Thread: Tales of Destiny II

Thanks

Default Tales of Destiny II

I'm new to the forums , so I'm not sure where to post this complaint but anyway:

I downloaded from the bitorrent tracker, Tales of Destiny 2. It contains three .rar files and I downloaded the first .rar file, the first disk.
    But the first .rar file wouldn't open, and winrar said that the archieve is in an unknown format or damaged.

So, I rebuilt the Tales of Destiny II CD1.rar in winrar and it does not contain the CD1 image file. Which is what is supposed to be in it as well as other files.

When I opened repaired Tales of Destiny II CD1.rar it contained a -corrupt- Tales of Destiny II CD2.img but no CD1.img.

My question is where is the Tales of Destiny II CD1.img file???
    Ragnar14 (the uploader) must've made a mistake archieving the files in the first place. In Tales of Destiny II CD2.rar, the files are just repeats of the first .rar.

Tales of Destiny II CD2.rar contains a working (I assume) Tales of Destiny II CD2.img, the same file that is in the first .rar file.

Now I would like to know
    - why the first .rar file is corrupt and whether I can fix it?
    - why there is no CD1.img?
    - if I have to download the other two .rar files before I can play the first disk?
    - whether or not all the files are in the archieves?
    - why has nobody encountered this before?

I posted this at the comments section of the game but nobody has answered, so I decided to try here.
    Thankyou for reading and I hope I get an answer soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Humm, I probably answered your problem in your PM. Ya didn't need to bump every releated thread ya know
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know where exactly to put this thread, so for right now I'll leave it in here.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Computer tech would probably be best, he's having client problems.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Computer tech would probably be best, he's having client problems.
    Ragnar is right as the torrent is good.
    I've downloaded mine from EP's tracker and it
    contained all three CD's and all of them were
    in perfect condition.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseman42
    I posted this at the comments section of the game but nobody has answered, so I decided to try here.
    Thankyou for reading and I hope I get an answer soon.
    someone would come... we pretty much all have a life outside EP, just be patient.

As to downloading the stuff, you have to download each part in order to get the full disk...

If downloading doesn't work, try the Torrents. they will work, and sometimes faster depending on how many seeds (completed downloaders) there are.

Thanks

Hey,
    I finally downloaded the TODII.rar file and it works. Now I have another problem.
    I start the ISO and then the gamepad won't work. I can press keys on my keyboard but any of the ones that I associated with the gamepad won't work. I can't skip the intro movie by pressing start or even start the game at the intro screen when it says start.

I tried several different plugins and even emulators, and nothing worked. So I believe it to be something with the gamepad... and if it isn't it would be the ISO but I don't want to think about that.