Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrono Cross makes me very cross

Thanks

Default Chrono Cross makes me very cross

Hi I recently downloaded the entire 9 parts for Disk 1 of Chrono Cross for the PSX emu ePSXe from Emuparadise, and I ran the ISO (and I am now sure that I am not the only one who came across this) but when you reach the main game menu to start a new game, once clicking "New Game" the screen turns black (as I would expect for normal loading times) but it stays black, can anyone tell my why?

I have a XP with ample RAM and Disk space, I have Pete's GPU Video Plugin configured for normal game usage, and there was no mention of this poblem happening in the HTML help file that came with ePSXe. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by psychofox
    Hi I recently downloaded the entire 9 parts for Disk 1 of Chrono Cross for the PSX emu ePSXe from Emuparadise, and I ran the ISO (and I am now sure that I am not the only one who came across this) but when you reach the main game menu to start a new game, once clicking "New Game" the screen turns black (as I would expect for normal loading times) but it stays black, can anyone tell my why?

I have a XP with ample RAM and Disk space, I have Pete's GPU Video Plugin configured for normal game usage, and there was no mention of this poblem happening in the HTML help file that came with ePSXe. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try using ePSXe 1.5.2 it seems to work better with Square games... It could solve this problem.

Thanks

If using 1.6.0, add -noauto to command line of shortcut to the epsxe.exe, like Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. And if you get stuck on teleport things later in the game, click F7 to bypass the freezing.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

okay i'll get back to you 2 tommorow when i've tried it, btw how do you add -noauto to the command line of the shortcut?

Thanks

There is a search option to check if your problem has already been solved.

Here you go: http://forums.emuparadise.org/showpo...18&postcount=7
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Thanks I had to find ePSXe ver 1.5.2 and when I did I got chrono cross to work, I wonder why that game didn't work and FFIX did seeing as the latest version doesn't like Square games as much?

Thanks

-noauto works for me, so I don't bother with 1.5.2 as 1.6 is enough better in other ways that I'm willing to put up with having an icon that I have to use for just one game...

Thanks

but I don't know how to add the -noauto, can anyone give me a quick step guide?

Oh I played crono cross earlier and when i went to look at the main character's status in the status menu it just blacked out on me like it was before with the new game in ver 1.6 of epsxe.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks
    EP Points

What I need now is your plugin configuration.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Thanks

Status menu freezes with me also (haven't yet tried 1.5.2)
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks
    EP Points

I encountered this myself and this is quite a problem in ePSXe.
    Try using PSXeven instead.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Thanks

Someone should make a thread about frequent game issues on ePSXe, if there's not one already... I can't remember how many CC threads have been made in the last couple of weeks... Not to be an ass, or anything, but it's getting to be a bit too much, with everyone responding "try -noauto", "try 1.5.2", and so on...

Thanks
    EP Points

They refuse to read my guide...

Anyway,
    GPU Configuration (Pete's HW plugins)
    Set desktop resolution to 640x480, or a multiple of 320x240, and enable Keep PSX aspect ratio, to make the backdrop look best.

It has been said that Chrono Cross will run better if you use a custom FPS limit of ~62-65.

If you are using ePSXe 1.6.0, run it with the -noauto command line switch.
    Be sure to activate the "Odd/Even Bit Hack" in Pete's Special Fixes.

Set Texture filtering to 6 or 4 so that you do not experience tiling in the backdrops. 6 is recommended. 2xSai is not recommended for this game.

If you want full effects (Battle Swirls, Lucca's house, etc), you have 2 options:

Set Framebuffer textures to 2 and set Framebuffer access to 3, or if you have FSAA on, set Framebuffer textures to 0, set Framebuffer access to 4.

Warning: These settings both need a relatively powerful machine to run, so if you experience problems, use a software plugin P.E.O.p.S.
    Last edited by fireblaster_lyz; 28th-April-2005 at 18:06.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Thanks

Well i'm using my laptop with Win XP, 1GB ram (2X 512mb), not sure about my processor speed though. I have the FPS set to about 55 but i might change it to 62 if you think it'll make a difference. I think i already have the texture on about 4 but i'll check later whether or not it is, otherwie i'll put it on 6 like you say.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Well I'm here just to tell that ChronoCross emulation on ePSXe is perfect.
    There are no freezes in status menu or in any other place.
    Well there are problem with black screen when in Lucca's burning
    house but it could easly be solved by using "P.E.Op.S Soft GPU".

So if you have problems with this game you have either messed up
    settings or you have a bad ISO.

As for the proof here are menu screen and status screen of this game:
    Menu screen:

Character status screen:

BTW: This was played on ePSXe 1.5.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	14329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	status screen.jpg 
Views:	783 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	14330