Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have you been shafted by ebay?

Thanks

Always check feedback. If someone has a negative in the past 6 months, and it's not something stupid (like when sellers give bad feedback to buyers, because the buyer gets angry when the seller cheats them/ships SUPER slow, or whatever, hate that), then I plain out won't buy from them.

I'm terribly picky on ebay, and the worst that's ever happened, was the post office lost an old Eagles record I ordered, and the seller apologized profusely, refunded my money, and shipped me another copy free of charge.

Just gotta know who you're dealing with, really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad
    Why would you pay 110 for one game. Thats lame.
    About as lame as a guy who would pay 65 bucks a month for broadband.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

if you think the customer service on ebay is bad why do you try suggesting some thing to Amazon about adding a game to the consoles future releases list that has been revealed to be coming out in 4 months time, instead they only add it about 1 month nearer the time and it's gone straight into their new releases list without any wirte a customer reveiw function on it for those who imported before hand. You cannot contact amazon about that things that they haven't thought of at all.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

ive never once been scammed on ebay. Worst Ive had was having to wait a month for my DS to arrive since I imported it from the US then when it arrived the robbing bastards at customs charged me 20 quid for handling. I was mega pissed.
    But scammers on ebay are easy to spot. I can usually tell a scammer just by the auction title (like the ones that have written in bold LOOK and RECIEVE FREE STUFF!!) I mean wtf come on, who (seriously) is going to fall for that. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE gives anything away for free. Heres a perfect example just from the Nintendo DS section on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...188727214&rd=1
    Now ive seen this guy selling stuff like this befor. He lives in a town very near me. The dirtiest town around, Sunderland. No wonder hes a scammer, hes from Sunderland. I am not suprised no one has bought from him yet (in that auction) 95% are not stupid.

My point. DONT BE STUPID. Learn how to spot a scammer. they are really easy and another easy way to tell is by looking at the feedback. It might all be positive, but there we be a pattern to what everyone has said. Things like: "Seems interesting. Good seller" Seems interesting? what kind of person leaves feedback without even trying out the item?
    Another person says: "Received the item (via email). Haven't tried yet, but looks promising" WTF? this is not a legit feedback im sure. NO ONE leaves feedback without trying the item first. Its like buying a game and throwing away the reciept without even checking the game is inside the box. It's ludicrous (sp?) lol and find it hard to believe that people actually fall for scammers like this retard.

/end rant
    Last edited by Andeh; 29th-April-2005 at 08:53.

Thanks

yeah true i was a bit retarded for falling for his snare, but your advice is comman sence the guy had 100% feed back at the time and a feedback score of 110 so i trusted him since he always contacted me back when i asked WHERE THE F*** IS MY GAME! but he lives abroad so there is nothing i can do.im not stupid though i dont fall for obvious scammers. im just unlucky i didnt ask whether you think im a retard i asked if this this happens a lot and do ebay acturally shell out any money to victims?
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Ive bidded and sold hundreds on ebay and never had a problem with it...

If your going to be buying things from ebay then as everyone else has stated -

CHECK THE SELLERS FEEDBACK!
    I personally never bid on an item from a seller who has less than 10 positive feedback (5+ you should look for in the past month or two...).
    If a seller has a huge rating of say 350 with only 348 positives then usually thats ok, mistakes do happen and usually you will find the negative feedback is from users with a very low feedback rating anyway!

ASK QUESTIONS!
    Never presume with ebay.
    A lot of the time people will try to scam you, i remember reading an article in edge were a few sellers where advertising PSP's, the only problem was they never once mentioned you get an actual PSP with it!! It was basically just the packing!! It's harsh but things like this happen everyday so just make sure you ask questions before you bid, for your sake and also for the sake of the seller.

DONT GIVE UP!
    If you are the victim of a scam then no doubt lots more people have been too. Dont give up with the fact that you have lost money. Conctact ebay and let them know firstly, and also how about trying to rally up a few people who have also been scammed, the more of you who take action the more likely you are to win the battle!

Thanks

yes, you are right, i shouldnt have given up so easy. i should contact some of the more recently scammed people and see if we can kick ebays @$$.
    thank you dark magician.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..