<sup>16</sup>, ports use 16-bit system
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Somthing tells me i'll forget it and ask you again eventually. lol

wait.. 0's a port? I didn't think you could use that... woah... i autta make a chat program that runs on ports 0 and 65535. lol Server on port 0 and client on 65535. lol Maybe then i'll remember.

Thanks

Yeah, isn't it strange? There indeed exist port 0, but you can't actually use it. My firewall for example complains that it is not valid port. But still I can scan it. For example Shileds UP! Reports my port 0 and 1 being open, but they must be open from the router because they surely aren't from my computer (or my firewall leaks badly)
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

are you scanning your exturnal IP or are you going to "localhost". Cause scanning localhost sends a loopback connection that loops back before it even gets to the router. If i'm correct.

ADDITION: Looks like you can. I just tried it with my HTTP server and had no problems binding to it. Accept for some reson it goes to this program, but the http server binded to that port... oh hell... could be a loop back thing to 80 on the request side but on the binding side it is 0.
    Last edited by kohlrak; 1st-May-2005 at 11:57. Reason: ADDING INFORMATION

Thanks

I only use AVG Antivirus which is the best in my opinion.
    To appreciate heaven well, you must first experience hell.

I'm not afraid to get shot in the head and die, I'm afraid to get shot in the head and live.

Thanks

I've had my fair share of problems in the past with computer messes but I feel as long as your careful and don't blindly click every link you can avoid pretty many of the problems out there. Making sure you updated properly if you use IE or use alternate browers(firefox is GREAT)also makes everything obviously much safer. Ever since I started playing MMO's I've been incredibly careful with where I go and what I do. I'm pretty paranoid about getting my accounts ripped off

I wish safe browsing to you all! Remember if you have doubts its best not to test them.

And I agree AVG is darn great. If I used a program now it would definaetly be that.

Thanks

Floating around the forums that are with a romsite? Wow, quite a bit to ask for not having an anti virus and anti adware. Are you smokin' somthing? I'm not saying emuparadise is bad, but you never know when they're going to need to install google ads or somthing like that, which can include adware or viruses.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    Floating around the forums that are with a romsite? Wow, quite a bit to ask for not having an anti virus and anti adware. Are you smokin' somthing? I'm not saying emuparadise is bad, but you never know when they're going to need to install google ads or somthing like that, which can include adware or viruses.

Install google ads? Your joking right...

Ok really I have been using the Internet for a long time now, and have visited some bad sites... and have never gotten a virus. Norton stopped them all.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 1st-May-2005 at 22:14.

Thanks

Google ads can include viruses. Where the hell did you get google ads instilation from?

Thanks

Well, I can't see any Google ads on any pages, and if they were to install any viruses or such, I don't use Internet Explorer, so that's about that matter. I can only get viruses if I download some stuff or copy a game from a friend for example.
    Have you seen me before?